• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having a lot of trouble with the store loading on the game pages? I am trying to buy some games and look at some that I might be interested in but it takes no joke about 15 minutes for a game page to load. Seems to have a problem loading all the screenshots. I'm on a 13Mb connection and I'm not having any problems with any other sites.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Asylum achievements would call for an instant new playthrough, even though I'm still working on my City cheevos (challenge mode can take a while).

Deitus

Great, another Reus card drop. Thanks Steam, I really wanted half of my card drops to be Reus.

Anyway, what's up with only two voting options? Is it payback for when Germany didn't get all of the options because they were banned in their region, or is it only two across all regions?

Buy Warband.

Fire & Sword is different, I wouldn't say it sucks, but I haven't played it nearly as much as I did Warband (TaleWorlds also had comparatively little to do with Fire & Sword).

Play Warband, try some of the amazing mods, and come winter sale or next summer sale if you want to try WFaS, grab it!
If Fire and Sword is a daily, will Warband also have a greater discount? Right now it's only 50%/9.99. GAFfers have told me it's gone down to 4.99 in other sales

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you happened to get the Groupees Be Mine 8 bundle a while back, Primordia has a steam key now.

Speaking of which, Steam keys for Guncraft should be added in the near future (it was greenlit earlier in the month).

Copons

62% REUS SALE (for EU) ENDS IN 1 HOUR (Steam only gives up to 50% during daily and repeat sale)

I know you guys had enough Reus talk by now, but I feel obligated to inform you that someone just pointed out to me that EU gaffers can grab the game cheaper from Humblestore for 5$ = 3,80€ during the next 20 hours:

http://www.reusgame.com/buy/

Also, really glad we had a few people buying it here. Doesnt seem like most regretted it so far :p Reading some positive impressions from others in the Indie threads.

I was gonna say that I was totally gonna buy it here, so Toma would be super happy and stuff, and then I noticed it was you all along. :D

The_Monk

Oh boy, someone is in for a treat. One of the best games of this generation.

Indeed fellow GAFfer! I feel so bad for selling my PS3 Copy but times were hard, and I was lacking some proper time and peace of mind too (long story). I loved Demon's Souls and finished but never got to finish Dark Souls

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Evoland

I've actually been very interested in this game, does anyone have any impressions on it?

I loved it! Not a particularly long game, but great none the less. Took me about 6 hours to unlock everything and beat it.

It's very much like DLC Quest but with a much greater deal of polish. If you grew up with the 2D/3D Final Fantasy games and Zelda, this is a must-play.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I was gonna say that I was totally gonna buy it here, so Toma would be super happy and stuff, and then I noticed it was you all along. :D

If I recommend another game, I need to change my avatar every time, so that people think 5 different gaffers totall went all out to recommend it :p

elhav

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alan wake -- MB-CC87F291328D04C2 - Taken by v0rtikal

ElRenoRaven

400 Days has a number of problems compared to the main 5 episodes of the 1st season. It makes me really worried for Season 2 :(

I don't because unlike a season they're trying to fit 4 stories into one episode. So they were experimenting. I think it was done mainly to set up the new group or some of them at least. So I have a feeling the new season will flow more like season 1 did and not like this episode.

Turfster

What's wrong with Asylum?

Also, DXHR 85% Daily.. YESS!!! I had missed the choice discount, I'll get this now!

Is the Deus Ex DLC worth a crap? Should I get the bare game or the GOTY thing?

I liked the missing link a lot. It bridges a gap in the main game and doesn't outstay its welcome, but has more than enough meat on its bones. (My playtime was about 8 hours)
The other DLC is more cheaty. The Tong mission is basically a 2 minute mission that's a meta wink at the first game.

Apdiddy

I would be interested in getting The Secret World and Defiance, but what is the likelihood that both will go F2P and/or their servers shut down?

Apparently Valve ran out of games, that or region issues.

Unfortunately, it's region locking issues. If it's a GFWL game, chances are it's region locked for a lot of us... For example, Dark Souls is region locked yet I can buy it from practically everywhere else. (And that's what I did, I even got it in retail form!)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I was waiting for the 75% dark souls to come back around, so that will be a purchase.

Dinosur

I would be interested in getting The Secret World and Defiance, but what is the likelihood that both will go F2P and/or their servers shut down?

Defiance doesn't have a monthly sub so $13 isn't that far from F2P. I'm assuming the servers will stay up as long as the show keeps going.

marrec

Banned
I don't because unlike a season they're trying to fit 4 stories into one episode. So they were experimenting. I think it was done mainly to set up the new group or some of them at least. So I have a feeling the new season will flow more like season 1 did and not like this episode.

Comparing it to Season 1 I think was where I messed up. I know what they were trying to accomplish and it works as a bridge into the next Season. But I don't know if that's what I wanted out of a Walking Dead DLC, it felt short and emotionally shallow.

Today's Daily Deals include:
Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off
Dead Island Series 50 - 75% off
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition 75% off
Fallen Enchantress Series 66 - 75% off
Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition 80% off
Batman Arkham City GOTY 75% off
Ace of Spades 75% off
Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword 75% off
Evoland 50% off
Deus Ex: Human Revolution 85% off

If this list is legit, could be the most uninspiring day so far :-\

JaseC

Evoland

I've actually been very interested in this game, does anyone have any impressions on it?

It's more a love letter to the JRPGs of yesteryears than a fully-fledged game. It would have been great if the developers tied the technological leaps into the narrative (say, defeating a primary boss pushed you forward a generation), but unfortunately the game is more a novel experience than an RPG designed to be taken seriously -- you find various chests frequently throughout your journey and each one introduces a new trope, but they rarely have any meaningful impact on the game world.

Relatively speaking, it's rather meaty (4-5 hours or so of gameplay), so at $5 I'd say it's worth snapping up. If there's a sequel, I hope the concept is revisited and expanded into an actual, bona fide RPG campaign.

Xater

62% REUS SALE (for EU) ENDS IN 1 HOUR (Steam only gives up to 50% during daily and repeat sale)

I know you guys had enough Reus talk by now, but I feel obligated to inform you that someone just pointed out to me that EU gaffers can grab the game cheaper from Humblestore for 5$ = 3,80€ during the next 60 minutes:

http://www.reusgame.com/buy/

Also, really glad we had a few people buying it here. Doesnt seem like most regretted it so far :p Reading some positive impressions from others in the Indie threads.

well shit. I already bought it for 50% off during the Steam sale.

Also that leaked list does not have Farming Simulator on it. I am disappoint. maybe a Flash right? :(

Ciastek3214

The weapon pack I WOULD suggest you get, but wait on the others to see if you love the game, would be this weapon pack. It's on sale unlike the recently packs, the other released pack on sale is just golden sparkly versions of in-game weapons, and the weapons in the pack are actually pretty fun to use in my opinion, ranging from a scythe to a gun that shoots fire to a bow that shoots buzzaws. Your choice if you want it of course

Jesus Christ, 2.99 euros for this pack. It's as much as the base game.

Unfortunately, it's region locking issues. If it's a GFWL game, chances are it's region locked for a lot of us... For example, Dark Souls is region locked yet I can buy it from practically everywhere else. (And that's what I did, I even got it in retail form!)
GFWL is available in my region, however I still only have 2 vote options.

JaseC

To expand slightly on catabarez's post, there are only two games available across the board: it's not a case of regional unavailability.

sibarraz

Banned
I bought 2 be mine 8 bundles so I think that I had an extra key for primordia, but can't remember which one was, and don't know if use modbot or not to give it away

elhav

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alan wake: American nightmare -- MB-80A557976B336B30 - Taken by K2Valor

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Also - I know it's long shot since it's up against The Walking Dead, but you guys should really vote for (and buy) The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing.

Probably my favorite "Dungeon Crawler" of the last 6 months.

Grief.exe

Is there any other issues with the DMC3 port? This post seems to say that all of the big complaints can be easily fixed.

I got DMC3/4 and Dishonored in my cart right now, thinking of pulling the trigger with card moneys.

aOl95Pr.png

Already had all but 3, grabbed 3.

Fixing up the port so far has been kinda easy.

Assuming wired 360 pad (I'm using the rereleased one I believe black with glossy buttons, not sure if the hardware or anything is different) - Use Xpadder to map Q and E to the triggers, (q - left - e right)

replace the contents of DMC3SE.ini with

Code:
[Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)]
START = 7
SELECT = 6
CIRCLE = 1
TRIANGLE = 3
SQUARE = 2
CROSS = 0
L1 = 4
R1 = 5
L2 = 11
R2 = 12
L3 = 8
R3 = 9
L<->R = 1

grab widescreen patch from
http://www.wsgf.org/node/513

Having no issues with music, keeping consistent 60fps, YMMV

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all

Rules for this Giveaway:

Alan wake: American nightmare -- MB-80A557976B336B30 - Taken by K2Valor
Thanks elhav!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom