• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acccent

In case anyone cares the Tomb Raider I mistakenly bought earlier got refunded :) thanks you merciful gaben, I take back my earlier harsh words.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So I can't use Paypal at the moment, and I want to buy something from Dunder. If you would like to help me out with this usually request/help, PM me please.

StevieP

Banned
Honestly looking at today's sales, I can't see why anyone would relegate themselves to console only. I just bought 3 "aaa" games for less than 20 bucks. And they're not that old.

I think my new personal rule is to give a game out whenever I win a game on ModBot :p.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cave Story Plus -- MB-B7F18F159DD6347C - Taken by Esqueleto

Prophane33

Honestly looking at today's sales, I can't see why anyone would relegate themselves to console only. I just bought 3 "aaa" games for less than 20 bucks. And they're not that old.

A lot of people are scared by PC gaming misinformation and outdated notions.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
FTL IS SO HARD!

ffs I can't believe this shit, its so random even on easy I get killed at sector 2. What to do??

Someone post the picture.

The trick is to pause a lot and plan what to do. I got to the final stage with the engi ship by putting a lot into the engines and shields early on too.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my goodness, there are total conversion mods for FTL?

Welp. Say goodbye to even more of my time...

I need to get the rest of my card drops anyways.

I bought it because it was too cheap for me to regret it.

Steamnesia

forget-me-now_1.jpg

Kinyou

FTL IS SO HARD!

ffs I can't believe this shit, its so random even on easy I get killed at sector 2. What to do??
Hehe, I have 26 hours logged and never survived until the end. I might be able to if I'd switch to easy but my pride keeps me from doing so.

Dr.Acula

Banned

None of those games was a CoD I can say with certainty.

Drop those prices!!

derExperte

Velvet Assassin is $1.24, can anyone recommend it for that price?

I wrote this last week:

No, you need an extremely high tolerance for jank and bad gameplay. Which I sometimes have so I didn't regret the 1.24€ I payed on Steam, the interesting setting sometimes makes you forget how terrible it plays but no, not good at all.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
A lot of people are scared by PC gaming misinformation and outdated notions.

Getting a good gaming PC computer is pricy as well though, and it often takes a lot more tweaking to get stuff going correctly.

Some people don't want to spend any time tweaking. You don't have to often, but for some people a game not working once is 1 time too many when on consoles it would just be put in the disk and go.

A worse visual experience is worth it to some people to not have to deal with the hassle of a game that doesn't work because of some weird obscure reason.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Ok, Don't Starve is fucking fantastic and I suck at it. Wow, I love this game.

Pulled the trigger on Borderlands 2 plus the season pass. Never played, but I like FPS and I like loot quests, so it should be a winner.

Now I just need Steam friends :(

Esqueleto

Banned
Had this sitting there for a while. Also thanks for cave story Magicman!
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Terraria -- MB-8F7F2730E46D7837 - Taken by nacimento

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
can someone explain how i can claim gifts? like do i put the code in the body or the title?

Please read the instructions.

"To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM. "

with any subject line: This means that you can use any subject line.
copy the key line below into the body of the PM.: This means you copy the line with the key in it into the body of the PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom