• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
It was meeeeeee :D

Thank you for the game :D

(wait a second, did I claim a game from you before too? :S )

You did, but that's no trouble. Enjoy your good luck!
3AQmK.gif

leadbelly

Banned
Actually, some games have gone cheaper in the past. I know because I bought a game before in a sale only for it to go cheaper a couple of days later, :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
whoever wins max payne 2 is in for a treat. hands down the best third person shooter ever.

I just wish it were longer. My first playthrough took me around six hours, so I'd say 4-5 would be possible when familiarity enters the equation.

Toki767

Actually, some games have gone cheaper in the past. I know because I bought a game before in a sale only for it to go cheaper a couple of days later, :/
Those were usually pricing errors with the one exception that I remember being Saints Row the Third last year.

Terra_Ex

Good luck, have fun.

Thanks for Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery EP :)

Keys for Anomaly: Warzone Earth & King's Bounty: Armored Princess below, modbot ate the subtitles for reasons unknown.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Anomaly -- MB-9F0B0EDF6C7C6109 - Taken by ElFly
King's Bounty -- MB-6392A0E7C8263331 - Taken by Turfster

Cfh123

Any thoughts on Heroes VI? For $10 it seems like a good deal.

I played a ton of Heroes II and III back in the day, but was disappointed with the next two iterations.

RS4-

ModBot said:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cubemen 2 -- MB-317842906CFAFEC7 - Taken by Kifimbo

Hopefully this works!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
While you're here: Wouldn't it be nice to have the option to exclude people who've won during the last day? NOWINNERSDAILY?

I'm of two minds about it. The reason why I had NOWINNERS and NOWINNERSWEEKLY was sort of more for ongoing threads. Obviously the summer sale, there's a lot more giveaways and a lot more claims and a lot more people being disqualified for having previous claims. So I don't mind introducing a new rule keeping that in mind, but I also feel like it's really only a rule that has any use during a sale event.

Stump, since my last giveaway was unclaimed, can I delete the quote from my old post, and then add the game/ModBot code along with other codes I may want to give away in the future (just add it to the quoted text)?

Edit: ah, nevermind, someone finally took it!

Glad it was resolved, but see the second post in this thread, the one right after the OP--and/or read the ModBot FAQ for what to do if you want to repost. Yes you can re-send unclaimed keys, it'll update the giveaway info.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm of two minds about it. The reason why I had NOWINNERS and NOWINNERSWEEKLY was sort of more for ongoing threads. Obviously the summer sale, there's a lot more giveaways and a lot more claims and a lot more people being disqualified for having previous claims. So I don't mind introducing a new rule keeping that in mind, but I also feel like it's really only a rule that has any use during a sale event.

You can always remove it after the sales?

I just wish it were longer. My first playthrough took me around six hours, so I'd say 4-5 would be possible when familiarity enters the equation.
I'm actually pretty fond of its length. It feels perfectly paced and never overstays its welcome, it's what made it so good to revisit time and time again.

Jeb

Thinking about getting one of the steam 50$ cards, just got a debit card which doesn't work with steam so I had someone else buy them for me, but its starting to get ridiculously annoying and difficult with the steam sales, so I'm thinking of getting a 50$ card and trying to spend it wisely.
Not in the US but I know a place that sells a lot of imported stuff like the US PSN cards and I think XBLA as well, hopefully they have some in time before 75% Tomb Raider goes...

So what do you think? any advice or suggestions? recently reached the age limit for getting a credit card so this will only be temporary, but I would like to here what people think of them and how they work, any regional problems or anything I should know?

jtb

Banned

Glad it was resolved, but see the second post in this thread, the one right after the OP--and/or read the ModBot FAQ for what to do if you want to repost. Yes you can re-send unclaimed keys, it'll update the giveaway info.

just out of curiosity, is there a way to fix the subtitles getting chopped off? I assume it's because modbot reads the colon as the end of the title (as in the format examples), so maybe adding a disclaimer in the FAQ post saying "don't use punctuation" would be helpful?

rookiejet

ModBot doesn't think too highly of my giveaway, it told me I should "giveth more." I tried to explain to it that these are good games :/

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Geneforge Saga -- MB-03A8F6F227FB4CC7 - Taken by ht01
Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-39B16DC1518E74F5 - Taken by kevin1025

Necrovex

Another lovely Steam Sale. I have to resist the urge this time around. Short on cash, since I just got graduated (so I no longer have my university bankrolling my life). It also doesn't hurt that my backlog is gigantic with Xenoblade, Ace Combat 4/5/0, and Suikoden I/II.

Though, Resident Evil 6 does look somewhat appetizing. :-(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
reposting these for the newcomers
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Nightsky -- MB-CF883C839E837B5B
Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC -- MB-7A03A8C07829A2D1

Sianos

ModBot said:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Dear Esther -- MB-917937373A213512 - Taken by mingoguaya
Hotline Miami -- MB-31E95F1086F472DC - Taken by Fireblend
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-1799DA39CF4FA93C - Taken by ricochetguro
Nightsky -- MB-B61C44BA055446B5

Hotline Miami, for those who missed it. Also included some old bundle games, just to make sure multiple people get a shot. <3

derExperte

Good point, we don't need feature creep and a million commands for every possibility imaginable but seeing as these sales are happening several time a year and the community is growing I think this one will be useful quite often.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How soon is TW2 likely to get cheaper than it is right now? I want it, but I still need to finish TW1 (and a bunch of other games) first.

ieavei

Here's Metro 2033. Enjoy...
ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Metro 2033 -- MB-F281698C47FB2F82 - Taken by t-ramp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom