• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

didamangi

33262A3D43D4D8DEEA94782307F3CB9C5BDB856E

I have this to gift if anyone wants. You should play it, there will never be another.

I'll take SIN. Promise to play it until completion right away!

neoism

Doritos makes salsa?

Olh7Sdp.jpg

Ugh, who the hell does this?

Personally I only like BBQ chips with dip.... but back in the day there was this Philadelphia onion dip I don't think they make it anymore... It was the best damn dip with Doritos.... omg soo good. png

Okay, Gaf I need your help, i'm on a strict budget of only 18 dollars, not sure what to purchase.

Here is what I have been eyeballing:
Deus Ex: HR 2.99 - Looks interesting, sorta wanna get 2.99 is good price
Reus 4.99 - Looks interesting, never planned on buying, 4.99 bit steep
From Dust 9.74 - Been wanting to play this for the longest time, but pricey
Sanctum 2 Season Pass 11.99 - Long run good decision, hopes goes on sale
Sanctum 2 Road to Elysion 3.99 - Alternative if season pass doesn't go on sale
Moster Loves You - 6.69 - Would buy if lower, looks fun
PoP 2008 6.49 - Been wanting to replay this, price is issue, seen it low as 2.99 once

Deus Ex: HR & From Dust!

There's not much to think...you won't regret getting both.

iqubal

Banned
You have spent approximately $28.66 USD in the store since the sale began.

Not too shabby for me. I may budget myself another $15 or so and be done : )

xanaty

Neo Member
Spent $191.79 thus far.

About $160 of that came from selling 2 TF2 Unusual Hats a week before the sale started so it hasn't been too bad on my wallet.

gabbo

They didn't even make it to a second episode? damn.

Ritual hit hard times right after it released and were bought by a mobile/casual company (MumboJumbo). There was a mass exodus of staff right before they were sold.

Valygar

I should buy dishonored, but a friend advised me not to saying the stealth is really bad.

He also did not like Deus Ex, I think the only stealth games he likes are splinter cells or similar...

In any case, I just bought Absolution and I'm still beginning with Dark Souls... I must be strong, right? Right?

I should buy dishonored, but a friend advised me not to saying the stealth is really bad.

He also did not like Deus Ex, I think the only stealth games he likes are splinter cells or similar...

In any case, I just bought Absolution and I'm still beginning with Dark Souls... I must be strong, right? Right?

Your friend is wrong.

gabbo

You can be strong all you like, your friend is wrong.

Oublieux

Nooo, Dishonored is the better stealth game by far...

ShizWhiz

Neo Member

Probably get a new friend.

Baust

What's the difference between Strike Suit Zero and Strike Suit Infinity? Infinity is only $1.74. Any of them worth picking up?

Dmax3901

So I've never played KOTOR II, just installed the restored content mod, are there any other essentials or should I just jump right in?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have a 1999 games magazine that has a SiN ad on one page. Never played the game, but it looked interesting.

Guess there's not much point to doing so now, if the episodes won't keep coming.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just beat the Swapper. One of the best indie games i've played all year.

:D

Glad to hear I made a wise purchase. I'm planning to play it after I beat Sleeping Dogs. It hurt a little bit to pay $7.50 for an indie game -- especially one I barely know anything about -- but I couldn't help myself.

neoism

Oh man. Just started Sleeping Dogs today. That game is so, so, so good.

I have to say its better than I thought....The car handling is still bad... I much prefer GTA 4s... but I got in a car and it started to rain, then Bonobo came on the radio :O....

jtb

Banned
So I've never played KOTOR II, just installed the restored content mod, are there any other essentials or should I just jump right in?

before you do anything, just be sure you did NOT install m4-78 w/ the restoration mod. I cannot emphasize enough how terrible that planet is.

gabbo

I have a 1999 games magazine that has a SiN ad on one page. Never played the game, but it looked interesting.

Guess there's not much point to doing so now, if the episodes won't keep coming.

Sin 1999 is not the same game as Sin Episodes Emergence. You can play the first game unabated since they don't really tie together story-wise.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I have to say its better than I thought....The car handling is still bad... I much prefer GTA 4s... but I got in a car and it started to rain, then Bonobo came on the radio :O....

The car handling is definitely way less heavy than GTA4's (which I liked), but I'm really enjoying it. Especially the drifts feel really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom