• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exeunt

Deus ex is one of my favorite games ever, will I like SS2? It looks kind of similar

I beat System Shock 2 earlier this year, and I'm playing Deus Ex now. System Shock 2 is more horror- than stealth-oriented, but the games feel like they could be from the same universe. You'll be exploring a lot in SS2 to find your way around, and you can upgrade your character like in Deus Ex. So I'd say it's worth a shot.

kuYuri

I meant to do this yesterday, but forgot. :p

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble Bundle 6 -- MB-28033E5BB35E5497 - Taken by Mugatu

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3!!

YES!

Copons

Never played SS2 cause I always thought it's too scary.

Like, for me HL series is scary as hell (but I love those games, so who cares if my girlfriend laugh at me when I jump on my chair cursing against the monitor).

On a scale from 0 to HL, where would you put SS2?

(Also, I already voted it because, fuck it, I can't stand Baldur's Gate and Grimrock is way overrated...)

Yuterald

Ah, thank you. I plan on making my own art anyway. The only problem would be making music.

Yeah, my bro and I would love for someone to create unique sprites for our characters and enemies, at least. But we're not at the point where we want to start outsourcing for some additional help. Music is a tough one too. We can't technically sell our game because we're using music from particular real games that we love. I'd kill to find a composer who can create tracks like Hitoshi Sakimoto, but like that's ever going to happen!

Salsa

Bioshock 1 is a terrible game. Just godawful. The 'atmosphere' gets old after about a half and hour, and then the player is left alone with only the abysmal gameplay mechanics.

tumblr_lt6g63EbHo1r3a9fdo1_500.gif

Torraz

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Elite Sniper: Zombie Nazi -- MB-C4D7F6A192502C84 - Taken by Kifimbo

jtb

Banned
what exactly is changed in Baldur's Gate EE? And, more importantly, hasn't it already been pulled in all the other stores? I'd be pretty wary about getting it (especially when the vanilla original goes for much cheaper on GOG and plays perfectly well on its own) or voting for it.

I am alive is ... well it isn't really good. But it is almost really good. Maybe not so much after playing the last of us...but it is a good warm up.

Recommended.

Everybody should vote for and own SS2.

I beat System Shock 2 earlier this year, and I'm playing Deus Ex now. System Shock 2 is more horror- than stealth-oriented, but the games feel like they could be from the same universe. You'll be exploring a lot in SS2 to find your way around, and you can upgrade your character like in Deus Ex. So I'd say it's worth a shot.

sounds great I'll give it shot, thanks

Hows the Mars game? Competent RPG? The premise is cool.

(love that lady's accent in the game video on steam)

-------

Voted for SS2 for the next deal.

KPJZKC

Voted Grimrock, because

a) You should all have SS2 on GOG already
and
b) Grimrock sales support a dev, which is pretty unlikely with SS2 at this point.

BasilZero

Holy smokes!

System Shock 2 - VOTE VOTE VOTE!

(Voted - wasnt planning to get it but if its on community choice, will n__n).

I would buy Precipice of Darkness 4 but I already have the first three games and haven't played any of them :/

Edit: Holy crap, this one has cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom