• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exeunt

..Not sure. But heard it went lower than 7.49$ All the games I wanted showed up on dailys or flash, so I'm good. Alpha hasn't showed up yet, so I'll wait to the last the day. The other game I want badly to go low is Vampire Bloodlines.

I was initially put off by Bloodlines' presentation (sexy vampires!), but it sounds pretty interesting now that I've read more about it. I'm really liking Deus Ex so far, and I've read that Bloodlines is similar in some respects. It is reduced in price right now, so here's hoping Activision actually comes through and knocks it down by 75%.

73V3N

Banned
IN 2007!?

Call of Duty 4 - GOTY

Crysis
Bioshock
Uncharted
Portal

super-mario-galaxy0ajdp.jpg

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I just realized that I've probably missed a lot of flash sales because my body requires sleep at some point. Do they save the lame ones for those early hours, or have I missed some gems?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I was initially put off by Bloodlines' presentation (sexy vampires!), but it sounds pretty interesting now that I've read more about it. I'm really liking Deus Ex so far, and I've read that Bloodlines is similar in some respects. It is reduced in price right now, so here's hoping Activision actually comes through and knocks it down by 75%.

If you do buy it, install at least install the unofficial patch to remove some of the lingering bugs.

Still been pretty lucky with card drops (not including summer sale one). Gotten all the drops I could in 4 games and only got doubles once. Still no foils or booster pack though.

Mordeccai

Oh man, Bloodlines is so much more than the True Blood stereotype that has emerged recently.

Its in my top 5 favorite RPG's of all time to be honest. Classes actually play fairly differently, story is awesome, characters are awesome, I'm also ridiculously hyped for the World of Darkness MMO that will come out eventually as it will riff on the whole Prince system you get introduced to in the game.

Combat does have a little bit of jank though. I had a lot of fun as the guy who was bestial (forget the class name off the top of my head), transforms into a badass figure and claws people to death. I didn't really play with the guns all that much.

3phemeral

I changed it for you on these two. ;)

That second one might not work as I goofed with the spacing. If so send me a PM to get the correct code.

Alas, it was not meant to be. Maybe someone else on Verizon in Michigan can verify because I'm having a heck of a time connecting since my data connection is cutting in and out every 2 seconds. Fate has spoken! I have been punished for spending 3 entire days devoted to Steam.

lol

Thank you very much, It's super appreciated!

Sorral

The one hour limit is just about up. Two Three entries to win Castle Crashers:

Magicman103:

Daedalos42:

Pestilence11:
So Salsa Crashers, having the hots for Salsa or a Blue Castle Crasher close to the real thing. I guess first one to reach 5 votes wins.

Putting something like the above shouldn't take 1-2 minutes. If only more people tried. D:

OK since there is a lack of entries especially from Ingueferroque and mannerbot, I am going to give them (and other entries) an hour to submit their MS paints.

The prize is Castle Crashers, so start drawing!
Oh and I don't think that anyone claimed the Killing Floor copy that I posted earlier here.

Ah ok!

My attempt.
v1VEzt1.jpg

Exeunt

Oh man, Bloodlines is so much more than the True Blood stereotype that has emerged recently.

Its in my top 5 favorite RPG's of all time to be honest. Classes actually play fairly differently, story is awesome, characters are awesome, I'm also ridiculously hyped for the World of Darkness MMO that will come out eventually as it will riff on the whole Prince system you get introduced to in the game.

Combat does have a little bit of jank though. I had a lot of fun as the guy who was bestial (forget the class name off the top of my head), transforms into a badass figure and claws people to death. I didn't really play with the guns all that much.

Yeah, the current vampire/supernatural climate probably hasn't done the presentation any favours.

Somewhat janky combat seems to be a staple of these first person RPGs, so I should be fine with that. Is it the werewolf? I see a screenshot of one.

Yup, they died soon after the release of that game.

That's too bad, especially if the game is as good as they say it is.

Card Boy

Banned
Eurotruck 2 is both a driving game and a business simulator, you run your own company and can hire drivers that do various jobs.

Also the game is extremely well optimized and is Just Cause 2/Wings of Prey worthy and looks gorgeous for a game that is under 900 megs download.

curlycare

woaaah. I loved me some AC1 . Sunk many hours.

But there's Call of Duty 4, Bioshock, Uncharted and Portal in that list.
No love for Crysis :(
I still think it's one of the best fps games this gen. Really loved the sneaking in the woods, sniping those Koreans. I have to admit that the aliens weren't too hot though.

Started playing MIght and Magic VI and went to change my avatar but the only option is to create some horrible 360 avatar rip off with 90s 3D graphics :O I want to be Brooks ;-;

i haven't played it, but from what ive seen i think this could be my game of forever, shame i don't have a Wii, have had 360 and PS3 but never a Wii :(
Should get one, they're quite cheap now. Or a Wii U once some more titles hit, although I don't regret getting mine. Lot of really good, unique Wii games out there. Dolphin is also a wonderful thing, although I can't recommend it without actually owning a wii because that's illegal and awful.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Noted. Thanks! That's another game with a dead developer, isn't it?

Yea, VtMB launched a few days after Half Life 2. It never had a chance. Troika (the developer) was shut shortly thereafter. So the patch is even more necessary as they didn't have any time to fix the problems officially.

*Shameless self-promotion*

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines Patch/Mod Guide. (Second half of the OT)

*End Shameless self-promotion*

Tactics

Really hope Dust Force shows up in the flash sales or as a daily. The fact that there hasn't been any kind of discount on it since the summer sale started doesn't mean that it's not participating in the sale, does it?

hitmon

Really hope Dust Force shows up in the flash sales or as a daily. The fact that there hasn't been any kind of discount on it since the summer sale started doesn't mean that it's not participating in the sale, does it?

I think that's the only other game I want that hasn't had a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom