• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
You can start reading from here.

Yeah, you may be right. Maybe my mind automatically skips the bullshit when browsing the regular thread, especially if it's attached to a familiar name.

I admit that what I quoted in my previous post isn't the worst I've seen, and in fact it isn't particularly bad. It's just that this threads move so fast, and it's getting a little tiresome to see so many unrelated stuff. 2 nights ago we were having some great talks about actual games, what happened to that?

A little drama can be fun (javadots anyone?), but there comes a point where I feel we really need to try to get back on track. Yeah, I know, I'm nobody to say what we should and shouldn't talk about, I'm not even a good poster (and I've done my fair share of derails too), and it's good to have fun here. But getting so off-topic can render the thread useless, or at least hard to get into. For better or worse, we're not on Community, so we shouldn't forget this thread is still about Steam related stuff.

Sorry for the rant.

It was an awkward conversation but it certainly wasn't off topic. Chugen was propositioning me in exchange for a game, at least that's how I saw it..

:D

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
How recommended are the Killing Floor DLCs?

None are needed, the developers work in a way that all new maps and most new weapons are updated freely with the game, and typically there are 4-5 updates a year (during summer, halloween, winter, and one or two other random events during the year).

The paid DLC is mainly costumes and some special weapon packs. Some of the costumes are cool, either they release in packs of four if they're just costume changes, or as a singular costume if there's something about the costume that is special (like a special effect on the character, a new voice pack made for them, etc.).

The weapon pack I WOULD suggest you get, but wait on the others to see if you love the game, would be this weapon pack. It's on sale unlike the recently packs, the other released pack on sale is just golden sparkly versions of in-game weapons, and the weapons in the pack are actually pretty fun to use in my opinion, ranging from a scythe to a gun that shoots fire to a bow that shoots buzzaws. Your choice if you want it of course:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/210934/?snr=1_5_9__405

-PXG-

Dark Souls for $7.50 later today? Oh hell yes.

My wallet is getting destroyed. I now own exactly 150 games on Steam. Not bad for only having my PC for a year and a half

KPJZKC

I have standard Mount and Blade (Bought a boxed copy in a dollar store and activated it on steam)
What should I pick up in the Mount and Blade sale? Dlc for that? Or just The fire standalone? I haven't kept up with Mount and Blade news at all :(

Buy Warband.

Fire & Sword is different, I wouldn't say it sucks, but I haven't played it nearly as much as I did Warband (TaleWorlds also had comparatively little to do with Fire & Sword).

Play Warband, try some of the amazing mods, and come winter sale or next summer sale if you want to try WFaS, grab it!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
62% REUS SALE (for EU) ENDS IN 1 HOUR (Steam only gives up to 50% during daily and repeat sale)

I know you guys had enough Reus talk by now, but I feel obligated to inform you that someone just pointed out to me that EU gaffers can grab the game cheaper from Humblestore for 5$ = 3,80€ during the next 60 minutes:
poWt9Kq.png
http://www.reusgame.com/buy/

Also, really glad we had a few people buying it here. Doesnt seem like most regretted it so far :p Reading some positive impressions from others in the Indie threads.

Autofokus

If I normally don't play MMOs and found LOTR Online utterly shitty: The Secret World yay or nay? I want to play with a (1) friend, but not with a bunch of strangers.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I know all of you fellow GAFfers are busy getting some Cards, and speaking about this amazing sale here on the amazing GAF but today I finally found some time to play the 400 Days DLC for The Walking Dead.

I was trying to resist playing right now because I finished this game back in November and I wanted to get back to it in the Winter, because for some reason reason, this feels a game to be played in the cold Winter while you are drinking some warm coffee or tea at home (I know it may be silly but there are games I like to play on certain seasons of the year).

It really makes you want more out of it, however, I'm not sure about I made the best decisions but most of them I made with my heart. I hope more people can play the game for the first time and get the DLC down the road. I really liked, it just felt a little short, giving you the hunger for more. Thank you for everything, GAF.
Sounds just like my experience, indeed. Glad to hear you liked it.

Dinosur

I don't know why it took so long, but finally tried Primal Carnage last night. Holy moly is that game fun. Yeah it's mostly a 20v20 clusterfuck, but there's a nice variety between classes/dinosaurs.

Don't know if it was because of influx from recent sale, but the players were really helpful with questions too.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Buy Warband.

Fire & Sword is different, I wouldn't say it sucks, but I haven't played it nearly as much as I did Warband (TaleWorlds also had comparatively little to do with Fire & Sword).

Play Warband, try some of the amazing mods, and come winter sale or next summer sale if you want to try WFaS, grab it!

Sounds good man, thank you! Warband it is.

filipe

If I normally don't play MMOs and found LOTR Online utterly shitty: The Secret World yay or nay? I want to play with a (1) friend, but not with a bunch of strangers.

If you don't normally play MMOs, I'd say nay. Granted it looks like a fun game, but I'd say you'd have to normally play an MMO to make it worth the purchase.

Wok

The sad truth is that in regular Steam threads and special threads like this, there are always people who want to essentially make the thread about themselves.

The problem is that the special Steam threads aren't as intimidating to new people, so you end up with a a bunch of new people who clash up against the regulars who feel they've earned their cult of personality.

Both are tolerable in brief excursions, and it would only take me a few moments to find something objectively worse than what you highlight there from the regular thread -- it was just tolerated because, man, it's that funny guy Morningbus doing that silly shtick he always does. I understand it feels worse because there are a lot more people basically vying for attention and some behavior has been particularly annoying, but it isn't unique to these special threads.

The morning bus is the place where you sit and take the time to reflect upon your daily materialistic attitude while staring out of the window. Every time the Asian guy posts, it is time to take some distance and think.

filipe

It was yesterdays Steam sale, so the Reus Steam deal will end today, but I was specifically referring to the Humblebundle deal which allows EU gaffers to buy the game for 62% off (5$ = 3,80$) for the next hour.

Ah darn you're right, completely forgot we were on a different sale haha.

MikeDown

Banned
SALE ENDS IN 1 HOUR

I know you guys had enough Reus talk by now, but I feel obligated to inform you that someone just pointed out to me that EU gaffers can grab the game cheaper from Humblestore for 5$ = 3,80€ during the next 20 hours:

even then it will prolly still be on discounted again at some point later on in the sale...just like everything else

Karu

I prefer Asylum's more focused Metrovania approach. I was hoping Origins would return to that, but alas.
Same here. Was so hyped for City, which was overall a huge disappointment for me. Asylum still one of my fav games this gen.

It's my first MMO, I'm playing it mostly solo and I'm having a blast. The story, atmosphere and investigation quests are amazing.

nexen

The morning bus is the place where you sit and take the time to reflect upon your daily materialistic attitude while staring out of the window. Every time the Asian guy posts, it is time to take some distance and think.

This analogy is apt. Every time he posts I whip out my vita and play Mortal Kombat.

filipe

I would love to see Rogue Legacy as a daily deal. I realize that it's relatively newer but I'm super interested in it.

That's the one game I've been waiting for! If it doesn't go any further I'll bite my lip and just buy it. I played a bunch of my friends copy, I have to buy it at some kind of discount lol.

Cth

It's almost 99% name recognition when it comes to CV.

The other 1% is when the percentage is bigger than the others by a big margin.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/11091/

Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off
Dead Island Series 50 - 75% off
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition 75% off
Fallen Enchantress Series 66 - 75% off
Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition 80% off
Batman Arkham City GOTY 75% off
Ace of Spades 75% off
Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword 75% off
Evoland 50% off
Deus Ex: Human Revolution 85% off

Did Valve just post the new deals early?
Nothing that I want from that list that I don't already have. My wallet is safe for another day.

SALE ENDS IN 1 HOUR

I know you guys had enough Reus talk by now, but I feel obligated to inform you that someone just pointed out to me that EU gaffers can grab the game cheaper from Humblestore for 5$ = 3,80€ during the next 20 hours:

Also, really glad we had a few people buying it here. Doesnt seem like most regretted it so far :p Reading some positive impressions from others in the Indie threads.

I really enjoyed what I played of it last night.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
even then it will prolly still be on discounted again at some point later on in the sale...just like everything else

Its 62% off for EU gaffers atm via Humblebundle. That wont repeat this Steam sale as the daily only goes to 50%.

Grief.exe

There is some evidence, somewhat circumstantial. But it seems to pile up.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619976

Interesting read, I would be very happy if that turns out to be real.

I'm holding off on playing both AC and BioShock 2. If this happens, I cant wait to dive into both of them.

I just noticed that Batman: Arkham Asylum got achievements. Do I have to restart my game to get the past achievements?

Achievements have not been activated yet for both BioShock 2 and Batman:AA

You cray cray. Surgeon Simulator is hilariously fun. I bought it before the flash sale and still voted for it.

That isn't his argument. Surgeon Simulator has been on sale multiple times now.
Time to give a different game its time in the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom