• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Back from dinner.

This was such a good-kind-awesome Giveway fellow GAFfer!

Hope that the winner enjoy that!

Least I could do.

VsrPP2H.jpg

jtb

Banned
the witcher 1's combat works just fine. it's different... not horrid. One is more RPG-y to two's action-y system. It just takes a lot longer to get used to compared to most games because it's neither pause/turn based nor is it a more traditional action system.

yami4ct

can't decide between this and borderlands 2

I really, really didn't like BL2. Gameplay was better than 1, but the writing was way worse and it feels like the game lost its charm. I wouldn't really recommend buying that game, personally. Just don't think its worth the time.

jamsy

Hmm, thinking about pulling the trigger on Fez...looks interesting.

For those that have played it, how long is this game?

Kinyou

Has someone emailed valve about Tomb Raider Anniversary being 17,50€ in some stores? It's ridiculous that it's more expensive than the 2013 one.

Getting a foil card is the best feeling ever. I was just playing Sleeping Dogs and when I got done I checked my inventory and a shiny foil Lotus card was waiting for me. I look on the market and the card runs for $2, man that is so awesome.

Sianos

Oh no, I'm almost 4/10s of the way through my budget and we're only 3/10s of the way through the sale! Oh noooooo- oh wait I already have most of my must haves, yayyyyyyy buying cheap indie games.

Nevermind. No point :D

And I personally haven't finished Tomb Raider yet, it's kind of fun but it doesn't do set pieces as well as Uncharted and the more open world esqe elements don't come out in place during the actual combat which often doesn't give access to the climbable objects. Plus the collectathon stuff which is even more boring than AC3 but it doesn't really bother me.

The thing that does bother me are the kind half assed tombs. All of the ones I've played so far are literally one room puzzles that take a few minutes to complete. Really disappointing, even putting aside the fact they're called hidden yet you get notified every time you're near one.

Dambrosi

Banned
I will take care of that for you. Done, the key you claimed is deleted. Of course I'd note you previously claimed Morrowind and Oil Rush, so any giveaway that disqualifies you would still disqualify you.
Hmm, well, since the "anonymous benefactor" actually helped me out with a working key, I'd say that's more than fair enough. In fact, I think it's high time I gave something back to the community!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

La Mulana -- MB-299CDD7C8B53DAE4 - Taken by eyeless
Velvet Assassin -- MB-F30B219EFB88B9D9 - Taken by Sdawg36
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-DE6FB8F0C90BD5FB - Taken by Kifimbo
Xeno Clash -- MB-F3158B2C020DDEDF - Taken by Tactics

Have fun, everyone!

73V3N

Banned
Getting a foil card is the best feeling ever. I was just playing Sleeping Dogs and when I got done I checked my inventory and a shiny foil Lotus card was waiting for me. I look on the market and the card runs for $2, man that is so awesome.

I felt like that when I got mine too.
then I set it 0.01 lower than the lowest and no one buy it, now I check again and it went even lower.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has someone emailed valve about Tomb Raider Anniversary being 17,50€ in some stores? It's ridiculous that it's more expensive than the 2013 one.

Valve doesn't set the prices of third-party games, and it's 17.50 Eurobucks because it's only available as part of the Tomb Raider Collection.

Munin

Tomb Raider 2013 is a braindead piece of shit game, hated it. I find it offensive in its dumbness.

"Hidden tomb nearby", says it all really.

MrGerbils

Is the new Tomb Raider totally linear like Uncharted, or does it have a little bit of exploration and such? (I'm assuming its not totally open world style..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom