• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

chugen

ßthePenguin;70957136 said:
It is, indeed, the one and only trolololo-lion!

Trolololooooooooooo

MbjqCfH.gif

I hope that one day Steam give us the option what DLC install and what not, it could it added in the "You are about to Install (Game name here)" window... maybe someday!

Edwardo

What's this Reus game and should I buy it?

just quoting some stuff Toma said about it in an earlier post.

Toma said:
It seems to be a mixture between a god game,a puzzle game and some 4X elements thrown in (research, expansion, war). Not directly a puzzle game, but how you need to make sure that your village prospers with limited amount of space and within the scope of that, there seem to be tons of possibilities for different plants, animals, minerals, which all have a different symbiosis to something to enhance the effect, giving it a bit of a 4X touch as well. Example: Blueberries give you 4 food, but if you upgrade them to strawberries you get 8 food and if the strawberries are next to another patch of blueberries, they get an additional 2 food on top. All this helps developing your villages, which in turn is needed to advance the powers of your giants. Its really slick and charming and considering the surprising amount of variation and possibilities (100 plants), I can see myself playing this for a while. Its also suuuper cool to just watch people doing their thing. They really managed to give this game a special touch.
Toma said:
You just notice the love and passion the devs have for the game pouring out from every inch of your screen when playing it. The game is by no means perfect, but the only thing to be a truly perfect game right now is more content to serve more variation in gameplay mechanics. The before mentioned leviathans or weather system would enhance the game a great deal and this depends on how much development the sales of the game can finance.

It just comes together so nicely. The unique way of progress, the amazing amount of detail in possible plant/animal/mineral combinations, the interactions of the villagers, the art style, etc. I actually played quite a few games more than Reus, but its one of those games that I just want to see succeeding.

Toma said:
I can totally see how some people used to bigger games might not like it. Its not a game with lots of thrills and requires some patience and planning. I recommend reading some impressions over in the OT:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558684

The_Monk

Just a little more time before I can finally go to bed.

The only question is, will I leave happy or disappointed?

Let's just hope me and all of the fellow GAFfers won't be:

hG15aGk.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
New flash deal: Final Fantasy VII 50% off

since I bought it earlier today for 30% off

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom