• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I logged 29 hours and 100%'d it is fantastic. Worth the $14.99 needs cards though.

For some reason it stopped dropping blacksmith plans for me. I am on New Game++++ and still am missing six or seven plans. But still, a crazy good game.

Should I, though? Is it worth it? I've played maybe 20% of TW1 or so. I enjoyed what I played, but I kind of feel like I won't have time to finish both that and TW2 before 3 comes out.

Well, that depends on you. TW2 has different combat and mechanics, and I prefer it greatly to the first one. I didn't think the first one was bad however and also finished it. If you like it so far, I'd say finish it first.

Anustart

Bah! Made it to sector 5 in my 2nd FTL run. I got TORE up by a mantis ship. Sensors went down, couldn't see where they were in the ship, I tried to vent oxygen, but they ripped through my blast doors in .5 seconds. Then my o2 went out, hull vaporized. Rest in peace members of the SS Butt Pirate :(

Vecks

Is Modbot supposed to take a long time to reply when registering a giveaway? I thought it was only gonna take a minute, but it's been almost half an hour and still no reply.

jtb

Banned
I had no idea about the GOG Witcher thing. dammit, I just rebought the Witcher 1 when it was $5 too during the sale (even though it was never a daily) just so I could get a DRM free version... fuuuu

Indeed, but the PC release still just came out. Not really that hard to understand as to why it's more expensive. One can debate whether Capcom made a wise decision with the original price I suppose.

I think the release of Revlations and 6 are only a month or two apart edit...on PC

Can't be certain, but regardless. Even releasing it at $50 for an HD 3DS game doesn't make any sense. They would have made much more by releasing at $25

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Frozen Synapse -- MB-1675D49C5AEE337C - Taken by SinineSiil

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I feel like TW1 gives you a good understanding of the characters and world, but it's so much less interesting than TW2. You might enjoy TW2 more if you finish 1, though. If you can power through, critical path it quickly, go for it. It's a good game, but far more flawed than 2.

Well, that depends on you. TW2 has different combat and mechanics, and I prefer it greatly to the first one. I didn't think the first one was bad however and also finished it. If you like it so far, I'd say finish it first.

Ok, gonna push through and finish it as quickly as I can I guess!

3phemeral

Oh man, I was wondering why the RPG Maker 4 pack was so expensive until I realized it was a 4-Pack bundle and not the base game + al DLC. Even still, all DLC is $46.50 by itself. ಠ_ಠ

m.gorecki

Is Modbot supposed to take a long time to reply when registering a giveaway? I thought it was only gonna take a minute, but it's been almost half an hour and still no reply.

Usually doesn't take that long. Try sending again, if it doesn't work, PM stump.

Mildudon

Again hopes this works. Again it's a big one 6 in one.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Darksiders, Red Faction: Armageddon, Metro 2033, Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, and Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor -- MB-04A18B6DD5DFB667 - Taken by Shalashaska

Is Modbot supposed to take a long time to reply when registering a giveaway? I thought it was only gonna take a minute, but it's been almost half an hour.

You probably did something wrong. If you're giving a gift with a url, make sure you unchecked "parse urls automatically", that tripped me up the first time.

I think the release of Revlations and 6 are only a month or two apart edit...on PC

Can't be certain, but regardless. Even releasing it at $50 for an HD 3DS game doesn't make any sense. They would have made much more by releasing at $25

Yeah, two months. And I agree, there was no reason it shouldn't have launched at 40 but oh well. Can only imagine they're satisfied with the sales and subsequently haven't dropped it further.

RE6 is a much better game than Revelations as well, suppose they thought they could capitalize on the absurd buzz that Revelations is a return to the original series atmosphere(it isn't).

I'm not feeling any of the deals today. Maybe Battlefield 2 but thats a stretch.

I'm waiting for Borderlands 2 to be $5 before I grab it. The DLC makes the game not worth buying even at $10. So winter sales it is for me.

Hope the Flash and Daily sales have something for me through the day.

yami4ct

You guys all bought tomb raider right? if not there is something deeply wrong with you

I haven't yet. Been trying to keep a strict budget this steam sale and not buy anything over $10.

That being said, sell me on it. Why should I care? It looks neat, but nothing I've seen really grabbed me that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom