• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
guess I might grab universe sandbox
Ditto

So it's just slamming planets together and fucking around with gravity? How close can you zoom onto planets? (Like to see the effects of impacts and collisions)

I love sandbox and physics simulator games but that just sounds kind of boring

Sullichin

It's Bioshock 2 and you're on a Gaming forum. Everyone has about 2 extra copies they don't want. Just ask someone.

Well sure I'll take a copy if someone's giving them away! I already beat it on PS3, so never bought it on sale on Steam, but I'm interested in playing it again now after revisiting Bioshock 1 after Infinite and hoping that Minerva's Den will come to Steam now.

BasilZero

So far I've gotten

Half-Life Complete (75% from midweek madness)
Counter-Strike Complete (75% from Midweek Madness)
Borderlands GOTY (75% off)
Ys I & II Chronicles+ (66% off)
Just Cause 2 (80% off)
The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut (75% off)
Just Cause (80% off)

All Daily/Flash sales - Spent less than 40 bucks so far.

Will be buying just two more games: Worms Armageddon and The Last Remnant when they go daily/flash.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
At stage 10 of Hotline Miami

My eyes need some rest.

This game is something else though, absolutely brilliant.

One of the last bosses made me want to kick a dog. It was that frustrating. But yes, it is an amazingly awesome game.

Bizzity

So far I've gotten

Just Cause 2 (80% off)
Just Cause (80% off)

Will be buying just two more games: Worms Armageddon and The Last Remnant when they go daily/flash.

I can't imagine The Last Remnant going daily/flash when it's so cheap already?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
A wise man once told me that if we collect all the Rocks we found on the ground we could, one day, build a Castle with all of them.

Sometimes I think that we, as a Community can become much more powerful when united. I believe that we have the best members on any Website or Message Board ever known simply because no matter how different we are, we share the same love for Games.

That is what makes me proud. All of you, fellow GAFfers.

qEai8pH.jpg

There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.
a bit late, but this gave feels.

<3

(also, I can't keep up with this thread :( ... oh well, new deals in a few mins! :D )

Every game I vote for in the community vote always ends up coming in last place. I don't know what Incredipede is, but at a $2 price I wouldn't mind checking it out.

Yuterald

Anyone can tell me how's RPG Maker?

I love RPG Maker. I've been making a game with my brother for over a year now. You've got to be pretty dedicated if you want to actually produce something though. It's fun to throw ideas around and create a few maps/events here and there, but when you get down to creating a database, making events, scripting a game, and balancing everything, it's quite overwhelming. I couldn't imagine seriously making something on my own. Fortunately, my brother and I are good at doing different things so I work on one side and he takes care of another side of development. It's a really user friendly tool set too, if you sit down with it and take the time to learn the program that is

3phemeral

I love RPG Maker. I've been making a game with my brother for over a year now. You've got to be pretty dedicated if you want to actually produce something though. It's fun to throw ideas around and create a few maps/events here and there, but when you get down to creating a database, making events, scripting a game, and balancing everything, it's quite overwhelming. I couldn't image seriously making something on my own. Fortunately, my brother and I are good at doing different things so I work on one side and he takes care of another side of development. It's a really user friendly tool set too once, if you sit down with it and take the time to learn the program that is

Are the DLC packs worth it? it's almost 50 bucks alone.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Bioshock 1 is better in every aspect except the combat, wich is vastly better in 2. Both are great games and worth playing. Minerva's Den for BioShock 2 is one of the best pieces of DLC ever made.

I'd say buy both if possible, and wait on the DLC since it's only avaiable in GFWL at the moment, but Steam achievements have popped up for it, meaning they might get smart and start selling it on Steam.

Hmm, I guess I'll wait until one of them is cheaper. Will they be cheaper during the summer sale?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
do not listen to this man

unless it's advice on having terrible opinions

Bioshock 1 is a terrible game. Just godawful. The 'atmosphere' gets old after about a half and hour, and then the player is left alone with only the abysmal gameplay mechanics.

xBlain

So far I've gotten

Just Cause 2 (80% off)
Just Cause (80% off)

Also hoping for The Last Remnant to go daily/flash :(

Whools

Hmm, I guess I'll wait until one of them is cheaper. Will they be cheaper during the summer sale?

they all ready were unfortunately, maybe they will be again. They go on sale often enough anyway, there's apparently an amazon deal to get both for dirt cheap, might want to look it up

Mugatu

I have a gift in my steam inventory. How do I extract the steam code so I can give it to the modbot?

Send it as an e-mail gift to yourself and then use the URL it sends you (cutting off everything after the ? ) and paste that into modbot where the key would go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom