• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

chixdiggit

Sorry but this thread is way over hyping Reus. I like the audio and visuals but the game itself is nothing really that special. The giants move way too slow, and there really doesn't seem to be that much actual strategy involved. Seems like every objective has an obvious solution.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Guys

31.2 MB

3 + 1 + 2 = 6
F is the 6th letter of the alphabet
2^(1+3) = 16
P is the 16th letter of the alphabet
2^(1+3) + 2^2 = 20
T is the 20th letter of the alphabet

FTP

Free To Play

Half-Life 3 is free to play confirmed.

On a sidenote, is Half-Life 2 worth getting? I have pretty much every other Valve Source game (except Counter-Strike: Source).

Raytow

Sorry but this thread is way over hyping Reus. I like the audio and visuals but the game itself is nothing really that special. The giants move way too slow, and there really doesn't seem to be that much actual strategy involved. Seems like every objective has an obvious solution.

I actually hate that rather than being a god you are some sort of omnipotent nanny, black and white suffered from the same thing, is there a truly god sim out there.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Guys

31.2 MB

3 + 1 + 2 = 6
2^(1+3) = 16
2^(1+3) + 2^2 = 20

FTP

Free To Play

On a sidenote, is Half-Life 2 worth getting? I have pretty much every other Valve Source game (except Counter-Strike: Source).

It is all coming together now.

tjohn86

Be careful picking up The Walking Dead: 400 Days from Gamestop.

The code they gave me has already been activated.

I should have known better than to use Gamestop.

BLunted

Banned

GAF overhype something? Get outta here with that crazy talk....

Question, I'm a pretty causal PC gamer. I just get games that my laptop can run that are neat indies or older games. I really liked Kotor II and put in 40 hours on the original Xbox in early 2007, I had got the original KOTOR in 2004. I got a Wii as a July 2007 and it became my primary system and I just forgot to finish the game. I was at the part where you split up into two parties. Its like $3.33 on flash sale now. I know that a group finished a "complete" mod that restored the cut content. How hard would it be to add this for someone who isn't the most advanced at computers? Would I be able to do it to a Steam copy?

Speaking of Obsidian, New Vegas is also $5 for GOTY. Do I need to have played other Fallouts to enjoy the game, will they enhance my experience if I had? How long is it, main and then with side content? How badly do the bugs affect the actual gameplay. Thanks.

kevin1025

Banned
Guys

31.2 MB

3 + 1 + 2 = 6
2^(1+3) = 16
2^(1+3) + 2^2 = 20

FTP

Free To Play

It is all coming together now.

Picture-191.jpg

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
the half life patch fixed the hardware direct x 8 bug and shadows only going up to medium

Speaking of Obsidian, New Vegas is also $5 for GOTY. Do I need to have played other Fallouts to enjoy the game, will they enhance my experience if I had? How long is it, main and then with side content? How badly do the bugs affect the actual gameplay. Thanks.

You don't need to have played any of them, the DLC is pure awesome, and the bugs are overblown. My last playthrough was 115 hours and only had the game lock up twice.

Of course that was on console, but the point stands.

Chojka

Boom!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dishonored -- MB-7D37A4A6A88272CB - Taken by Saty

What's the gaf verdict on Dust An Elysian Tail?

The general verdict seems to be "I didn't think I would like it because of the art-style, but it ended up not being a problem and I loved the game". So that is a pretty strong recommendation.

But to be honest? Whilst I liked the art-style, I found it pretty repetitive and didn't really enjoy it.

kris.

Banned

i would go ahead and grab it. none of the fallout stories are directly related and the previous games aside from 3 are completely different in terms of gameplay. new vegas is a lot of fun and most of the bugs were squashed by patches, if i remember correctly. the whole deal for $5 is a steal.

Sykotik

Question, I'm a pretty causal PC gamer. I just get games that my laptop can run that are neat indies or older games. I really liked Kotor II and put in 40 hours on the original Xbox in early 2007, I had got the original KOTOR in 2004. I got a Wii as a July 2007 and it became my primary system and I just forgot to finish the game. I was at the part where you split up into two parties. Its like $3.33 on flash sale now. I know that a group finished a "complete" mod that restored the cut content. How hard would it be to add this for someone who isn't the most advanced at computers? Would I be able to do it to a Steam copy?

Fallout NV: I played 68 hours so far. I re-made characters, but it has a lot of content, even more so with the DLC. You don't need to have played previous entries, imo, but they are good games, too.

As for the KOTOR 2, I don't remember the mod being difficult to install. I may be mis-remembering, though.

jtb

Banned

Installing the restoration mod for KOTOR 2 is very easy. It's an exe, you just tell it where the Steam install is and it'll install itself. oh and DO NOT bother with the M4-78 planet, stick with just the base restoration mod. That planet was cut for a reason, and even it its "restored" state is borderline unplayable.

New Vegas stands alone. It's very good, lots of content. for $5, it's an absolute steal.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
great sale so far

- Bioshock
- Left 4 Dead 1 + 2
- Portal 2
- Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate
- Psychonauts
- Mass Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.