• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickVic

Is it necessary to play SS1 before SS2 in order to follow the story? I already voted for SS2, but just curious since I do want to play it at some point.

ZenaxPure

This thread got reallllll weird while I was off actually playing video games. But yeah, totally voted SS2, been wanting it for a long time. Lettuce hope it wins.

i'm familiar with the vanilla game's color palette i was just hoping for side-by-side screens to help make my decision whether to use the mod

This isn't EXACTLY the same but it's closer:

original.jpg

Dark3DPV.jpg

Here's a link to the mod discussion with a link to it too: http://steamcommunity.com/app/214250/discussions/0/864945865138023200/#p2

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Dark Souls lost to Hitman which shows that Steam users have questionable taste. I wouldn't be surprised if the hack job known as Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition won.

So I take it the new character isn't all that great?

Is System Shock 2 or Bioshock better? I might get it since Bioshock isn't discounted by much atm.

Bioshock 1 is a pale imitation cowering in the shadow of System Shock 2.

Salsa

idk about that color mod. It's like a color mod into Fallout 3. The super dry aesthetic is meant to better reflct the dire situation and all. I'd say keep the original color if you can stomach it.

antitrop

System Shock 2 fans are the worst, because they can never talk about how great SS2 is without shitting all over Bioshock in the process. It's absolutely insufferable.

Salsa

System Shock 2 fans are the worst, because they can never talk about how great SS2 is without shitting all over Bioshock in the process. It's absolutely insufferable.

you cray, System shock 2 is amazing and I still have my mint physical copy since day 1 and I love Bioshock 1.

masterkajo

So I am off to bed soonish. Hope when I wake up that System Shock 2 has won. This would give me another Summer Sale Getaway card which means its about €0.25 cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom