• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Fellow GAFfer RionaaM you need to check my Screenshot of Organ Trail. :p

Also, people should buy this game. But shooting is terrible, be warned.

kris.

Banned
so, this being my first steam sale and whatnot, i may have gone a bit overboard.

picked up so far:
-bully: scholarship edition
-chivalry: medieval warfare
-duke nukem 3d: megaton edition
-fallout 3
-fallout: new vegas
-fez
-hotline miami
-legend of grimrock
-portal 2
-saints row: the third (the one with all the addons)
-kotor 2
-surgery simulator
-the witcher 2

actually, in retrospect, that doesn't seem like much but with a whole week to go, i might have to quit early and not bring up steam until the sale is over so i'm not tempted to buy more :(

dammit, gaben, y u do dis to me

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Fellow GAFfers please don't post those Spiders things in here.

It seems that there are people who have phobia or don't feel comfortable with that so let's respect them, shall we? Thanks in advance!
Now you made me feel ashamed of myself for laughing at the guys who were freaking out here :/

I'm sorry guys, I failed you. And the other 20 bus passengers who had to hear my laughter on top of that annoying baby's cry.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Have the game open, and after a certain amount of time half of the total number required for the crafting of the corresponding badge drop.

Is it enough to simply have started the game? Can it be left on the main menu? Does it have to be active, or can I Alt+Tab out of it and just leave it running in the background?

The_Monk

Shooting? Is it similar to Oregon Trail's little hunting sections where you shoot rabbits and stuff?

There are times at this game where you have a job and need to shoot some enemies or you need to find supplies (ammo, food, gas) and enemies will come at you.In those parts I find shooting too hard for me.

I don't have Oregon Trail's so I can't answer that part, sorry fellow GAFfer.

Now you made me feel ashamed of myself for laughing at the guys who were freaking out here :/

I'm sorry guys, I failed you. And the other 20 bus passengers who had to hear my laughter on top of that annoying baby's cry.

Ah, I'm fine with them I even like them and I like that comic from Spider-BRO.

Toki767

Is it enough to simply have started the game? Can it be left on the main menu? Does it have to be active, or can I Alt+Tab out of it and just leave it running in the background?
You can just be on the launcher. Steam just needs to think you're playing the game.

AlexBasch

After a regular session of Sleeping Dogs I ended up with four cards, yay.

How do I know if there aren't more droppings or anything?

Yes, I'm actually playing the game, mock me. ):

Smash88

Banned
Does mug not realize it was on community vote for pretty cheap?

People never wait for the daily deals.

Salsa I think it's time to enact Plan 85.

The Shame List.

so, this being my first steam sale and whatnot, i may have gone a bit overboard.

picked up so far:
-bully: scholarship edition
-chivalry: medieval warfare
-duke nukem 3d: megaton edition
-fallout 3
-fallout: new vegas
-fez
-hotline miami
-legend of grimrock
-portal 2
-saints row: the third (the one with all the addons)
-kotor 2
-surgery simulator
-the witcher 2

actually, in retrospect, that doesn't seem like much but with a whole week to go, i might have to quit early and not bring up steam until the sale is over so i'm not tempted to buy more :(

dammit, gaben, y u do dis to me

As we speak a team of SteamGAF ninjas are cross checking your list of games to see if you waited for the daily deals. Looks like you made out ok this sale, lots of good ones on there!

Mugatu

After a regular session of Sleeping Dogs I ended up with four cards, yay.

How do I know if there aren't more droppings or anything?

Yes, I'm actually playing the game, mock me. ):

Click on Badges under your name in the client and it should list how many drops you have left per game.

Deitus

You can idle on the main menu, and/or minimize the game. Just as long as you show up as in game on Steam.

Recently I wanted to earn cards for Bastion but it crashed on startup. Instead of clicking OK on the crash notification, I left it as is, and earned all my cards with the crash notification.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Damage on my wallet
  • Alice Madness Returns
  • Borderlands 2
  • Botanicula
  • Clive Barker's Jericho
  • Dark Souls
  • Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
  • Dust
  • Fez
  • I Am Alive
  • The Last Remnant
  • Left 4 Dead 2
  • Legacy of Kain collection
  • Overlord Collection
  • Reus
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
  • Tomb Raider
  • Ys 1+2

I might be missing some but whatever you get the idea.

Mugatu

WTF why is there spider pictures in the Steam sale thread? I HATE SPIDERS.

Some people just feel the need to show off their participation in the Steam Spiders metagame beta.

Every 5 achievements you get your computer spits out a random spider.

AlexBasch

Click on Badges under your name in the client and it should list how many drops you have left per game.

On Steam client go to Badges sub menu on your username and it'll show each game with how many drops you have on top right.
Thanks, I found them. Hopefully I'll get a booster pack or whatever that is since there are no more drops. ):

haha look at that guy, he play his games
;_;

hlhbk

So I already had the base version of Fallout New Vegas and bought the ultimate edition instead of buying the DLC individually, is there supposed to be a seperate entry in Steam for it?

Reus, yes or no? Help me gaf.

Yes. If you end buying it you're going to put a happy smile in Toma's face. So buy it and make a gaffer happy!

It seems to be a mixture between a god game,a puzzle game and some 4X elements thrown in (research, expansion, war). Not directly a puzzle game, but how you need to make sure that your village prospers with limited amount of space and within the scope of that, there seem to be tons of possibilities for different plants, animals, minerals, which all have a different symbiosis to something to enhance the effect, giving it a bit of a 4X touch as well. Example: Blueberries give you 4 food, but if you upgrade them to strawberries you get 8 food and if the strawberries are next to another patch of blueberries, they get an additional 2 food on top. All this helps developing your villages, which in turn is needed to advance the powers of your giants. Its really slick and charming and considering the surprising amount of variation and possibilities (100 plants), I can see myself playing this for a while. Its also suuuper cool to just watch people doing their thing. They really managed to give this game a special touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom