• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinyou

tumblr_lpz7cet51j1r1spsoo1_250.gif
At first I thought that caption said kpoopgirlgroup-party...

It goes without saying how disappointed I am

masterkajo

So, about 3 hours till the next dailies which also means 3 hours until Dust is not -50% off anymore and I am still out of money. Should have known better and put more money in the wallet. But somehow, it's never enough.
I have some games in my inventory I am willing to part with to fund or trade me some Dust if anyone is interested and wants to help me out. Really appreciate it.

ElRenoRaven

Any thoughts on Orcs Must Die 2? Tempted to grab the bundle with the first game and dlc for $8. I played the demo of the first on XBLA but never grabbed it due to the sequel being PC only. Now that I have a Pc...

I think if you liked the demo of the first you'll like it. It's more of the same but with more traps, more locations, more enemies. It's more Orcs Must Die which is a good thing.

Symphonic

But what if you are serious? :p

Also, how are the instruments that come with it?

Then it's still fun to mess around with! Especially if you have a touch screen. I mean it's obviously not Logic or Cubase or anything, it's 50 bucks base price. It's just fun to play with for a little.

The instruments are alright. I've only messed around with it on a friends computer, but from what I remember they weren't dreadful.

ht01

Any thoughts on Orcs Must Die 2? Tempted to grab the bundle with the first game and dlc for $8. I played the demo of the first on XBLA but never grabbed it due to the sequel being PC only. Now that I have a Pc...

Fantastic in co-op, not quiet as good in single player

derExperte

I never met anyone who didn't like OMD1 or 2 but 2 is probably enough because everything is better there. It also has some levels from 1.

Hey guy, very short, easy and uninteresting. I got it for free thanks to GAF so I can't complain but even at the low price... don't know.

Ok, why do I keep getting Kerbal space program cards? It's like the fifth one I got... I only need the TR one to complete the summer seal badge, stop giving me Kerbal!

liezryou

If you haven't played dungeon defenders, get that instead. Much better, same gameplay.

ht01

So then,

Welcome to steam sale addicts anonymous. I'll go first

Hi, my names HT01 and for the 4th time this sale I've gone to buy a game at it was such a good deal I'd be daft not to, even though I've already picked up 16 already so far to add to the backlog, only to find out I already own it.

I just felt so stupid that I now have such a backlog I can't even remember what's in there.

Who's next?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
EDIT: Nothing to see here. Not anymore, atleast!

Symphonic

I see what you did there..

Thanks for the info though. I'll need to do some research when I get home..

I mean it's a $50 DAW haha. Cakewalk is pretty good at keeping the quality decent though.

I haven't tried any of the instrument packs/DLC, but I assume they're better than the base.

marrec

Banned
If you haven't played dungeon defenders, get that instead. Much better, same gameplay.

Don't listen to this guy.

OMD 1 and 2 are completely different games than Dungeon Defenders.

Only get Dungeon Defenders if you like slow, plodding gameplay with a terrible interface and a long ramp up to feeling powerful. But even when you do feel powerful (many hours into the game) everything is still too slow.

It's like the Skylanders of Tower Defense games.

OMD in comparison is almost the exact opposite in the genre of Tower Defense. There are no item drops, no slow ass levels, no awful interface screens.

Symphonic

Also sorry about the rash comment earlier guys. I had just woken up and wasn't really thinking and wanted Steam sales bad and everything sucks right now.

I apologize if anyone was offended.

liezryou

Only get Dungeon Defenders if you like slow, plodding gameplay with a terrible interface and a long ramp up to feeling powerful. But even when you do feel powerful (many hours into the game) everything is still too slow.

OMD in comparison is almost the exact opposite in the genre of Tower Defense. There are no item drops, no slow ass levels, no awful interface screens.

Opinions my friend.

derExperte

That was exactly my impression after playing the demo. Soooo slooooowwwww. While OMD is fun as soon as you start playing.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I agree with Orcs Must Die > Dungeon Defenders. Dungeon Defenders is confusing and clunky from my experience playing it.

louiedog

I like both games, and I disagree with some of your criticism of DD. I can't imagine why anyone would call them the same game though. The gameplay is very different.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

OMD1 was one of my favorite games of... 2011? I think I put over 30 hours into it and loved all of it.
However, OMD2, even though it is basically just OMD1+MORE, seems a tiny bit too convoluted. I just haven't been able to get into it the same way I got into OMD1.
With that said, I'd probably still recommend getting that complete pack that comes with 1 and 2 and all the DLC, but I definitely wouldn't skip playing the 1st game. And if you're on the edge about spending $8, then I can 100% recommend just buying the OMD1 base game for $2.50 or whatever it costs.

Xater

I know we had our differences during this Sale Steam, but just give me a daily on Farming Simulator tonight and all will be forgiven. The I no longer really have to pay attention to the sales.

Grief.exe

I agree with Orcs Must Die > Dungeon Defenders. Dungeon Defenders is confusing and clunky from my experience playing it.

The gameplay is so shallow in DD.

Set down traps, then hold left mouse button...

OMD has two different weapons, tons of spells, and more.

Martian

lol nah, ss2

Sometimes I wonder how you get to give so many gifts, do you have heaps of gifts to donate to the world? Are you like Steam Sales Santa?

Edit: What are the odds. I make a santa reference to Chugen the same time someone else does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom