• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Give it to another developer. Complete franchise reboot.

Get rid of Paxton, Alma, Point Man. Keep clone troopers, dive kicks, slide kicks, leaning, awesome weapons, slow-mo, incredible AI, amazing level design (except for the repetitive offices, as everyone knows), and perfect atmosphere.
Mmm... A new story set in the same universe? That could be interesting, if done well.

Rogue Legacy pls.

header_292x136.jpg

Everyone focus on this image and believe.

Probably sadly. I'm shocked we haven't seen as many bigger publishers getting into the sales this time. I'd kill to see Fall of Cybertron down to 20 or less. Same with some other publishers games yet nothing or if they do they're pitiful discounts.
Ubisoft is unreluctant to give us great deals in this sale.

Grief.exe

Did I miss an explanation somewhere as to why a modern computer doesn't have a least 2GB to begin with?

Well x64 uses just over 3GB and that architecture is just now becoming prevalent.

There are people in other regions of the world who don't have access to an easy and cheap way to upgrade their computer. We have the privilege of using somewhere like Amazon or Newegg, they might not have that same ability. Or for the same low prices that we do.

mileS

Fuck it. Bought Sleeping Dogs even though I played around halfway thru the PS3 version. The demo looked so damn pretty even on my 3 year old rig compared to PS3.

Plus.. cards.

You will not be disappointed! Amazing PC port. I've been itching to play through again but my backlog needs some lovin first.

All i want is rogue legacy, and Dragonborn dlc to be 50% off instead of 30% but that isnt possible as skyrim has been daily/flash/community 10 times

mileS

C'mon, Kentucky Route Zero.

Seriously, more people need to play this.

Gah yes! I've wanted this for sooo long but I figured where its episodic by the time all of them are released the game overall might be cheaper. That Giant Bomb quick look was amazing though. WANT

Tempted to bite on the DMC4/DMC3 bundle, but I think I will wait for another sale.

The port of 4 is solid, graphics are nice and it runs smoothly, but I never really liked that game, it's too repetitive and sterile, I've tried to finish it twice and never get very far...

cicero

Near 5 minutes and I am somewhat excited but not hyped fellow GAFfers. I'm not sure if this even makes sense.
It does make sense. I do have to say though, for direct Steam purchases this sale is better than the last 3 Summer/Winter sales, at least for me that is. Except that this sale third party retailers haven't done much of anything at all like they have for the last three, the slack for extreme deals was picked up by our fellow GAFer DunderHassan.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Tempted to bite on the DMC4/DMC3 bundle, but I think I will wait for another sale.

DMC3 is better on the Devil May Cry HD collection (1, 2 and 3) for consoles. It's also pretty cheap.

(I know you don't have any consoles right now, but you were talking about getting a PS3).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I've never played No One Lives Forever, but I've always wanted to.

It's a shame it's not available on either Steam or GOG.
Both games are excellent, and has some of the funniest dialogue I've heard in any game. Unfortunately each game has one or two levels that are extremely frustrating, but the rest is awesome.

I'd pay up to $15 to have both on Steam. Maybe even $20 if they also include Contract J.A.C.K. (which I've heard isn't good, but I want to play it anyway since I never did so).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom