• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmax3901

before you do anything, just be sure you did NOT install m4-78 w/ the restoration mod. I cannot emphasize enough how terrible that planet is.

I don't think I did... I don't remember there being an option for it however.

Although I just found this in the incompatibilities section of the readme: "M4-78 will NOT work with this mod." So I think I'm safe.

Sorral

OK since there is a lack of entries especially from Ingueferroque and mannerbot, I am going to give them (and other entries) an hour to submit their MS paints.

The prize is Castle Crashers, so start drawing!
Oh and I don't think that anyone claimed the Killing Floor copy that I posted earlier here.

I've gotta go to sleep, so make it a deathmatch between mannerbot and Ingueferroque.

Ah ok!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
33262A3D43D4D8DEEA94782307F3CB9C5BDB856E

I have this to gift if anyone wants. You should play it, there will never be another.

Is that... uh... Exodus from the Earth? That game suuuucked

Edit: No it's SiN episodes isn't it?

jtb

Banned
I don't think I did... I don't remember there being an option for it however.

Although I just found this in the incompatibilities section of the readme: "M4-78 will NOT work with this mod." So I think I'm safe.

you should be good then!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Really regretting the impulse buy of zombie nazi army elite sniper.. Would have enough for dishonored if I hadn't.

I played a round with a buddy of mine and had a blast. Mind you, I haven't played a zombie game in a while and haven't gotten burnt out on them yet. I thought it was dumb fun. Satisfying shooting.

OK since there is a lack of entries especially from Ingueferroque and mannerbot, I am going to give them (and other entries) an hour to submit their MS paints.

Oh and I don't think that anyone claimed the Killing Floor copy that I posted earlier here.

Ah ok!

Trying to win it, but it doesn't seem to be working.
Maybe it didn't go through modbot correctly?

MikeDown

Banned
Okay so I bought HR, will buy From Dust and PoP if cheeper, will continue to look at Ruse, hopefully it will be a daily or flash. Hopefully I will have something left if the others go on some sort of sale

neoism

yeah either I remembered it differently.... as that, or they changed the flavor... the dip I remembered was in the early 90s it was when cool ranch and the regular was all there was I think... I'm probably just remembering wrong but I did try those and they just didn't taste the same... :(

jtb

Banned
also, how does Steam calculate how much I've "spent" during the sale? I bought a Sins 4-pack so that was $30 and a handful of $2.50-3 games but nowhere near the $60 amount it says. I'm suddenly feeling very self-conscious about my reckless spending. Does it count money you add to your wallet?

mannerbot

Ah ok!

It takes me an outrageous amount of time and effort to do even completely awful MS Paint drawings, which is why I haven't entered. I don't think I can top Salsa Crashers anyhow. :p

hitmon

also, how does Steam calculate how much I've "spent" during the sale? I bought a Sins 4-pack so that was $30 and a handful of $2.50-3 games but nowhere near the $60 amount it says. I'm suddenly feeling very self-conscious about my reckless spending. Does it count money you add to your wallet?

No it doesn't count what you add to the wallet, only what you've spent.

CatPee

$12.86 spent since the start of the sale. Muahahaha

It's actually closer to $35, counting my purchases from DunderHassan. ;_;

Smash88

Banned
I have the biggest smile right now. Seeing someone liking F.E.A.R. makes me happy.

FEAR definitely ranks up there with Doom. Man the A.I. when FEAR came out blew me away, not to mention the time slow and gunplay. Damn, I wish I could relive the day I first played it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Ah ok!

Too be honest, too much work for a game that isn't worth the trouble.

antitrop

I have the biggest smile right now. Seeing someone liking F.E.A.R. makes me happy.
I played F.E.A.R. at launch right before the 360 came out. I also played Call of Duty 2 on PC at the same time.

The 360 launch was hardly fantastic after that. Perfect Dark Zero... ugh.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Trying to win it, but it doesn't seem to be working.
Maybe it didn't go through modbot correctly?

GA: Queueing Claims: New claim request Polioliolio for 7C35CF284278A547 01:05:02.367000
GA: Claim Process: Poster doesn't meet no-lurker requirements: Polioliolio 01:05:06.981000

I'm guessing it didn't pick up the previous thread or you don't meet the lurker requirements?
Edit: You definitely do from the previous thread, so it's not picking up. One sec.

Edit: Found bug, sorry all, fixed. It wasn't reading the previous thread ID properly. Whoops.

So, what are the games that drop the most cards in the fastest way?

I have no idea how the drops work. I was idling in 3 games and getting 1 card every 30-45 minutes. I tried doing one game only, and was still getting cards at the same rate. My brother had 5 games idling and was getting 4-5 cards every 10-15 minutes.

Sorral

GA: Queueing Claims: New claim request Polioliolio for 7C35CF284278A547 01:05:02.367000
GA: Claim Process: Poster doesn't meet no-lurker requirements: Polioliolio 01:05:06.981000

I'm guessing it didn't pick up the previous thread or you don't meet the lurker requirements?
Edit: You definitely do from the previous thread, so it's not picking up. One sec.

I PM'd him the link either way. Is it just ModBot not replying to him? Hoping that the link is fine.

Edit: Just saw your second edit. Awesome, thanks for all of this work btw!

It takes me an outrageous amount of time and effort to do even completely awful MS Paint drawings, which is why I haven't entered. I don't think I can top Salsa Crashers anyhow. :p

Too be honest, too much work for a game that isn't worth the trouble.

That Salsa Crashers must have taken 5 minutes at most. Really any drawing will do.

Edit: Found bug, sorry all, fixed. It wasn't reading the previous thread ID properly. Whoops.

Thanks for modbot maintenance.
All this generosity wouldn't have been possible without you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom