• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
But is it possible? It looks like it has controls straight out of octodad. Are there actual objectives or is it just fucking up a patient?

You can complete levels by doing the transplants and you get better ratings based on how quickly you do it and how little blood is lost.

Crayons

Banned
Everytime I try to post on GAF, XCOM keeps calling me and telling me to play it. I can't resist XCOM or these game sales. I think I have a problem.

Wait a second...you're telling me that you PLAY the games you buy?

AiU0fZL.png

A lot of people are scared by PC gaming misinformation and outdated notions.

As a recent convert to pc gaming I have to admit that there certainly was an element of that in my reticence to game on pc. The fact that I didn't have a pc on which to do so was overwhelmingly the reason why though!

No.

Unrelated, you left your bathroom light on.

Beautiful response just lovely :D.

Getting a good gaming PC computer is pricy as well though, and it often takes a lot more tweaking to get stuff going correctly.

Some people don't want to spend any time tweaking. You don't have to often, but for some people a game not working once is 1 time too many when on consoles it would just be put in the disk and go.

A worse visual experience is worth it to some people to not have to deal with the hassle of a game that doesn't work because of some weird obscure reason.

Yes well there's that as well!

Karu

- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.!
Ah, so, since I have not enough posts, but send a PM nonetheless I'll be blacklisted now? Only for Esqueleto or in general?! :-/

dot

I WON my copy of Bad Rats like a MAN, probably by writing EROTIC FAN FICTION, if my memory serves me correct.

This was totally 5 pages ago but how do you still have that picture? XD

I don't think it was erotic fan fiction, no.

Or maybe it was.

StevieP

Banned
Getting a good gaming PC computer is pricy as well though, and it often takes a lot more tweaking to get stuff going correctly.

Some people don't want to spend any time tweaking. You don't have to often, but for some people a game not working once is 1 time too many when on consoles it would just be put in the disk and go.

A worse visual experience is worth it to some people to not have to deal with the hassle of a game that doesn't work because of some weird obscure reason.

"Put in the disc and go" in regards to the newer consoles is just as outdated a notion as many of the misconceptions regarding PC gaming still making the rounds.

Berek

Neo Member

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Either-or is fine but the instructions are to copy the full line so that someone doesn't bungle the code and then get mad that they couldn't read instructions.

Mupod

"Put in the disc and go" in regards to the newer consoles is just as outdated a notion as many of the misconceptions regarding PC gaming still making the rounds.

yeah it's kinda crazy that steam keeps all my games up to date, but whenever I want to play a 360 game I spend 20 minutes to update my console, install the game, update the game, sit through a bunch of splash screens, etc. Although the installation thing is a personal preference.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
1AS71zD.png

Game #6: In honor of me finally getting The Witcher II, I've decided to do a giveaway to GAF!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-175786EB8A9C26F8 - Taken by IcyRhythms

Asked this previously in the thread:

My steam wallet is still in Canadian dollars despite going on holiday to England, I can't buy anything in dollars and I bought a £20 Steam card that I can't add to my account without also turning it into dollars.

Anyway, would Steam ban me if I used a Canadian VPN to be able to purchase games?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Asked this previously in the thread:

My steam wallet is still in dollars despite going on holiday to England, I can't buy anything in dollars and I bought a £20 Steam card that I can't add to my account without also turning it into dollars.

Anyway, would Steam ban me if I used a Canadian VPN to be able to purchase games?

There's no good way to solve it from where you are right now. Your best bet would have been to contact them in advance to let them know. You can contact support now but it may take a few days to work it out. And unfortunately while they likely wouldn't ban you for using a Canadian VPN, why would you take the chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom