• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

Aha! Finally figured out why I liked the first Orcs Must Die so much more than the second one. All the maps in the second one are built with co-op in mind. It makes co-op almost a necessity rather than a cool addition to the game.
I keep hearing this from various people and it keeps vindicating my decision to continue holding off on buying OMD2. Being poorly balanced for solo gameplay is a big dealbreaker for me.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So I noticed this Tank Simulator is 50 cents.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/1670/

Is it worth it?

Wow, I remember back when that sim came out. I didn't know it was even on Steam, let alone on sale for $0.50.

I think it was supposed to be a decent tank sim game back when it came out (like ten years ago or so?), but I have no idea how well it holds up today. I never played it, even though I used to want it.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I keep hearing this from various people and it keeps vindicating my decision to continue holding off on buying OMD2. Being poorly balanced for solo gameplay is a big dealbreaker for me.

couldn't they just cut the maps in half in a separate solo mode and call it a day?

chugen

Seriously though I am just floored with your generosity, chugen, to the point I entertained the thought you had some ulterior motive.

You must have spent hundreds of dollars this week...

Amazing levels of kindness, man!

most of the time it was cheap stuff it's ok.=)

Deft Beck

I have no interest in football at all but I am vaguely interested in Football Manager 2013 for sheer novelty.

After the "fun" time that was Euro Truck Simulator 2, this is probably a horrible idea.

I don't want to spend anymore since the progress I've made shaving off my backlog has been completely derailed by this Steam sale but Mark of the Ninja seems to be good. :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I got a booster pack for Bioshock Infinite. I'm gonna hold onto it until about a month after this sale madness is over. Maybe get 4 or 5 bucks out of it.

I don't think game cards will increase to any notable degree post-sale.

liezryou

Not all opinions are created equal and saying Dungeon Defenders has the same gameplay as OMD 1 & 2 is just flat out wrong.

Don't mislead poor people into buying a game that plays completely differently.

Ok perhaps i was a bit misleading, my mistake; But really my opinion is better then your opinion? What are we 5?

Yup some are right (OMD 1&2 being better) and some are wrong (Dungeon Defenders being better).

You should go look up the definition of opinion.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
ilCascbufrEo6.png

Booster packs have never really been worth that much.
The market value is generally just over a dollar.

Who would buy a booster in a month when everyone that wants a badge has bought it already?

Current value is around 2.00 guess I should sell now.

liezryou

So this is in honor of the awesomely handsome Chugen NOTE: these may not work :(

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Spacechem -- MB-3E38F201EF8DB7A1 - Taken by wetflame
Frozen Synapse Plus Trauma -- MB-9FA0A23381465BFE - Taken by Vodh

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can someone link me to HolyBaiki's meltdown?
God damn it. I never asked for any attention to begin with. People framing it like this is fucking obnoxious.

I asked how long it would take people at customer support to get back to me and remove a subscription and it spiraled into this thing of people calling me OCD. Suddenly because I respond to people because they respond to me for several god damn fucking pages I'm a god damn fucking attention whore.

Fucking A.
WHY THE FUCK DID I NEED TO SHARE THIS SHIT? WHO'S FUCKING BUSINESS IS IT?

FUCKING MINE. AND I'M SOME FUCKING ATTENTION WHORE BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE ARE CURIOUS.

FUCK.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Ok is there anyone here who is into music production that has Music Creator 6? I was seriously thinking of getting it since I've fallen out of love with Fruity Loops years ago and Reason is too expensive.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm starting to think that there is no chance of a discount for Resident Evil: Revelations. This makes me a sad panda.

It might have to wait until the Winter sale, though it was on-sale on GreenManGaming's summer sale right before the Steam Summer Sale for about $30.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm failing to remember if the proper Steam thead ever got to these kind of lows, HolyBaikal's meltdown aside...

Is this what sales do to people?

The sad truth is that in regular Steam threads and special threads like this, there are always people who want to essentially make the thread about themselves.

The problem is that the special Steam threads aren't as intimidating to new people, so you end up with a a bunch of new people who clash up against the regulars who feel they've earned their cult of personality.

Both are tolerable in brief excursions, and it would only take me a few moments to find something objectively worse than what you highlight there from the regular thread -- it was just tolerated because, man, it's that funny guy Morningbus doing that silly shtick he always does. I understand it feels worse because there are a lot more people basically vying for attention and some behavior has been particularly annoying, but it isn't unique to these special threads.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I really hope prison architect gets a decent sale when it pops up as a daily, despite hearing otherwise :(

That's all I have left that's a major purchase, along with some indies already at 75% off I am waiting for the last day to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom