• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Just done the first three levels in MotN.

This game is seriously good. I usually hate stealth games and feel cheated when I get caught most of the time. The mechanics here are seriously good, the level design is good, and the art style is brilliant. Plus the story is told through these cartoon type cutscenes which are beautiful. I'd highly highly recommend it, probably my favourite game I've picked up through the sale so far along with Sleeping Dogs.

I'm glad you are enjoying it fellow GAFfer. It pays to be patient and try to be stealth indeed. To me, it also made the game more fun. The Checkpoints are fair so if you mess up you can always retry and you will not lost progress.

Hope you keep playing and I hope you like the ending. :)

I'm glad you are enjoying it fellow GAFfer. It pays to be patient and try to be stealth indeed. To me, it also made the game more fun. The Checkpoints are fair so if you mess up you can always retry and you will not lost progress.

Hope you keep playing and I hope you like the ending. :)

Can I ask what is the best way to get a high score? It looks like going non-lethal is? But then most of the upgrades are about being lethal and some of the optional objectives require it.

Wasnt FLStudio releasing on steam?

How does that cakewalk thing compare to ableton live?

I mess with FL Studio and Ableton Live. And from what I've seen from Cakewalk, is very similar to FL than AL. I'm debating to get it as well. Because when it comes to DAW, the more you know, the better it is when it comes to running your own studio(In the process of doing)

Music Creator is a proper DAW, like Sonar lite if you wish.

FLStudio is more of a tracker thing, quite different. ( I hate FLStudio )

Wouldn't really say FL isnt a DAW lol. It's been ages since I used it though.

I am more curious as to how it holds up to ableton live as that is what I last used (also been a while >.>)

The_Monk

Can I ask what is the best way to get a high score? It looks like going non-lethal is? But then most of the upgrades are about being lethal and some of the optional objectives require it.

I finished this game on my 360 but I want to replay it on Steam, correct me if I'm wrong, but there are some bonus actions you can do, yes? Like kill someone in some way, or do not kill anyone at all in one level, no alerts, using some certain tools (I won't say which because I don't want to spoil anything). Those things must help you with the Score I believe fellow GAFfer.

Arthea

Just done the first three levels in MotN.

This game is seriously good. I usually hate stealth games and feel cheated when I get caught most of the time. The mechanics here are seriously good, the level design is good, and the art style is brilliant. Plus the story is told through these cartoon type cutscenes which are beautiful. I'd highly highly recommend it, probably my favourite game I've picked up through the sale so far along with Sleeping Dogs.

I agree, one of the best games gaf recommended and I bought. I kinda like stealth games though. But it really plays great.

cicero

wow wow wow calm down guyz it's just ss2, i'll wait for a more humble offer.
Well, I would have offered to trade for my dignity, but I wasn't sure you would recognize it if you saw it.

OshwvGe.jpg

Wouldn't really say FL isnt a DAW lol. It's been ages since I used it though.

I am more curious as to how it holds up to ableton live as that is what I last used (also been a while >.>)

Well, to be honest I haven't used FL in a long time too ( I think last version I used was 4 or 6 ), but I remember it being a glorified tracker and don't liking it much.

Well, I guess its finally time for me to buy Torchlight 2.

I still havent finished the first one. lol :(

Do you play your games? lol

I have a serious problem finishing games. I usually hit the end of a game and I decide to start an unplayed one just for a change of pace and I end never finishing the previous one. :/

UncleBiz

I have a serious problem finishing games. I usually hit the end of a game and I decide to start an unplayed one just for a change of pace and I end never finishing the previous one. :/
Me too.. I still haven't finished Bioshock Infinite :( but Fallout NV is so fun....

Gurrry

Quick question, do you just get cards from playing/completing parts of the game? Or do you just get them for going idle?

Not sure if anyone might be interested, but figured I might just toss this offer out - I'd be willing to trade someone a Sega Dreamcast w/ two controllers and a memory card unit for some Steam credit - or a few gifted games. The shipping cost can be either paid by myself or the other party (depending on what is offered).

LuuKyK

No. lol

I always buy them thinking that I will have time to play it later. But that rarely happens. :( I do enjoy what I play of them though, so thats something.

That only happens with Steam/PC games though. Console/portable games I always finish, but thats probably because I only buy what I am really wanting to buy :p.

H3xum

Definitely a fine mix of both, horror-themed, action gameplay.

I'd say horror for sure I mean... it's also definitely dream-like and with some definite Twin Peaks inspiration but I would say that it's very much horror.

Ehhh...I'll meet you in the middle with suspenseful (and I don't even feel good about that)

The_Monk

Thanks. :) I'm getting a little too spending happy here but whatever.

You won't regret it fellow GAFfer, it's a lovely game. To me Torchlight 2 is one of those games I like to come back every now and then, do some quests, get some loot and then return in the future.

The first one got a little boring and more of the same for me, but I'm really liking Torchlight 2, hope you can like it too.

Prophane33

Finally, after 10,000 years I'm back to conquer earth.

Or rather, good morning. Is the vote only showing 2 choices for everybody?

CzarTim

Not horror....kind of thriller? More dreamy/Twin Peaks action

Super fun game, though, get it! Worth every penny
Definitely a fine mix of both, horror-themed, action gameplay.

I'd say horror for sure I mean... it's also definitely dream-like and with some definite Twin Peaks inspiration but I would say that it's very much horror.
Thriller I suppose. It's not especially scary. Great freaking game though.
it's more a OH MY GOD WHERE IS THAT FUCKING LIGHT THEY ARE JUST BEHIND ME

Thanks, guys. Don't really like horror, but I'll give it a shot if it's not too bad.

Arthea

No. lol

I always buy them thinking that I will have time to play it later. But that rarely happens. :( I do enjoy what I play of them though, so thats something.

That only happens with Steam/PC games though. Console/portable games I always finish, but thats probably because I only buy what I am really wanting to buy :p.

You still have it good, I don't play or finish many console games too. It just not possible to have so much free time.
Free time should be on steam sales too, that would sell better than games even. (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom