• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

is mark of the ninja kinda hard or im really a poor ninja? i love it but damn

Basic stealth game rules apply:
Just take things slow and observe patterns before acting. Don't forget to explore every nook and cranny.
There's no time limit
except in that one section kinda

Still can't get over how scary/tense System Shock 2 is. I ran into the first maintenance bot and almost jumped from my chair. Scariest game I have played since... Silent Hill 3?
The ways enemies spawn certainly threw me for a loop. I basically had the Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite jump scare moments happen completely organically in SS2, think a place is completely empty, turn around HOL--FU--ALLTHEBULLETS

Have some more.

Here is another update on Batman:AA/AC and Bioshock 2 Steamworks conversion with the potential of dropping GFWL and Securom
I guess having games on the backlog has paid off for once. Usually these sorts of things happen to games I've already long since finished.

Grief.exe

I'm so glad I got Arkham City this time around.

It's good that they are heading in that direction. I don't have Bioshock 2 yet but I do have both of the Batman Arkham games and I indeed look forward to playing them once GFWL and Securom are gone.

Keep in mind that the Securom and GFWL removal is speculation on my part. There is quite a bit of circumstantial evidence that keeps piling up, but at this point it is purely circumstantial.

The ways enemies spawn certainly threw me for a loop. I basically had the Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite jump scare moments happen completely organically in SS2, think a place is completely empty, turn around HOL--FU--ALLTHEBULLETS

I just thought I was going to the wrong place so I backtracked between this hallway for like 5 times. Turns out that going through a door respawns 3 enemies behind you every time you go througHOOOLYFUCKWHEREDIDTHATCOMEFROMWRENCHWRENCHWRENCh it. And it was the right direction after all

Yeeeah I don't think so, I don't think there were even any PC's in 99 with 2GB's of RAM

But that's what the system requirements on the steam page say:

System Requirements

Minimum:
Processor:1.8 GHz Processor
Memory:2 GB RAM
Graphics:3D graphics card
DirectX®:9.0c
Hard Drive:2 GB HD space
Additional:patched to version 2.4

So is this just a typo by Valve or am I missing something here?

ok, anyone knows why McPixel runs at 1fps on my pc (literally, there's a fps counter). I didn't have this the first time I played but it suddenly happened and has been like this ever since. Restarting doesn't help, checking integrity of game cache finds nothing and even deleting and reinstalling the game didn't help... This is just weird.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey guys, I just got a booster pack for Surgeon Sim, but I've been selling my cards. Do they come with a guaranteed foil or something? Otherwise, I should just sell the pack before I "unpack" them, as they're going for about a dollar compared to 15 cents per card right?

louiedog

System Requirements

Minimum:

It's wrong.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual

System Requirements

Minimum:

In '99 windows 7 and 8 didn't even exist, same for DX9, and the game is only 500mb, not 2GB.
I think it's just some standard "minimun requirement", since nowadays basically evey computer has at least 2GB of RAM.

Turfster

DirectX 9 wasn't even out when SS2 was released, so...

Like all system requirements, take them with a pinch of salt... which you then put on your fries.

Hey guys, I just got a booster pack for Surgeon Sim, but I've been selling my cards. Do they come with a guaranteed foil or something? Otherwise, I should just sell the pack before I "unpack" them, as they're going for about a dollar compared to 15 cents per card?
Sell it without unpacking.

DukeBobby

That would be even better! And while we're at it, also give them the rights to make a new No One Lives Forever. Need some more Cate Archer in my life.

I've never played No One Lives Forever, but I've always wanted to.

It's a shame it's not available on either Steam or GOG.

Zoned

Actively hates charity

System Requirements

Minimum:

That is because Steam version is using a different engine. Now it uses DX9, at least from what I heard in steam forums.

ok, anyone knows why McPixel runs at 1fps on my pc (literally, there's a fps counter). I didn't have this the first time I played but it suddenly happened and has been like this ever since. Restarting doesn't help, checking integrity of game cache finds nothing and even deleting and reinstalling the game didn't help... This is just weird.
You haven't by chance enabled one of the graphic filters in the options have you? They destroy the FPS and that's the only thing I can think of.

El Odio

Banned
Dunno why but I decided to buy Witcher 2 on a whim right before bed last night once I found out my computer can run it. It was either because of all the praise it gets here, or steam sales finally got to me. Oh well, I have nothing to lose really.

Keep in mind that the Securom and GFWL removal is speculation on my part. There is quite a bit of circumstantial evidence that keeps piling up, but at this point it is purely circumstantial.

Of course, I know that there are no assurances of anything yet. I have enough else to play right now that it's not too much of a bother to me but I am hopeful that by the time I get around to them this convoluted mess will no longer be an issue.

ominator

Neo Member
Hey guys, I just got a booster pack for Surgeon Sim, but I've been selling my cards. Do they come with a guaranteed foil or something? Otherwise, I should just sell the pack before I "unpack" them, as they're going for about a dollar compared to 15 cents per card right?

nope. it may be possible that it contains a foil card, but that's pretty rare. i would just sell the booster pack.

kevin1025

Banned

Do you think the new Xbox One infrastructure will kill GFWL entirely? Maybe that's what all of this is leading to.

I gave Evoland a try. Really, really liking it. Super clever, and a lot of fun. For that price it's a great gem.

itLIMmg.png

WHAT HAVE I EVER DONE TO YOU?!

Grief.exe

Do you think the new Xbox One infrastructure will kill GFWL entirely? Maybe that's what all of this is leading to.

No, I think Microsoft just told companies that they aren't supporting the platform after 2013.

It had nothing to do with Xbox One and everything to do with failing consumer interest in restrictive DRM.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I gave Evoland a try. Really, really liking it. Super clever, and a lot of fun. For that price it's a great gem.

That game is awesome. I know some people complain that it's too short, but at least they're honest about it.

header.jpg

"A short story..."

Dunno why but I decided to buy Witcher 2 on a whim right before bed last night once I found out my computer can run it. It was either because of all the praise it gets here, or steam sales finally got to me. Oh well, I have nothing to lose really.

Register it on GOG!

itLIMmg.png

WHAT HAVE I EVER DONE TO YOU?!

The dude who made Bad Rats is probably sipping martinis on a beach right now thanks to you assholes

chronomac

Before the Humble Bundle sale ends
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Second Avernum Trilogy -- MB-E0275EB9B5E64237 - Taken by elhav
Avadon The Black Fortress -- MB-9DFBE6E2030D6034 - Taken by PixyJunket
The Geneforge Saga -- MB-9F26EF7458A06249 - Taken by DukeBobby

That game is awesome. I know some people complain that it's too short, but at least they're honest about it.
The RPG sections are terribad.

I also think they spaced out the evolutions very poorly.

That said, I still feel it's worth a play if you like the genres it toys with.

Grief.exe

That is because Steam version is using a different engine. Now it uses DX9, at least from what I heard in steam forums.

arrested-development.gif

Same engine from the original release.

The only thing Night Dive studios did was compile existing fan fixes with the original release, and polish everything until it worked perfectly.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
No, I think Microsoft just told companies that they aren't supporting the platform after 2013.

It had nothing to do with Xbox One and everything to do with failing consumer interest in restrictive DRM.
I can't wait for 2016 to roll around and for Microsoft to remember it's been a while since they tried to destroy PC gaming.

Prepare yourself for the Windows One platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom