• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsen

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot recently [since the start of beta testing for ModBot], you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

English Country Tune -- MB-6BCE0F82BFC2E2D2 - Taken by davidsaurus
Monday Night Combat -- MB-1248631A2CBF0DAE - Taken by chronomac
Pacific Storm Allies -- MB-448F27F966F3A3D5 - Taken by Shadowplay1979
Avencast -- MB-243058CEDA57B9D5
Gumboy -- MB-45FA94300E7784F3

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
yay, new topic and already a gazillion pages long <3

Bought all the Tomb Raiders I didn't have, too hard to resist at those prices!

leadbelly

Banned
Those were usually pricing errors with the one exception that I remember being Saints Row the Third last year.

I've noticed a few games where that has happened. I bought Hotline Miami in a flash sale only for it to go cheaper in a daily sale a couple of days later. At least i think it was Hotline Miami. I've bought so many games in sales it is hard to keep track.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I just wish it were longer. My first playthrough took me around six hours, so I'd say 4-5 would be possible when familiarity enters the equation.

Ah, she's back to better self!

---------------------------------

Binding of Isaac why u no 1080p :(

tumblr_m83uqnbBV01rys4czo1_250.gif

jtb

Banned
You can wait until Amazon matches their price and apply the code GOONCAVE for 15% off (I think that's the code and discount, though I might be wrong)

what does this code work with? I'm thinking of buying the Firaxis pack (civ 4, 5, XCOM for $20), will it get a discount?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
just out of curiosity, is there a way to fix the subtitles getting chopped off? I assume it's because modbot reads the colon as the end of the title (as in the format examples), so maybe adding a disclaimer in the FAQ post saying "don't use punctuation" would be helpful?

So when it reads a line, it tokenizes the line (cuts it up into chunks). It uses the following rules:
- Check for a tab. If there's a tab, the last tab in the line is probably the key the rest is the title
- Found nothing? Check for " - ". If that's there, the thing before the - is the title, everything after is the key.
- Found nothing? Check for ": " in the line. If that's there, the rightmost chunk is the key
- Found nothing? Check for " | " etc
- Found nothing? Try taking everything after the last space and see if it works out to a key
- Found nothing? Assume the whole line is a key and try to parse one out.

The bug occurs when the title contains a higher priority rule and separator between the title and key is using a lower priority rule or not at all.

Good:
Hitman: Absolution: KEY-GOES-HERE
Hitman: Absolution - KEY-GOES-HERE
Hitman Absolution: KEY-GOES-HERE
Hitman Absolution - KEY-GOES-HERE
Hitman Absolution KEY-GOES-HERE
etc

Bad:
Hitman: Absolution | KEY-GOES-HERE
Hitman: Absolution KEY-GOES-HERE

All of the formats listed in the ModBot FAQ work fine. Punctuation is fine. It's just not fine if you mix things willy nilly. To some extent I need to rely on users making sensible decisions.

So many "maybes" today... can't convince myself to pay £10 for RE6. Always wanted to try a might and magic as well :/ Decisions..decisions.

Acccent

I'm of two minds about it. The reason why I had NOWINNERS and NOWINNERSWEEKLY was sort of more for ongoing threads. Obviously the summer sale, there's a lot more giveaways and a lot more claims and a lot more people being disqualified for having previous claims. So I don't mind introducing a new rule keeping that in mind, but I also feel like it's really only a rule that has any use during a sale event..

Maybe you should add an all-encompassing SALE rule that tweaks ModBot's behaviour for events like these, making it more strict on who can claim the games?

Quick question, I want to buy the Witcher 2 but I'm in Europe on vacation. I have money in my Steam account, but all of the games show up in Euros when I view them in the app. First, will it let me make the purchase and if it does and I buy the game for €4.99, how many dollars is it going to take out of my account?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm actually pretty fond of its length. It feels perfectly paced and never overstays its welcome, it's what made it so good to revisit time and time again.

I can agree with it being a great experience, but nonetheless it feels a little light, particularly for what was a full-price release back in its day.

Edit: Boo, it seems Valve has disabled user-uploaded avatars for the time being. :(

jtb

Banned
So when it reads a line, it tokenizes the line (cuts it up into chunks). It uses the following rules:
- Check for a tab. If there's a tab, the last tab in the line is probably the key the rest is the title
- Found nothing? Check for " - ". If that's there, the thing before the - is the title, everything after is the key.
- Found nothing? Check for ": " in the line. If that's there, the rightmost chunk is the key
- Found nothing? Check for " | " etc
- Found nothing? Try taking everything after the last space and see if it works out to a key
- Found nothing? Assume the whole line is a key and try to parse one out.

The bug occurs when the title contains a higher priority rule and separator between the title and key is using a lower priority rule or not at all.

Good:
Hitman: Absolution: KEY-GOES-HERE
Hitman: Absolution - KEY-GOES-HERE
Hitman Absolution: KEY-GOES-HERE
Hitman Absolution - KEY-GOES-HERE
Hitman Absolution KEY-GOES-HERE
etc

Bad:
Hitman: Absolution | KEY-GOES-HERE
Hitman: Absolution KEY-GOES-HERE

All of the formats listed in the ModBot FAQ work fine. Punctuation is fine. It's just not fine if you mix things willy nilly. To some extent I need to rely on users making sensible decisions.

ah, makes sense. I never put a colon between the game and the code, I will start doing that. thanks!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You posted this mod the very next day I was done with the game!

You haven't finished The Witcher 2 until you've seen the other side of Act 2. Here's an excuse to go back!

I don't know... This mod may obscure the "important" Triss scenes with camera blocking fauna.

I assure you Triss' wonderful physique remains untouched by my mod.

derExperte

I got Anniversary for free? Have to gift Underworld to restore balance.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

TR Underworld -- MB-77EF7FF2D0B5E6D5 - Taken by 3pheMeraLmiX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom