• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzhex

Wow I bought 400 days walking dead dlc off gamestop impusledriven. Paypal got charged instantly then they processed my order for a few hours and then they cancelled it for no reason...
Don't buy from that shit store.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
I was tempted to drop about $100 bucks or so on this sale, but I resisted and spent $0 because last year I made the vow to finish my insane back log before adding a single game to it.

"STEAM SALE, YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

Prophane33

The sad truth is that in regular Steam threads and special threads like this, there are always people who want to essentially make the thread about themselves.

The problem is that the special Steam threads aren't as intimidating to new people, so you end up with a a bunch of new people who clash up against the regulars who feel they've earned their cult of personality.

Both are tolerable in brief excursions, and it would only take me a few moments to find something objectively worse than what you highlight there from the regular thread -- it was just tolerated because, man, it's that funny guy Morningbus doing that silly shtick he always does. I understand it feels worse because there are a lot more people basically vying for attention and some behavior has been particularly annoying, but it isn't unique to these special threads.

As a member since 2008 who wasn't even a full member until last winter's sale thread, I can attest to this. I have an easier time posting in these large sale threads than the occasional "regular" thread. I think it's the festive atmosphere and quick progression of the thread (i.e. if I say something stupid it's gone in 5 minutes).

antitrop

So if Van Helsing wins, should I buy that over Torchlight II?
I personally enjoyed Van Helsing more than Torchlight II, but they're both phenomenal. Van Helsing has way better dialogue/characters/plot and I liked a few of the gameplay mechanics over T2.

ultron87

Do you have to finish the main game in Alan Wake to play the two DLC things? I never got around to playing those on Xbox and 4 bucks for those plus American Nightmare seems like a pretty effective way of doing that if I won't have to play through the original game again.

graywolf323

ilCascbufrEo6.png

that looks about right

marrec

Banned
I personally enjoyed Van Helsing more than Torchlight II, but they're both phenomenal. Van Helsing has way better dialogue/characters/plot and I liked a few of the gameplay mechanics over T2.

I've been avoiding getting T2 because of the shallow endgame of T1 (and I heard through the grapevine that it's not much better in T2). I'm a huge Loot-ARPG fan though and it keep taunting me with it's FATE-like goodness.

The_Monk

I know all of you fellow GAFfers are busy getting some Cards, and speaking about this amazing sale here on the amazing GAF but today I finally found some time to play the 400 Days DLC for The Walking Dead.

I was trying to resist playing right now because I finished this game back in November and I wanted to get back to it in the Winter, because for some reason reason, this feels a game to be played in the cold Winter while you are drinking some warm coffee or tea at home (I know it may be silly but there are games I like to play on certain seasons of the year).

It really makes you want more out of it, however, I'm not sure about I made the best decisions but most of them I made with my heart. I hope more people can play the game for the first time and get the DLC down the road. I really liked, it just felt a little short, giving you the hunger for more. Thank you for everything, GAF.

uEQu58Wl.png

Cth

So the trailers for Sequence have the card ribbon added to the corner, but not the main game yet.

C'mon, I need some cards! I'm all out of card generating games and I'll never get a foil/booster to save my life :D

dave is ok

aztek is ok
So the trailers for Sequence have the card ribbon added to the corner, but not the main game yet.

C'mon, I need some cards! I'm all out of card generating games and I'll never get a foil/booster to save my life :D
Feep is such a troll. He was in here a few days ago acting like he didn't add cards.

EDIT: That ribbon says "VIDEO", fyi

antitrop

I've been avoiding getting T2 because of the shallow endgame of T1 (and I heard through the grapevine that it's not much better in T2). I'm a huge Loot-ARPG fan though and it keep taunting me with it's FATE-like goodness.
I beat Torchlight II on Normal in 15 hours and stopped playing it there. I don't know if that says anything about the end-game, though.

Seriously better then torchlight with synergies mod?
Don't know what Synergies mod is, that might be a wildcard.

So, I joust bought Sleepy Dog on Amazon.com and then I saw a 15% rebate code "Gooncave" for digital games.. ;( why didn't anybody tell me?? I could've saved almost a flipping dollar!!1 Or is there a catch somewhere?

liezryou

I know all of you fellow GAFfers are busy getting some Cards, and speaking about this amazing sale here on the amazing GAF but today I finally found some time to play the 400 Days DLC for The Walking Dead.

I was trying to resist playing right now because I finished this game back in November and I wanted to get back to it in the Winter, because for some reason reason, this feels a game to be played in the cold Winter while you are drinking some warm coffee or tea at home (I know it may be silly but there are games I like to play on certain seasons of the year).

It really makes you want more out of it, however, I'm not sure about I made the best decisions but most of them I made with my heart. I hope more people can play the game for the first time and get the DLC down the road. I really liked, it just felt a little short, giving you the hunger for more. Thank you for everything, GAF.

uEQu58Wl.png

You sir are awesome. Do you watch the AMC television show of the walking dead?

chugen

cards!! (and a game)

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alan Wake -- MB-79D40BE742DCA8B0 - Taken by marrec

Grief.exe

uEQu58Wl.png

An Arnold Palmer on a hot summer day works just fine for those type of games as well ;)

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I'm just spitballing here, but it may be because you love Hawkeye.

Nah, I don't love it. In fact the best book was #1 and it has been all downhill from there. I will change my avatar in order to improve my chances of getting a foil. I will always trust in an australian advice.

liezryou

So, I joust bought Sleepy Dog on Amazon.com and then I saw a 15% rebate code "Gooncave" for digital games.. ;( why didn't anybody tell me?? I could've saved almost a flipping dollar!!1 Or is there a catch somewhere?

No catch, also this is common knowledge i thought. Amazon is matching all the steam sale dailies with -15 (or 10?)% from gooncave o_O.

Oneironaut

Neo Member

Torchlight 2 has quite a bit more to it than T1, but I still didn't like it as much as other games in the genre (Titan Quest and Path of Exile are my favorites)

After you beat the main game, you can restart in a higher difficulty, or you can run the map rooms over and over. Something about the combat in the Torchlight games has never quite grabbed me as much as other games of the genre.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I was tempted to drop about $100 bucks or so on this sale, but I resisted and spent $0 because last year I made the vow to finish my insane back log before adding a single game to it.

"STEAM SALE, YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

Nice work man. Don't listen to what everyone else says, you're a champion.

I've bought games but only with steam wallet funds I've made from selling cards and a gun in TF2. Made about £20 so far, not including a TF2 hat I sold for $100 last night that's gone straight to my bank account to avoid me spending on more games, haha.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Does anyone have a link to that site which lists Steam games on sale from highest percent cut off? The one Wario64 posted?

marrec

Banned
cards!! (and a game)

Thanks chugen!

I beat Torchlight II on Normal in 15 hours and stopped playing it there. I don't know if that says anything about the end-game, though.

That's exactly what I did with Torchlight soo... I think I'll skip it. I said this before, but I think Torchlight is a mediocre ARPG that came at exactly the right time to catch fire. Looking back, it's not any better than FATE.

Double

Seriously better then torchlight with synergies mod?
I clicked onto the synergies website when I've read about it here a few days ago but since there wasn't a FAQ to be found I'm still wondering what its about. A total conversion mod apparently, which leads me to the question, should it be installed even prior the first playthrough?

mclem

I got news!
Boosters now drop without having used up all your card drops. Just got one with a few drops left.

TF2's info screen has always said that I'm eligible for boosters despite having drops remaining from purchases before the card system came into place. Although maybe F2P stuff works differently in that regard?

(Not that I've seen any boosters, of course!)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I only saw the very first Season fellow GAFfer. I hope to catch up one day and maybe to a Series Marathon or something similar.

Non-spoiler spoiler:
The comics were better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom