• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Will they be cheaper during the summer sale?

irj2c2ZdMgbqu.gif

Bioshock 1 is a terrible game. Just godawful. The 'atmosphere' gets old after about a half and hour, and then the player is left with the abysmal gameplay mechanics.

That's harsh. I felt done with Rapture after Bioshock 1 so while Bioshock 2 was good it all felt "been there done that". Infinite is superior to them both.

Yuterald

Are the DLC packs worth it? it's almost 50 bucks alone.

Depends on the kind of game you're looking to make. Most people would say to just pirate those packs or download other people's custom tile sets/graphical assets, but if you want to support the game/scene legit then it all depends on what you're looking to create. We're personally not interested in any of those DLC packs. In fact, my brother and I are trying to make the most out of the run time package (RTP) which is basically what the game has available from the start.

New deals:

- Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
- Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4
- Lords of Football
- I Am Alive

Edit: Badly beaten.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
That's harsh. I felt done with Rapture after Bioshock 1 so while Bioshock 2 was good it all felt "been there done that". Infinite is superior to them both.

It's the truth. The stylized world is amusing at first. But then it just repeats endlessly for the remainder of the game. System Shock 2, it's predecessor, is superior to Bioshock 1 in every way. Especially the story.

Bioshock 2 has a very standard storyline, but the game mechanics are at least enjoyable.

Flash Deal

Rollercoaster Tycoon - 4.99
Lords of Football - 10.19
I Am Alive - 5.09
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4 - 2.49

OMG vote System Shock 2 you fools!!

3phemeral

Depends on the kind of game you're looking to make. Most people would say to just pirate those packs or download other people's custom tile sets/graphical assets, but if you want to support the game/scene legit then it all depends on what you're looking to create. We're personally not interested in any of those DLC packs. In fact, my brother and I are trying to make the most out of the run time package (RTP) which is basically what the game has available from the start.

Ah, thank you. I plan on making my own art anyway. The only problem would be making music.

Digoman

Sorry, I voted for System Shock 2. And going by my history of these votes (in this and the previous Steam sale), that means it won't win.

hom3land

So confused. bought chivalry 4 pack this morning. Go to install it..and there's not copy in my library (did "all games" and a search) did get the 3 gift copies though. When I go to my badges, it says I own it, when I click play, it goes to the store front ...

Is this issue common, with a known fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom