• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

bootski

anyone here who uses paypal, how can you move your pp balance into your available balance? Transfered money from my bank a week ago, and still can't access it fully.

paypal takes an ungodly long time to do that. i use a canadian bank and find it just awful. what i did instead (iirc) is just verify a bank account and add a credit card, which allows for instant bank transfers with your cc as a backup form of payment.

So did you get it?
Any comments if you did?

I'm at work, will probably get it once I get home if I make it, will be close timewise, but I'm not fully decided yet, need to investigate more.

Also might not be able to provide much info, my laptop is 5 years old and I'm waiting to get a new one soon, so I might not install it until I get my new laptop ( in a few weeks hopefully )

But I found this you might find interesting ( amazon users reviews ):

http://www.amazon.com/Cakewalk-10-CWMC6-00-10C-Music-Creator-6/product-reviews/B004TO9M5W

Did I already miss Batman being on deep discount and odds on it coming back around? I see that it's 50% off right now but curious if it got to 66 or 75. I've been checking now and then but I missed a few early days to vacation.

I initially had trouble getting Sikkmod and the recommended high-res texture mod to place nicely (can't recall the name). Eventually I discovered that a lighting setting in the former that was causing the game's renderer to trip over itself; everything was fine thereafter.

Always something minor like that. BTW, JaseC. I can't find your post on moving games, and playing them of a external. I remember something about "Testapps" You posted it yesterday. I want to re-install Spec-Ops :)

r3n4ud

Did I already miss Batman being on deep discount and odds on it coming back around? I see that it's 50% off right now but curious if it got to 66 or 75. I've been checking now and then but I missed a few early days to vacation.

Ah, c'mon man...

You never plan a vacation around Steam summer sale :p

bootski

i think AC was on sale on the first or second day. but i can't say what price it was at for sure.

NZNova

So what's the feeling on Unepic going on sale at some point during the proceedings? Most games that are put in as dailies/flash/community are already discounted before that happens. I'm guessing the no discount on Unepic means it's unlikely to get included in the sale at all?

paypal takes an ungodly long time to do that. i use a canadian bank and find it just awful. what i did instead (iirc) is just verify a bank account and add a credit card, which allows for instant bank transfers with your cc as a backup form of payment.

yeah, I had to pay with card yesterday, which wouldn't be a big problem, but for example I'm thinking of getting Dust by asking a US gaffer to get it for me, but I can't send money this way. I can only access $5 right now. Bummer.

Though I'm sure Dust will return for a flash at least, but I'd be calmer if this got resolved asap.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Always something minor like that. BTW, JaseC. I can't find your post on moving games, and playing them of a external. I remember something about "Testapps" You posted it yesterday. I want to re-install Spec-Ops :)

Here's the post, but it applies more to the particular situation liezryou was in, where he'd moved games to a different HDD and then uninstalled them through Steam. If Steam already considers the games installed and you just want to move the game folders to a different drive, it'd be easier to use SteamTool/Steam Mover.

AHA-Lambda

So what's the feeling on Unepic going on sale at some point during the proceedings? Most games that are put in as dailies/flash/community are already discounted before that happens. I'm guessing the no discount on Unepic means it's unlikely to get included in the sale at all?

Yeah doubt it, it's already at a discount price due to being early access as well.

NZNova

Yeah doubt it, it's already at a discount price due to being early access as well.

Yeah that's kinda what I figure as well. I'm just being cheap, haha. I have a few 33-50% discounts on my wishlist that I'm holding out for a 66% or 75% on... La-Mulana, Night of the Rabbit, Another World, Papo & Yo, Monaco, Ms. Splosion Man, Skulls of the Shogun, I'm looking at you...

AHA-Lambda

Yeah that's kinda what I figure as well. I'm just being cheap, haha. I have a few 33-50% discounts on my wishlist that I'm holding out for a 66% or 75% on... La-Mulana, Night of the Rabbit, Another World, Papo & Yo, Monaco, Ms. Splosion Man, Skulls of the Shogun, I'm looking at you...

I know the feeling, I've got Thief on my wish list at 66% off but I'm just waiting to see if it might be a flash/daily :p

liezryou

Alright since piratepwnsninja didn't respond to my PM, if anyone wants euro truck simulator for 10$ (the sale price it was at), i got one more copy. I can take steam wallet if you don't have paypal :).

The_Monk

Hello all, fellow GAFfers, hope you are doing fine. Did I miss something in the last 6-8 hours? Thanks in advance.

My Steam is getting a new update, hmm.

Gvaz

Banned
booop.gif

Does anyone else only have two things to vote on?

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Dishonored or Mark of the Ninja?

I've only played Mark of the Ninja so I can't decide for you, but I'll tell you that Mark of the Ninja is a great 2D stealth game with great style and mechanics. I've heard Dishonored is great too, so you really can't go wrong.

Petrie

Banned
Problem with owning most of the stuff I want is I want to buy Orcs Must Die 2 despite only having a few hours poured into the first one with plenty left to enjoy.

Steam Sale problems.

TheD

The Detective
I'm at work, will probably get it once I get home if I make it, will be close timewise, but I'm not fully decided yet, need to investigate more.

Also might not be able to provide much info, my laptop is 5 years old and I'm waiting to get a new one soon, so I might not install it until I get my new laptop ( in a few weeks hopefully )

But I found this you might find interesting ( amazon users reviews ):

http://www.amazon.com/Cakewalk-10-CWMC6-00-10C-Music-Creator-6/product-reviews/B004TO9M5W

I would be careful reading about what people think about audio programs, I have learned that a lot of people that are involved with audio are really, really, really, really stupid and rude (I just read one of the threads on the steam forum for this program and I want to kill myself).

Also found a comparison of program features http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentati...c Creator 6 Touch&Lang=EN&Req=Comparison.html
Seems to only support 8 VSTi per a project, so you might need to bounce down tracks a bit.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I see five pictures..so I need 5 cards to make one picture..5 pictures to make a badge....?

If so..not worth it to me.

To craft a badge you just need to complete the set; so if you're seeing five images, you need five cards.

liezryou

So steam being awesomely awesome that it is, i now have 4 Reus Cards, 2 Skyrim Cards, and 2 Kerbal Cards. Anyone want to trade my dupes for the other ones? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom