• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

No, thanks. After the third game, I'd rather they left the franchise die now. I won't be able to stand another abomination like that.
Give it to another developer. Complete franchise reboot.

Get rid of Paxton, Alma, Point Man. Keep clone troopers, dive kicks, slide kicks, leaning, awesome weapons, slow-mo, incredible AI, amazing level design (except for the repetitive offices, as everyone knows), and perfect atmosphere.

maty

I just have to say that your username + avatar combo is excellent. Gotta love Steven Wilson.

YES! Another SW fan.

Predator_Arnold_Schwarzenegger_Carl_Weathers_Biceps_Arm_Wrestling_Handshake.jpg

<---- Collector right here :D

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
So, how bad is Assassin's Creed 2: Revelations? I'm thinking about buying it if it goes on sale again.

I have 4&#8364; left from selling cards, and since I played all the previous games in the series, I'd like to play this now and maybe the third next year, when it'll be 4&#8364; too.
Actually, after buying AC2's DLCs I swore to never buy an AC game again (a friend lent me Brotherhood), but for 4&#8364; I might make an exception, even if I have to deal with uPlay.

So, is it worth it? Does that
stupid alien conspiracy plot
play an importan role? Has the trees lod bug been fixed?

Volotaire

So, how bad is Assassin's Creed 2: Revelations? I'm about buying it if it goes on sale again.

I have 4€ left from selling cards, and since I played all the previous games in the series, I'd like to play this now and maybe the third next year, when it'll be 4€ too.
Actually, after buying AC2's DLCs I swore to never buy an AC game again (a friend lent me Brotherhood), but for 4€ I might make an exception, even if I have to deal with uPlay.

Honestly, I've played through half the game and it was more the same but expanding on group tactics in battle with other assasins

DaBoss

So, how bad is Assassin's Creed 2: Revelations? I'm about buying it if it goes on sale again.

I have 4€ left from selling cards, and since I played all the previous games in the series, I'd like to play this now and maybe the third next year, when it'll be 4€ too.
Actually, after buying AC2's DLCs I swore to never buy an AC game again (a friend lent me Brotherhood), but for 4€ I might make an exception, even if I have to deal with uPlay.

Revelations is where the series went downhill. Storywise it is a lost cause from the second game lol.

The_Monk

is mark of the ninja kinda hard or im really a poor ninja? i love it but damn

It's not really hard fellow GAFfer, Checkpoint do help if you die since there are very of them. What is the problems you are having? Maybe I can somehow help you, I'm not sure.

- Take your time. You can be almost Stealth in the game. It's not hard.

- Memorize the Soldiers paterns, that way you know when to move.

- Look up, look down. Sometimes it's easier to sneak by the roof or by going down using those vents.

- Use the Perks. Smoke bombs can help you and those things that make noise are also good if you want to move someone out of the way (in case someone is blocking a door).

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I found it pretty easy actually... Made it harder for myself by letting myself get killed after getting spotted.
Yeah, I do that in EVERY stealth game.
That or I reload the last save.

Playing Dishonored, 2 hours and I'm still at the first part of the first mission after the tutorial. (I don't suck, I explored around a finished a side mission. :lol)

It's not really hard fellow GAFfer, Checkpoint do help if you die since there are very of them. What is the problems you are having? Maybe I can somehow help you, I'm not sure.

- Look up, look down. Sometimes it's easier to sneak by the roof or by going down using those vents.

- Use the Perks. Smoke bombs can help you and those things that make noise are also good if you want to move someone out of the way (in case someone is blocking a door).

Good advice. Also, the game gets a lot easier when you unlock more special killing moves, like stealth kills from behind doors and vents and so on.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wait, Strike Suit Zero didn't win the 85% discount?

I was too busy playing Castle Crashers for GAF and forgot to check if it won.

I think it got screwed, because Steam had it up originally with a 66% discount (was on for at least 30 minutes to an hour), before it became 85%. Should have realized it was a mistake, because it's base discount has been 75%

elhav

Playing Dishonored, 2 hours and I'm still at the first part of the first mission after the tutorial.

This exactly happened to me and then I realized it wasn't fun to play that way, so I played without quick reload after that.

Playing Dishonored, 2 hours and I'm still at the first part of the first mission after the tutorial. (I don't suck, I explored around a finished a side mission. :lol)
Man on man Dishonored is amazing. I'm in love with the design of this game.

Ugh, now i'm kind of regretting not getting Dishonored... I already spent a lot by the point it was a daily and thought it would just sit in my backlog untill next sale anyway.

chugen

thanks, i think i just need to take more my time, but i like the fact that i found it not too easy, more challenge for a game like that is a pleasure. =)

and i don't have a lot unlocked

Eternia

I don't think I've ever noticed that Expeditions: Conquistador game before. Can't ever have enough turn-based strategy games and reviews are generally positive. Looks neat and it was released only a few months ago!

The_Monk

thanks, i think i just need to take more my time, but i like the fact that i found it not too easy, more challenge for a game like that is a pleasure. =)

No problem fellow GAFfer, let me know if I can help you with anything else. Same goes to all the other GAFfers in here.

Sorral

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Witcher 2 -- MB-33F3AD6314D2C71A - Taken by Bizzity

tumblr_mdrcnci2r91qgtll8o1_250.gif

Catch.

Aitor

Here is an update on with the potential of dropping GFWL and Securom.
The registry was just updated again, minutes ago. So I will have another update coming up real quick.

Don't vote for games that are constantly on sale. Give another game a chance.

It would be a travesty if they didn't

Grief.exe, thanks for the information.

Still can't get over how scary/tense System Shock 2 is. I ran into the first maintenance bot and almost jumped from my chair. Scariest game I have played since... Silent Hill 3?

Grief.exe

elhav

I don't know, I love being able to sneak through every guard, unnoticed.

Yeah me too, but I realized trying to do it perfectly breaks the flow of the game too much on the first playthrough. On my second playthrough I went total stealthy, and it was enjoyable because by then I already learned the levels layouts and enemy locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom