• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I remember last year everyone was waiting for ARMA 2 to go on sale so they could try out Day Z. They finally gave us a shitty 40% off discount on the final day of the sales.

I wonder which game is winning the sale power rankings this year, probably Rogue Legacy.

Grief.exe

I see Devil may cry 4 on sale, would you say it's worth the 5 dollars? Is the pc version working properly?

DMC4 is apparently an amazing PC port, and isn't shackled with GFWL like many Cap com games from that time period.

DMC3 is a horrible port though, better off emulating.

Vodh

Anyone wants to share Orcs Must Die Complete 2pack? I've got paypal, it's £7.49 in the UK and rob me blind, you can have yours for £3.74.

Don't listen to this guy.

OMD 1 and 2 are completely different games than Dungeon Defenders.

Only get Dungeon Defenders if you like slow, plodding gameplay with a terrible interface and a long ramp up to feeling powerful. But even when you do feel powerful (many hours into the game) everything is still too slow.

It's like the Skylanders of Tower Defense games.

OMD in comparison is almost the exact opposite in the genre of Tower Defense. There are no item drops, no slow ass levels, no awful interface screens.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone! Probably gonna grab the bundle since it is half the price of just the base game on XBLA. The comparisons to Dungeon Defenders were a big reason behind my initial post. Got that game "free" via PsnPlus and just wasn't feeling it. I am sure the Pc version is better but OMD based on the demo seemed more fun. I am glad to see this issue actually came up. Makes my decision a bit easier. Thanks everyone!

Double

I planned to spend $30 on games, ended up spending $102. Time to stop.
image.php

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Many thanks to Based Dunder. I purchased a bunch of stuff for USD$90 and even taking into account PayPal's awful exchange rate I saved around $50.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Are there only 2 games in the flash? I know salsa is in a restricted country for some games (just like me) so I only see TWD and Van Helsing.

Grief.exe

Many thanks to Based Dunder. I purchased a bunch of stuff for USD$90 and even taking into account PayPal's awful exchange rate I saved around $50.

Maybe I should have Dunder pick me up Advent Rising.

I will wait until after the sale when he isn't so swamped.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Aha! Finally figured out why I liked the first Orcs Must Die so much more than the second one. All the maps in the second one are built with co-op in mind. It makes co-op almost a necessity rather than a cool addition to the game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But what about all the cards man...

You missed out on 14 cards!

I've had enough of Summer Sale cards for one sale. ;) I'll probably still earn a few here and there due to the voting and occasional cheap DLC purchases.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Enhanced Steam (Chrome) no longer highlights items I already own on the market (emoticons etc.) after I go to page 2 of the search results. At this point I have to refresh, sometimes several times, on each page before it will highlight owned items. Is this happening for anyone else?

Grief.exe

Aha! Finally figured out why I liked the first Orcs Must Die so much more than the second one. All the maps in the second one are built with co-op in mind. It makes co-op almost a necessity rather than a cool addition to the game.

That makes a lot of sense actually.

I really enjoyed OMD1 as well, haven't gotten around to OMD2 yet.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I got a booster pack for Bioshock Infinite. I'm gonna hold onto it until about a month after this sale madness is over. Maybe get 4 or 5 bucks out of it.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Seriously though I am just floored with your generosity, chugen, to the point I entertained the thought you had some ulterior motive.

You must have spent hundreds of dollars this week...

Amazing levels of kindness, man!

Grief.exe

I'm failing to remember if the proper Steam thead ever got to these kind of lows, HolyBaikal's meltdown aside...

Is this what sales do to people?

ilCascbufrEo6.png

I got a booster pack for Bioshock Infinite. I'm gonna hold onto it until about a month after this sale madness is over. Maybe get 4 or 5 bucks out of it.

Booster packs have never really been worth that much.
The market value is generally just over a dollar.

Petrie

Banned
I must have missed something with Dungeon Defenders, I found the game confusing when my g/f and I tried to play it. Didn't explain its systems well and we had very little idea what was going on. Orcs Must Die did a much better job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom