• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had SS2 aged well? Me and older games don't always mix.

But I did enjoy the Bioshock games and like survival sci-fi horror

Also, any graphic mods?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
they all ready were unfortunately, maybe they will be again. They go on sale often enough anyway, there's apparently an amazon deal to get both for dirt cheap, might want to look it up

Hm, I looked it up. 5 bucks for both games seems like a great deal, but I only have jsut over 2 dollars to spend. Too bad this isn't Steam where I can just sell a bunch of cards.

Oh well maybe there'll be a massive discount soon.

Believe.

Oh, and if anyone wants to get Bioshock 1+2 for 5 bucks, here's the deal on amazon.

3phemeral

Yeah, my bro and I would love for someone to create unique sprites for our characters and enemies, at least. But we're not at the point where we want to start outsourcing for some additional help. Music is a tough one too. We can't technically sell our game because we're using music from particular real games that we love. I'd kill to find a composer who can create tracks like Hitoshi Sakimoto, but like that's ever going to happen!

Unfortunately I don't have anyone like a brother to help out or someone close. Especially since it's more of a hobby/tinkering experiment that I have random gaps of time to devote to.

chronomac

I'll ask again:
This might be a stupid question but the Steam version of System Shock 2 is moddable, right? Because that's what I voted for.
And what are the best mods? I know people use a couple for a visual upgrade.

Can I get a refund if a game is simply not working? I bought like 10 games, including Stranger's Wrath and the thing does not run. I don't know a lot about Steam so sorry if the question is kinda silly.

oipic

If anything has become clear since this whole voting thing came to be, it's that it doesn't matter at all what you vote for, dear people of SteamGAF.

SS2 is still the correct answer, though.

FB15B73EEFB9C43B750EC964EA9F0D9F6213F519

I Am Alive has a color mod if you're into that kind of thing.

Crayons

Banned
Baldur's Gate is better on GOG
It was $5 two weeks ago or so, but now it's $10. I still think it's a better deal than Enhanced Edition because it includes these:

2 manuals (125 pages)
5 HD wallpapers
2 maps
soundtrack
5 avatars
47 artworks
2 reference cards

Not to mention it's compatible with all the original mods made for the game.

I remember searching ebay for copies of system shock 2 for $$$ and hoping I might get it to run and now, in just hours, it could be easily available to 5 million steam users for $2.50.

That is such a beautiful, wonderful thing.

I'm gonna have to break my rule of don't buy stuff I already own on GoG if System Shock 2 wins. I can see those three being a really close tie.

SlickVic

God damn, can't believe I'm tempted on RE6. Mercenaries mode is always a good time even if the campaign is less that stellar, but I know this is gonna drop some more in price before I get around to playing it.

Crayons

Banned
I'm gonna have to break my rule of don't buy stuff I already own on GoG if System Shock 2 wins. I can see those three being a really close tie.

At least you'll never be as bad as me.

I bought Arma 2: CO on Amazon, GOG, and Steam.
I've played it for about an hour.

Thought about Endless Space?

Was pretty bare bones at launch, since then has improved a lot.

It is still a long way behind Gal Civ 2 for me and probably will never get there. On the other hand it is extremely well designed, especially with the interface.

It is worth trying.

Bizzity

I had some syntax errors and was starting to think I angered the great Modbot. I found them and resolved them though. So here's some items that have been sitting in my steam inventory since Christmas sale of 2011. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SEGA Genesis Classics Collection -- MB-B05DC63E2096F47E - Taken by thecjm
Jamestown Deluxe Pack -- MB-1E6F523FE28E4DA8 - Taken by Oldschoolgamer

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for SEGA Genesis Classics Collection was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Jamestown Deluxe Pack was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Turfster

Had SS2 aged well? Me and older games don't always mix.

But I did enjoy the Bioshock games and like survival sci-fi horror

Also, any graphic mods?

SS1, no.
SS2, yes.
I can't speak for graphic mods, but I know they're out there. Just don't get the ones that turn the enemies into supermodels =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom