• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
what should I vote for? I have an irrational dislike towards RCT3 (actually not really, it's just not as good as the first two... plus, it was already on sale) so which will it be... farm or truck simulator?

Okay, Gaf I need your help, i'm on a strict budget of only 18 dollars, not sure what to purchase.

Here is what I have been eyeballing:
Deus Ex: HR 2.99 - Looks interesting, sorta wanna get 2.99 is good price
Reus 4.99 - Looks interesting, never planned on buying, 4.99 bit steep
From Dust 9.74 - Been wanting to play this for the longest time, but pricey
Sanctum 2 Season Pass 11.99 - Long run good decision, hopes goes on sale
Sanctum 2 Road to Elysion 3.99 - Alternative if season pass doesn't go on sale
Moster Loves You - 6.69 - Would buy if lower, looks fun
PoP 2008 6.49 - Been wanting to replay this, price is issue, seen it low as 2.99 once
For sure get Deus Ex. Reus is, I hear, a total blast so look more into that. Sanctum 2 will 100% be a daily or flash sale.

Why is Dust 9.74 for you? It's $7.49 in the US. EDIT: I'm awful. Yeah, Don't buy From Dust.

what should I vote for? I have an irrational dislike towards RCT3 (actually not really, it's just not as good as the first two... plus, it was already on sale) so which will it be... farm or truck simulator?
Farm since that's the one I don't have.

Deus Ex: HR is great if you like stealth games and sci-fi settings. I heard the PC port of From Dust isn't that great at all (no video settings, capped at 30 FPS), and I also loved PoP 2008, but keep in my the epilogue DLC does not exist on PC (although I have heard it's not that great anyway).

From Dust also requires Uplay which killed it for me.

Mairu

Since everyone else is doing it:

808c61ceb0a0a8cb665d6e58de3c3daf.png

Turfster

Here is the Killing Floor giveaway for anyone interested. It is a really good game and best played with a group (from my experience with it and it was a lot of fun.)

Magicman103 made an entry for CC.
ilPhu6P0ziNi9.PNG

Reposting the following for Ingueferroque, Turfster and mannerbot:
I've gotta go to sleep, so make it a deathmatch between mannerbot and Ingueferroque.

Stoze

9eyvSg9.png

I'm gonna say my targeted cap is around $65, since that's the price of 1 single, newly released game, and thought of getting all these games for the price of 1 is mind-boggling.

But there's still an entire week left...

Oublieux

Does anyone know how to get rid of Black Mesa from my Steam library?

Isn't that a mod? I don't think it was ever released on Steam even though it got greenlit, IIRC. You'd have to go to your Steam directory and just delete the contents of Black Mesa that's under a mod folder.

antitrop

Isn't that a mod? I don't think it was ever released on Steam even though it got greenlit, IIRC. You'd have to go to your Steam directory and just delete the contents of Black Mesa that's under a mod folder.
Doesn't exist, I thought I had already previously uninstalled it. I can't find it.

neoism

Okay, Gaf I need your help, i'm on a strict budget of only 18 dollars, not sure what to purchase.

Here is what I have been eyeballing:
Deus Ex: HR 2.99 - Looks interesting, sorta wanna get 2.99 is good price
Reus 4.99 - Looks interesting, never planned on buying, 4.99 bit steep
From Dust 9.74 - Been wanting to play this for the longest time, but pricey
Sanctum 2 Season Pass 11.99 - Long run good decision, hopes goes on sale
Sanctum 2 Road to Elysion 3.99 - Alternative if season pass doesn't go on sale
Moster Loves You - 6.69 - Would buy if lower, looks fun
PoP 2008 6.49 - Been wanting to replay this, price is issue, seen it low as 2.99 once

lol thanks been thinking of this game all day just couldn't remember the name....35% off lol fail
also get Deus Ex: HR fucking looooooved it got 80+ hours out of two playthroughs

Oublieux

Doesn't exist, I thought I had already previously uninstalled it. I can't find it.

Hmm, it should be under \Steam\steamapps\SourceMods and delete the BM folder and if you haven't already, Steam actually has to restart for it to be removed from the list.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Do cards sometimes get removed from certain games?

I just earned some cards for Unreal Tournament 2004, but I looked back at the sales page and it was missing the Cards ribbon. Viewing the products page shows that Steam Trading Cards aren't listed there either.

Oublieux

33262A3D43D4D8DEEA94782307F3CB9C5BDB856E

I have this to gift if anyone wants. You should play it, there will never be another.

It irks me this game (SiN) was never finished... those missing episodes, GAH. It's why I never picked it up... something about incompleteness, I don't know, it just bothers me.

gabbo

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/902128274069829101/33262A3D43D4D8DEEA94782307F3CB9C5BDB856E/[IMG]

I have this to gift if anyone wants. You should play it, there will never be another.[/QUOTE]

This just opened up an old wound..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom