• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Seriously considering Torchlight II, really liked the first one, although i've never finished the last dungeon. It became a real chore.
Still.
To resist or not to resist! D:

H3xum

Seriously considering Torchlight II, really liked the first one, although i've never finished the last dungeon. It became a real chore.
Still.

If you started to feel like the game became a chore, you're not going to be too thrilled with II.

More of the same

filipe

Still.

Torchlight II lost it's charm to me rather quickly when I first bought it (around launch) but I launched it the other day to try and get some cards and let me tell you, I am absolutely hooked. Maybe it was due to my disappointment with D3 or something but the game really clicked for me this past week and I've had a hard time getting to bed on time, haha.

At $5, you should really jump on it!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I was gone for most of the sale :(

Picked up Bioshock Infinite and gifted some games to a friend.

Was thinking about picking up Sins of a Solar Empire but didn't know how the DRM was and if I would get a chance to play the game.

I was also thinking about picking up Secret World, but it seems like not a lot of people are interested in it.

Did the description for the Dishonored DLC spoil the game?

Miletius

I have, I just haven't really been into an MMORPG since Guild Wars 1 back in middle school and I am just kinda wary of it, that's all

It's fun for a while. It's a mix of traditional MMO with a more modern setting and mystery elements. If you do not usually like MMO's though you wouldn't like TSW.

I was also thinking about picking up Secret World, but it seems like not a lot of people are interested in it.

I love it. But it's def not for everybody.

Gurrry

Do you play your games? lol

I have a serious problem finishing games. I usually hit the end of a game and I decide to start an unplayed one just for a change of pace and I end never finishing the previous one. :/

I too share this problem.

However, this is no burden. It is our quest.

MOAR GAMES! MOAR GAMES! MOAR GAMES!!!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The Empress being assassinated occurs at the beginning of the game. It's what sets the narrative in motion.

I much prefer Knife of Dunwall's rumoured title: The Other Side of the Coin.

Bri

To each their own. I didn't care for them at all. And I continue to hate when games make you go into a new view to find stuff, like the hearts in dishonored or Batvision in the Arkham games. Combine that with horrible AI where people don't see me right in front of them essentially.

I certainly don't need second vision mechanics at this point. I really dislike that stuff as well. Thanks for the advice, I'll skip Dishonored. This sale at least. Might pick up MotN.

masterkajo

I was gone for most of the sale :(

Picked up Bioshock Infinite and gifted some games to a friend.

Was thinking about picking up Sins of a Solar Empire but didn't know how the DRM was and if I would get a chance to play the game.

No. The event happens literally in the first 5 minutes. It's the reason for the events during the entire game.

chugen

Chugen is such a tease.

RGYAZZ6.gif

The Empress being assassinated occurs at the beginning of the game. It's what sets the narrative in motion.

I hated that you had control but could do nothing during that scene. I could have sorted all that shit out straight away and saved everybody a heap of trouble.

molnizzle

Dammit, I thought I bought the Civ V Gold upgrade yesterday for $5 but today I see that it's still in my cart and back to $10.

Hopefully it goes on sale again. :(

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Question: Would I rather wait on Trine 2/Trine combo to go back on sale (hopefully) or get Dust?

I tend to prefer platformer/puzzlers to beat em ups, but like Metroidvanias and haven't played a good one in a while.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Finally, after 10,000 years I'm back to conquer earth.

Or rather, good morning. Is the vote only showing 2 choices for everybody?
where is a group of teenagers with attitude when you need them?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Question: Would I rather wait on Trine 2/Trine combo to go back on sale (hopefully) or get Dust?

I tend to prefer platformer/puzzlers to beat em ups, but like Metroidvanias and haven't played a good one in a while.

Trine isn't very good, so Dust.

Unless you have people to coop with, I'd go with Dust.

Playing Trine alone is kinda boring.

H3xum

I can only speak for Dust right now, as Trine 2 is sitting in my cue, but, Dust is freaking awesome.

There is a bit of platforming and puzzling to Dust, and you can really slow the combat down and take it to another level by attempting to chain big combos (achievements!), so it's not just mindless button mashing. The metrovanianess of it will get you going back and discovering new chunks of a map, which adds a neat dynamic to areas where you thought you've seen everything. Highly recommended. Plus, Noogy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom