• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I feel obligated to give something back now here's Tomb Raider Anniverary:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-097162860E2FB7FC - Taken by PepperJack

Hmm I dont know remember making it a mystery game. It's Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
RE6 sold very well, Capcom just had absurd expectations for everything much like Square Enix.

Not relative to the cost due to the amount of people that apparently worked on it.

/I played through the game when I was watching my nephews. So I'm not mad that I can't repurchase it on steam for a small amount.
Okay I might actually want to do that last part.

I haven't yet. Been trying to keep a strict budget this steam sale and not buy anything over $10.

That being said, sell me on it. Why should I care? It looks neat, but nothing I've seen really grabbed me that much.

It's an excellent reboot.
Graphics are insane.
Gameplay is fresh, but it is designed to appeal to mainstream. Still I found it to be good.
Story is good.

It's a new game, and it's marked off significantly. Also, it's a long game, coming in at around 15 hours, so it's worth it.

ModBot said:

I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Maw #3 -- MB-F560EA7CD5CC1209 - Taken by Oreoleo
The Maw #2 -- MB-E003A0A5DA2E7440 - Taken by Fatal Futanari
Ticket To Ride -- MB-03FF1C23A21420CF - Taken by Firehead
FTL #2 -- MB-3421D7F02A9477FB - Taken by Aitor
Ticket To Ride #2 -- MB-3F8031CEFE1AEF73 - Taken by PriitV
FTL -- MB-CDE98CEF5E6494F9 - Taken by xDEKOIx
Ticket To Ride #3 -- MB-CAC205F14AE47D6C - Taken by m.gorecki
The Maw -- MB-A7A4822C32B792AC - Taken by Divius

Enjoy.

For the strategy fans...

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Victoria II -- MB-C0FE09033F3F12E3 - Taken by Mildudon

I've recently started participating in selling Steam trading cards on the market and have made $3 during my holiday in England, visiting my family. However, I only discovered when I wanted to spend my dollars on FTL that my wallet currency of Canadian dollars can't be spent in the English Steam store.

To make matters even worse, I've discovered that the £20 GAME card that I bought can't be used without converting it into dollars, yet again making them unusable.

Would Steam have an issue with me creating an account to spend my £20 GAME Steam card on? Or would it be suspended for trading too much?

antitrop

I haven't yet. Been trying to keep a strict budget this steam sale and not buy anything over $10.

That being said, sell me on it. Why should I care? It looks neat, but nothing I've seen really grabbed me that much.
If Tomb Raider doesn't already look interesting to you, you'll probably hate it.

I thought it's one of the better games I've played in the last few years.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Graphics are insane.
Gameplay is fresh, but it is designed to appeal to mainstream. Still I found it to be good.
Story is good.

It's a new game, and it's marked off significantly. Also, it's a long game, coming in at around 15 hours, so it's worth it.

I want to explore tombs in Tomb Raider. Not play a bad Uncharted clone.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Shiiiizzz, lookat all these giveaways!!!

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Tomb Raider Anniversary -- MB-1702A4D8EEE4A9FA - Taken by Kaizen

MonkeyDot

Banned
Graphics are insane.
Story is good.

"graphics are insane"? what?

Sini

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Frozen Synapse -- MB-1675D49C5AEE337C - Taken by SinineSiil
The first game I took.
I thanked the generous giver already on Steam, but I'll thank him in this thread as well.
Thanks again!

Vecks

Trying this out.
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Tomb Raider 1 -- MB-363AB54CBCFAC4F7 - Taken by Whools

Prophane33

I'm super curious to see what the card market is going to look like in a couple days and immediately after the sale. Just today some cards have gone down in price by a lot.

smr00

Banned
dzVuvBB.png
My wallet isn't the only thing that is going to hate me by the time this sale is over.

yami4ct

If Tomb Raider doesn't already look interesting to you, you'll probably hate it.

I thought it's one of the best games I've played in years.

I don't think I'd really hate it. Nothing I've seen really looks like it has any of the things that make me really hate a game. I just haven't seen much that told me it's worth my time.

I've got some extra steam bucks to spend thanks to selling some cards, maybe I'll give it a go.

There are special tombs for exploring. A lot of them.

Naw, there isnt ALOT of them. While I did find the game enjoyable, towards the end I was saying "When is this game going to end?!" I also feel that they didn't go indepth with those samurai warriors as much as they cool. Overall the game felt incomplete to me. However, I did enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom