• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khronico

If anyone is considering AoE2HD, the breakdown is as follows:
4 Pack: $7.50
Amazon with code 'GOONCAVE': $8.50

I would highly recommend NOT buying a single copy on steam as it's more expensive.

Turfster

Time to rebalance my karma!
Well, overbalance a bit, I guess.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Pacific Storm Allies -- MB-872ECE282433AF07
Avencast -- MB-F7749E2EE2491D85 - Taken by Stumpokapow
Gumboy -- MB-38D45575F6E8A9B8 - Taken by Deques

Jawmuncher

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jawmuncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Awesomenauts -- MB-4D7CA0EC1EE6D02F - Taken by Prophane33
Eets -- MB-953B9EED193D4ACD
Alan Wake's American Nightmare -- MB-D3B3D189D0691585 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Oil Rush -- MB-C8823A012D75AC93 - Taken by kutthoat5150
Shank 2 -- MB-632B9CB4C79004B0 - Taken by zychi

If you get awesomenauts PM me and i'll include the cluck costume.

Duo014

Should i get my hopes up that the unreal pack will be discounted more? Because the gf is a huge ut & unreal fangirl ( we have them all boxed, but steam is easy :p ) or if anyone has it & wants to trade it for something just pm me.

Hmm I don't know if I'll be able to get this badge without spending a shitload of money.. Already bought RE6, Surgeon Sim and Ys I & II.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Rogue Legacy is so damn good. It is not heavily discounted so many won't buy it, but it isn't super expensive either. I think that is the best game to giveaway right now if you are feeling particularly generous.

Firehead

For me as well. Hopping it gets a daily here fairly soon. If not, eh 20% off won't be too bad for a last day pickup. Game looks great as well. Can't really think of any other games I really want to grab on sale right now.

Don't hop too much. You might miss it.

I need to leave this thread, its just too awesome seeing all these nice people giving away things! I need to go out and face the reality that all not people are as nice as the folks on this thread :')

Avallon

I got screwed over by someone who said they were in on a 4 pack for RPG Maker and then backed out after I bought it. Would someone like to purchase the last copy for 17.85USD via paypal?

Where is my RE: Revelations sale?

This is like the main thing I want and there is no word of it.

It would also be cool if the Trackmania games went on sale too!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So when it reads a line, it tokenizes the line (cuts it up into chunks). It uses the following rules:
- Check for a tab. If there's a tab, the last tab in the line is probably the key the rest is the title
- Found nothing? Check for " - ". If that's there, the thing before the - is the title, everything after is the key.
- Found nothing? Check for ": " in the line. If that's there, the rightmost chunk is the key
- Found nothing? Check for " | " etc
- Found nothing? Try taking everything after the last space and see if it works out to a key
- Found nothing? Assume the whole line is a key and try to parse one out.

The bug occurs when the title contains a higher priority rule and separator between the title and key is using a lower priority rule or not at all.

Good:
Hitman: Absolution: KEY-GOES-HERE
Hitman: Absolution - KEY-GOES-HERE
Hitman Absolution: KEY-GOES-HERE
Hitman Absolution - KEY-GOES-HERE
Hitman Absolution KEY-GOES-HERE
etc

Bad:
Hitman: Absolution | KEY-GOES-HERE
Hitman: Absolution KEY-GOES-HERE

All of the formats listed in the ModBot FAQ work fine. Punctuation is fine. It's just not fine if you mix things willy nilly. To some extent I need to rely on users making sensible decisions.
Thanks for the explanation. I was thinking about using the "|" character whenever I make a giveaway through ModBot, now I know better.

That's it, only ":" on the game titles and "-" as title/key separator.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm I don't know if I'll be able to get this badge without spending a shitload of money.. Already bought RE6, Surgeon Sim and Ys I & II.

lol Capcom. Release a substandard resident evil game and suffer from low sales during the initial launch. Then after the game has dropped off, only marginally discount it.

Where is my RE: Revelations sale?

This is like the main thing I want and there is no word of it.

It would also be cool if the Trackmania games went on sale too!

Still can't understand that all of the sales I've seen for this whether it be Amazon or GMG have it priced much higher than all the RE6 deals. makes no sense

DeVeAn

Rogue Legacy is so damn good. It is not heavily discounted so many won't buy it, but it isn't super expensive either. I think that is the best game to giveaway right now if you are feeling particularly generous.

I logged 29 hours and 100%'d it is fantastic. Worth the $14.99 needs cards though.

cicero

But you can cash out indirectly by having someone paypal you then you use your wallet funds to gift them.

How is that trackable or definable by Valve to the IRS though? I think that they put the requirement in just to save themselves the trouble of dealing with real issues like that. It is an easy catch-all solution for them that ends up screwing over their customers, in that the end user has to provide their SSN to Valve and assume that they will keep it safe. Why would I trust anyone to store that safely, much less a game company? I just don't like that idea of ultimate trust being assumed and demanded in an age where no system should be trusted. Valve isn't even sending the information into the IRS until you hit the legal requirement of exceeding $20,000 in gross sales AND 200 separate sales transactions in a calendar year. I would rather they not require anything until the $20,000 mark is within reach. At the least, have it optional to have them store your SSN info on their servers as they have it optional to store your address info during purchases. Just my two cents anyway.

Razorskin

----- ------
Thanks to Volcynika for the extra copy!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

The Ship -- MB-05426D3232017E85 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick

yami4ct

Should I, though? Is it worth it? I've played maybe 20% of TW1 or so. I enjoyed what I played, but I kind of feel like I won't have time to finish both that and TW2 before 3 comes out.

I feel like TW1 gives you a good understanding of the characters and world, but it's so much less interesting than TW2. You might enjoy TW2 more if you finish 1, though. If you can power through, critical path it quickly, go for it. It's a good game, but far more flawed than 2.

Mazdarati

Neo Member
Not sure this was posted before, but Tomb Raider on Amazon is cheaper (by $1.87) than the steam sale if you use the promo code "gooncave".
Got it for $10.62.

Still can't understand that all of the sales I've seen for this whether it be Amazon or GMG have it priced much higher than all the RE6 deals. makes no sense

Really? It launched at a higher price(50 as compared to RE6's 40) and came out only a few months ago.

lol Capcom. Release a substandard resident evil game and suffer from low sales during the initial launch. Then after the game has dropped off, only marginally discount it.
RE6 sold very well, Capcom just had absurd expectations for everything much like Square Enix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom