• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

My best is two days so far, so I'm not very good yet.

But it's crazy cool to discover new things.

I had a really good run of 10 days a couple times in and it took forever to get back to that level. Now I pretty easily can get around 8-10, but I've had a lot of trouble getting farther. Once you start getting low on health, it can be hard to recover. Either have to hunt spiders and hope to not die in hopes of crafting glands into salves or try to eat a bunch of flowers and other health items.

Polk

I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-2B1ED526471AE782
Dynamite Jack -- MB-95B9F40412AFF5FA - Taken by Crayons
red faction guerrilla -- MB-9B5D9422D8640E16 - Taken by ChaoticPotion
Splice -- MB-8D4F8806EB8E2BD8
Superbrothers S&S EP -- MB-C4194643F50D213A - Taken by ElFly
Beat Hazard Ultra -- MB-BE2B3247576E725B - Taken by wakajawaka
Nightsky -- MB-4551FC774582BA38 - Taken by trailmix16
Solar 2 -- MB-E11426B7A29BCDB3 - Taken by liezryou

Gbraga

I've been playing Van Helsing for a while, and I really recommend it if it drops deently during the sale, very nice game.

Miker

Just RE6 for me this sale so far, and only RE6 if I can help it. Tomb Raider is the other game I'm interested in, but I can wait.

Alright guys, since I've won 3 great games from ModBot so far I'm feeling like giving even more back. I've gone through my Humble Bundle catalog and obtained all unused keys that I could find. Here's my attempt at entering the giver's top 10, if only for a few hours of glory.
KuGsj.gif

Thanks again to all givers, this community is the best! Enjoy the keys!

Thanks for HIB 3, only one I missed out on :).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How long IS the Witcher 1? Ah well, I'll have it foreverrrrrrr.

You'll get a lot of different answers as it depends on how much content one opts to partake in. Myself, I'm a side-quest junkie, so I wrangled ~75 hours out of The Witcher EE and ~55 hours out of The Witcher 2 (pre-EE).

So Universe Sandbox or Antichamber? (Already have Incredipede)

I played the early concept demo for Antichamber and it was an absolute mindfuck

How is Universe Sandbox?

I know people are reluctant to leave thread because of giveaways, but just wanted to show off Tomb Raider for all it's glory.

screenshot55970vs9a.png

You need to buy this.

Alright guys, since I've won 3 great games from ModBot so far I'm feeling like giving even more back. I've gone through my Humble Bundle catalog and obtained all unused keys that I could find. Here's my attempt at entering the giver's top 10, if only for a few hours of glory.
KuGsj.gif

Thanks again to all givers, this community is the best!
3AQmK.gif
Enjoy the keys!

Thank you for Machinarium

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just RE6 for me this sale so far, and only RE6 if I can help it. Tomb Raider is the other game I'm interested in, but I can wait.

I'm tempted by RE6 due to the cards, but I played through the PS3 version with a mate a few months ago, so I think I'll wait for it to go down to ~$15.

You'll get a lot of different answers as it depends on how much content one opts to do. Myself, I'm a side-quest junkie, so I wrangled ~75 hours out of The Witcher EE and ~55 hours out of The Witcher 2 (pre-EE).

Man, I did every sidequest and still beat the Witcher 2 at around 30 hours and that was with gawking! Not quite as strange as the people who take 40 hours to beat The Last of Us though.

Mildudon

Brains

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Walking Dead -- MB-9E0FA872706F8E46 - Taken by Deadbeat

Xanathus

RE6 is soooooo tempting but it's practically guaranteed to go lower by the next sale and none of my mates want to get it for that price. Shame.

Milamber

I know people are reluctant to leave thread because of giveaways, but just wanted to show off Tomb Raider for all it's glory.

[URL="http://www.abload.de/img/screenshot55970vs9a.png"]http://www.abload.de/img/screenshot55970vs9a.png[/URL][img]

You need to buy this.[/QUOTE]

Those are 2 very nice reasons

Sianos

I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-2B1ED526471AE782
Dynamite Jack -- MB-95B9F40412AFF5FA
red faction guerrilla -- MB-9B5D9422D8640E16 - Taken by ChaoticPotion
Splice -- MB-8D4F8806EB8E2BD8
Superbrothers S&S EP -- MB-C4194643F50D213A
Beat Hazard Ultra -- MB-BE2B3247576E725B - Taken by wakajawaka
Nightsky -- MB-4551FC774582BA38
Solar 2 -- MB-E11426B7A29BCDB3

Are you, THE POLK? Are you trying to boost stats even in giveaways!?!?!

[/ugc humor]

Nice giveaway :D

You'll get a lot of different answers as it depends on how much content one opts to do. Myself, I'm a side-quest junkie, so I wrangled ~75 hours out of The Witcher EE and ~55 hours out of The Witcher 2 (pre-EE).

Sounds more apt to what I'll get out of it, I'm a master Slowpoke who devises his own timewastes. I finished Etrian Odyssey 4 at the level cap before hitting the fifth labrynth, and I didn't even feel like I was grinding.

Crayons

Banned

Thank you for Dynamite Jack!

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Do you actually know that? Is there a detailed breakdown of how much work which teams did and so on? Still, saying the game got low sales is absurd.

More of a casual extrapolation from the revealed team numbers and the sharp downturn in net profits relative to increased sales during that period of Capcom's numbers.

If I was more interested I could scrounge around to find some more concrete numbers, but I'm done caring about the series if all they're going to do is release third person shooters.

There are special tombs for exploring. A lot of them.

lol, I watched my friend play a few. No.

I would rather replay Tomb Raider than finish Uncharted 2.

Don't bother. It ends just like the first one did. I struggled to finish it. That being said, your comparison isn't really a glowing review. Being more interesting than a disappointment isn't an achievement or proof of a good game.

------------------------------------------------

Sorry for being so negative everyone, I didn't intend to bring the atmosphere down when I first posted. I'll try to post about more positive things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom