• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #2 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Here is a list of good games currently under $2 with varying levels of value:

Wizorb, Roogoo, Cthulhu Saves the World, Breath of Death VII, Toki Tori, Droplitz, Tidalis, Overlord, Magical Drop V, Dungeons of Dredmor, Ghost Master, Blocks That Matter, Delve Deeper, Greed: Black Border, Space Trader: Merchant Marine, Critter Crunch, Noitu Love 2: Devolution, Puzzle Kingdoms, Demolition Inc, Patrician III, Tomb Raider: Legend, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Strike Suit Infinity, Auditorium, Shattered Haven, Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Shatter, Rock of Ages, Space Pirates and Zombies, GundeadliGne, Sequence, Turba, Magnetis, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith, Gyromancer, Yosumin!

Investigate. Though seriously, Critter Crunch.

Need to know this as well!

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3?

If you played 2, stick with 2 because 2 is much better. 3 tries to modernise the series but in the process removes a lot of what made the previous games great.

As for SS1? It was a really good game, but it was old and janky when it came out... and it came out a long, long time ago. SS2 simply stands up a lot better, despite itself having a few simplifications (mostly for the better).

As for bioshock vs ss2? They are two completely different games so it isn't fair to compare them. Basically SS2 is a good one.

Exeunt

Never played SS2 cause I always thought it's too scary.

Like, for me HL series is scary as hell (but I love those games, so who cares if my girlfriend laugh at me when I jump on my chair cursing against the monitor).

On a scale from 0 to HL, where would you put SS2?

(Also, I already voted it because, fuck it, I can't stand Baldur's Gate and Grimrock is way overrated...)

Half-Life 3

I haven't played Half-Life yet, but I thought SS2 was pretty scary!

sounds great I'll give it shot, thanks

I hope you enjoy it!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Dark Souls lost to Hitman which shows that Steam users have questionable taste. I wouldn't be surprised if the hack job known as Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition won.
Dark Souls, like all GFWL games, isn't available in a lot of regions so it didn't show up for voting for a lot of people.

How is it? I only ever played 1 and 2 (And loved them)
Same, will let you after it finishes downloading :p

73V3N

Banned
I'm just gonna throw this out there now since I might not be here in the next hour, but Rogue Legacy goes to post #5000.

I will probably be sleeping when that happens :(

now that I talk about sleeping, how much do those community choice deals last?

I hope I won't be sleeping when System Shock 2 is $2.5.

xptoxyz

8 hours after they go up I think. I think it's probable that all games up for a vote will show up as another kind of sale until the end though.

masterkajo

Or Steam users don't want shitty ports and GFWL?

With the Durante fix the game runs actually pretty well. GFWL is a bad thing for sure but what can you do? And Dark Souls 2 apparently has already dropped it so it shouldn't stop you from enjoying an awesome game.

I hate the first come first serve nature of Modbot

I am eagerly awaiting ModBots upgrade when he can accept several people's request of a game and then chooses one at random/using various rules and restrictions etc. This way you don't have to be so fast and the very first to win.

FACE

Banned
System Shock 2 fans are the worst, because they can never talk about how great SS2 is without shitting all over Bioshock in the process. It's absolutely insufferable.

Maybe if Ken Levine didn't hype Bioshock as SS2's successor you wouldn't see so many comparisons.

Nabs

Dark Souls lost to Hitman which shows that Steam users have questionable taste. I wouldn't be surprised if the hack job known as Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition won.

Well, Dark Souls was just on sale a few hours before. It's also GFWL so a good portion of people couldn't even vote for it (right?).
idk about that color mod. It's like a color mod into Fallout 3. The super dry aesthetic is meant to better reflct the dire situation and all. I'd say keep the original color if you can stomach it.

Yeah, I agree. The color mod doesn't fit the game, but it's your body and you're allowed to do whatever you want.

Exeunt

Flash deals and community choice picks are both on the same schedule, lasting 8 hours each.

For those looking at Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, know that it's a poorly optimized game. I have lots of nostalgia for it, but there's no denying that it stutters a lot when the park is very developed.

Prophane33

...and I'm back. Hope I didn't miss anything good. I see Universe Sandbox one. I voted for Grimrock this time, because everyone should play it.

Card Boy

Banned
With the Durante fix the game runs actually pretty well. GFWL is a bad thing for sure but what can you do? And Dark Souls 2 apparently has already dropped it so it shouldn't stop you from enjoying an awesome game.

We can praise the Durante fix all we want but fact of the matter is it should of being updated into the base game officially by the devs for all users. Shit port is still a shit port.

eyeless

TheContact

Hard to decide the next vote, they're all pretty good, especially Baldurs and System Shock. I'm probably going to vote Baldur's unless someone can convince me otherwise

EricB

This is a long shot, but does anyone have an extra Nights into Dreams key? Game isn't available on the Korean storefront for some reason. I'm in the States for the summer and thought I'd take the opportunity to buy the game using a Steam card, but Steam still refuses to sell the game to me even with everything in my account changed over to USA. PM me.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well I voted for baldurs gate already sorry (didn't know) but if ss2 wins I will buy I promise :)
too late you're already dead to me

This isn't EXACTLY the same but it's closer:

Here's a link to the mod discussion with a link to it too: http://steamcommunity.com/app/214250/discussions/0/864945865138023200/#p2
that's not as bad as I thought

usually ENB just looks oversaturated for me, this seems like in keeping with the original ideas, with a bit more color

still planning on doing a grey run and see how that feels first

masterkajo

Hard to decide the next vote, they're all pretty good, especially Baldurs and System Shock. I'm probably going to vote Baldur's unless someone can convince me otherwise

System Shock 2. Better game.

Baldur's Gate was on sale a week ago and the port is pretty buggy, AFAIK.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Has anyone had framerate issues on Surgeon Simulator? I know my laptop can run it at max, yet on anything but low, it stutters. Maybe it's not using my Nvidia GPU? Here's my setup:

i7 processor
Geforce 650M
8gb DDR3 RAM

Crayons

Banned

Baldur's Gate is better on GOG
It was $5 two weeks ago or so, but now it's $10. I still think it's a better deal than Enhanced Edition because it includes these:

Not to mention it's compatible with all the original mods made for the game.
System Shock 2 has never been under $5.
Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition is ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom