• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any other issues with the DMC3 port? This post seems to say that all of the big complaints can be easily fixed.

I got DMC3/4 and Dishonored in my cart right now, thinking of pulling the trigger with card moneys.

aOl95Pr.png
interested in this too. wanted to get DMC4, and that pack seems like really good deal.

maty

If you happened to get the Groupees Be Mine 8 bundle a while back, Primordia has a steam key now.

Unfortunately, I didn't buy that bundle :(

That isn't his argument. Surgeon Simulator has been on sale multiple times now.
Time to give a different game its time in the sun.

This. Thank you Grief.

I'm starting to think the votes don't even count and that it's just Valve picking the game they want to sell so they get a another cut on cards later

Tecl0n

Is there any other issues with the DMC3 port? This post seems to say that all of the big complaints can be easily fixed.

I got DMC3/4 and Dishonored in my cart right now, thinking of pulling the trigger with card moneys.

aOl95Pr.png

I thought the problem was the unstable framerate?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
I'm sure this was answered earlier in the thread, but anyone know why there is only 2 choices for community vote this time around?

ElRenoRaven

Comparing it to Season 1 I think was where I messed up. I know what they were trying to accomplish and it works as a bridge into the next Season. But I don't know if that's what I wanted out of a Walking Dead DLC, it felt short and emotionally shallow.

I don't deny it felt short. I think that is due to the way they did break it up. None of the stories really felt fulfilling because they were just a small bit. I'd start to get into the story and then bam it'd be over. The end though did help a bit though. All said and done I think a season like this with one episode per story could work if done right. In fact I could see these stories having been an entire season with an episode per story.

Avallon

http://store.steampowered.com/news/11091/

Grand Theft Auto IV 75% off
Dead Island Series 50 - 75% off
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition 75% off
Fallen Enchantress Series 66 - 75% off
Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition 80% off
Batman Arkham City GOTY 75% off
Ace of Spades 75% off
Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword 75% off
Evoland 50% off
Deus Ex: Human Revolution 85% off

Did Valve just post the new deals early?

Where did this come from?

Eternia

Jørdan;71075101 said:
Fire&Sword only? *bleurgh*
This urge to immediately jump the gun before everything is set is so strange.

Look in their news section, check out day 6, DmC is listed as 50% off but all Devil May Cry games are on sale.

elhav

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The walking dead -- MB-B62022A325A52CC8 - Taken by Tecl0n

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeah, you may be right. Maybe my mind automatically skips the bullshit when browsing the regular thread, especially if it's attached to a familiar name.

I admit that what I quoted in my previous post isn't the worst I've seen, and in fact it isn't particularly bad. It's just that this threads move so fast, and it's getting a little tiresome to see so many unrelated stuff. 2 nights ago we were having some great talks about actual games, what happened to that?

A little drama can be fun (javadots anyone?), but there comes a point where I feel we really need to try to get back on track. Yeah, I know, I'm nobody to say what we should and shouldn't talk about, I'm not even a good poster (and I've done my fair share of derails too), and it's good to have fun here. But getting so off-topic can render the thread useless, or at least hard to get into. For better or worse, we're not on Community, so we shouldn't forget this thread is still about Steam related stuff.

Sorry for the rant.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't find myself going "Ugh, this fucking guy again," a lot more from reading the Sale thread than the regular thread, too. It's not that we don't get the people who are really driven towards making the conversation about themselves, it's just that the the slower pace allows for a lot more self-regulation. It's also easier to tell a regular to knock it off because we're more accustomed to how we all interact with each other.

However, the speed of the Sale thread does thankfully offer regulation in the form of killing off irrelevant discussion within a page or two -- which now happens in the span of a few minutes.

There's nothing wrong with a little levity and a slight derail, but it's true we could all do a little better keeping on topic.

The morning bus is the place where you sit and take the time to reflect upon your daily materialistic attitude while staring out of the window. Every time the Asian guy posts, it is time to take some distance and think.

This analogy is apt. Every time he posts I whip out my vita and play Mortal Kombat.

I have decided to accept these as compliments. Thank you!

KPJZKC

If Fire and Sword is a daily, will Warband also have a greater discount? Right now it's only 50%/9.99. GAFfers have told me it's gone down to 4.99 in other sales

I was beaten to it, but I'd be very very surprised if Warband wasn't discounted also - if not with the Fire & Sword daily, it will have a spot of it's own at some point.

Why? Haven't played #2, but absolutely loved the first one.

Did they change something that made it bad, or did you go in expecting something else?

Its A really bad game. Shallow, Repetitive and boring.

Metacritic Rating - 54%

Port Royal 1 - 79%
Port Royal 2 - 75%

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Great game. hoe someone enjoys it as much as I did!

Tecl0n

Rules for this Giveaway:

Wow, i won, thanks man.

antitrop

They give crazy scores to almost every game.
Back in the early 2000s IGN's review scores were pretty stingy.

That's why Jade Empire's 9.9 was such a big deal, it put it among the pantheon of their like... 5 highest scores given ever. Suggesting it's like... one of the best games ever made, when it's not even one of the best Bioware games.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
still waiting for Rayman deal

I've been reflecting on a lot of games and I want

Ys Origin
Ys Felghana
Rayman Origins
Binary Domain
Alpha Protocol
DMC3 and 4
Remember Me
McPixel
System Shock 2
Mark of Ninja
Castlecrashers
Metro Last Light
Puzzle Quest 2
Little Inferno
Lords of The Ring: War in the North
Thomas Was Alone
Sine Mora
Rogue Galaxy
Don't Starve
Xcom

I didnt expected to want more games smh.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Really loving Enhanced Steam's "hide games you own" feature; it's nice to be able to browse the master list of games or any category list and not get it bloated down with all the junk you already have.

antitrop

The problem with David Clayman's Jade Empire score of 9.9 is that it completely disrespects the IGN scale of the time. Whoever the EIC of IGN was at the time failed to enforce the standards of his site.

It wouldn't seem out of place in 2013, because we all know what IGN has become, but back then it was a sore fucking thumb.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Really loving Enhanced Steam's "hide games you own" feature; it's nice to be able to browse the master list of games or any category list and not get it bloated down with all the junk you already have.

Thanks! Also digging it. Thanks to Xelios for the idea.

Just passed the half-way mark and so far I've picked up Deadlight, Mark of the Ninja, Tomb Raider, and DMC 4 for about $25...gotta love PC gaming.

BLunted

Banned
Its A really bad game. Shallow, Repetitive and boring.

Metacritic Rating - 54%

Port Royal 1 - 79%
Port Royal 2 - 75%

Hmmm...didn't think to check the metacritic. Just loved the first one so much, just assumed #3 would be three times better :)

Thanks for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom