• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorntoPlay

hope i could win one of those...

I'll have two more if Steam ever emails them to me.
LLShC.gif

also it doesn't really hand hold you that much but it's fairly generous on the platforming, which I don't mind actually. If I am 5 inches off or something I do not want to fall to my death and have to restart, and sometimes do this several times. This is infuriating. I would rather it shift me a little bit and allow me to make the jump and continue the flow of the game instead of interrupting it because I jumped slightly too early or something. Fuck that archaic shit. Ain't no one got time for that.

Why even put that kinda stuff in the game if they are going to make it so hard to fail it? Kinda turns traversal into pointless filler.

Spookie

I'm surprised no one brought up the biggest issue with TR: This nieve, unsure adventurer who commits genocide on an island and still feels like she is the one in danger. The narrative has a huge disconnection from the gameplay.

That being said it's well worth the 7 quid entry fee.

Gvaz

Banned
Well, I could not possibly disagree with this more. Assassin's Creed 1 is one of the worst games I've ever played, Uncharted was awesome.

Killzone 3 gave me more enjoyment than UC1, and I hate shooters on the console because of the terrible inaccuracy of controllers (unless all you play is shit like bf3 or halo with a controller all day, but fuck that)

I mean, I really liked UC1's platforming. I just didn't like anything else about it.

LiK

228px-17630_10151338051691158_368211282_n.jpg

THIS GUY IS SO SMART COMPUTER HACKER LOOK AT "ESC" SHIRT & GLASSES!!

228px-535510_10151335072956158_1717623286_n.jpg

THIS ARCHEOLOGIST LEADER JUST WANTS FAME AND ITS KINDA SPICIOUS I WONDER IF TWIST

228px-285626_10151333790241158_1220955692_n.jpg

BLACK CHICK BADASS "AWWH HELL NAWWW" SHOOTY THE GUNS IM BAAAD

228px-312495_10151336430231158_863075924_n.jpg

FAT LOVABLE HAWAIIAN LOVES FOOD YUM

dude this game's embarrasing

lol, good point. altho the journals you need to find do a really great job fleshing them out. shame they saved that for collectibles and not actually have that in the cutscenes. missed opportunity.

I'm surprised no one brought up the biggest issue with TR: This nieve, unsure adventurer who commits genocide on an island and still feels like she is the one in danger. The narrative has a huge disconnection from the gameplay.

that's like almost every game tho. at least they did a good job establishing that the island folks are fucking nuts.

I got FFVI on the shelf behind me in both SNES and GBA versions.

Hopefully one day we'll get a perfect port of VI, the GBA version came close but was censored and had the low quality music files.

FFVI is my 4th favorite GOAT. :p

FF13 is up there with "worst games I've ever played". Loved the battle system, though.

Different strokes, I enjoyed my time with it. Will be nice to finally get a new FF series going though, don't think people would hate XIII as much if it hadn't been the only FF game this generation aside from 0 which never came over ;-;

Martian

Anyone here can vouch for the Dawn Of War II? Haven't played an RTS since C&C on the Sega Saturn, and itching to get one.

Yeah me

I purchased it last winter and spent 30 hours playing in 7 days

Its a lot like Company of heroes, but with a bit more RPG stuff to it.
Buy the game, thank me later

SlickVic

I toughly enjoyed Tomb Raider, much more than the originals.

Yeah, Tomb Raider was never a series I really got into (with the exception of Guardian of Light, which was fantastic, but I don't think that counts as part of the main series) but I wound up enjoying the new one a lot. Granted it may not be in the running for my GOTY, but it was a good game and I'm glad I played through it.

Salsa

I really cant speak for Uncharted as I havent played it, but there's more charm and character in 10 seconds of a trailer featuring Nathan Drake than in whatever number of hours it took me to finish that TR turd. It's so full of itself.

xDEKOIx

Yeah, Tomb Raider was never a series I really got into (with the exception of Guardian of Light, which was fantastic, but I don't think that counts as part of the main series) but I wound up enjoying the new one a lot. Granted it may not be in the running for my GOTY, but it was a good game and I'm glad I played through it.

That's exactly how I feel about the game.

antitrop

Killzone 3 gave me more enjoyment than UC1, and I hate shooters on the console because of the terrible inaccuracy of controllers (unless all you play is shit like bf3 or halo with a controller all day, but fuck that)

I mean, I really liked UC1's platforming. I just didn't like anything else about it.
The fact that I played Tomb Raider at 60fps on PC and Uncharted 1 and 2 at 30fps on PS3 really makes a huge difference in my enjoyment of each one, specifically because of the controls.

Survival Horror Raider concept art looked so good too.

Hopefully with the success of TLoU, AAA developers realize that their audience isn't too ADD to enjoy some stealth gameplay every once in a while

catabarez

I really cant speak for Uncharted as I havent played it, but there's more charm and character in 10 seconds of a trailer featuring Nathan Drake than in whatever number of hours it took me to finish that TR turd. It's so full of itself.

Nah mang Sully steals the show every time he steps in.

Aaron

remember when someone we never cared about died saving someone and the sad music played
Remember the cut-scene near the end where Lara suddenly forgets how to use a gun and is all scared and stuff after brutally murdering hundreds of dudes? Or the time she could have killed the main bad guy with FUCKING MOUNTED TURRET and yet somehow didn't? Yeah, that story sucked. While I mostly enjoyed the gameplay, TR had characters that you actively wanted to die.

The first Uncharted was shit though. People stop fooling yourselves.

Picked up L.A Noire when it was on sale, loving it so far.

Other pick ups are Fez, Unreal Tourny 2004 (Gotta get dem cards!) and Deus Ex HR (For 2.99 I had too...)

RC

Banned
I remember being so excited back in the day to play the original Max Payne. Then I read the system requirements and knew it couldn't be.
I'd buy a Max Payne collection in a second. Provided it'd be $10 or less.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
New Tomb Raider controlled well and I dug the wide open areas, but there just wasn't enough meaningful content to give you a reason to explore. And they took out so many features of the series... those optional "tombs" were a complete joke. Would've been such an amazing game if they put the pretty slick gunplay on top of something more challenging and meatier like the previous TRs.

All this TPS talk is reminding me that I need to get further in TLoU... but I find myself booting up my PC instead of staring up my PS3. HMM, I WONDER WHY?

Also, analog sticks for aiming, man. :S So not used to that anymore...

Yeah me

I purchased it last winter and spent 30 hours playing in 7 days

Its a lot like Company of heroes, but with a bit more RPG stuff to it.
Buy the game, thank me later

Thanks! Going to get it now and I'm done after Alpha Protocol if it goes lower than 7.49. If it doesn't, I'll still get it.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Oh boo. That last win I had was an accidental dupe so I'm disqualified! :p
I changed it for you on these two. ;)
ModBot 2000 said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (2) -- MB-AEA17BE4A1D9E4F4 - Taken by monsterfracas
Dues Ex: Human Revolution (3) -- MB-98B612A2DFB02FBB - Taken by xDEKOIx

That second one might not work as I goofed with the spacing. If so send me a PM to get the correct code.

How low does Alpha Protocol usually go during these sales?

..Not sure. But heard it went lower than 7.49$ All the games I wanted showed up on dailys or flash, so I'm good. Alpha hasn't showed up yet, so I'll wait to the last the day. The other game I want badly to go low is Vampire Bloodlines.

Gvaz

Banned
I can't believe people shitting on TR and AC1 in this thread. Both were GOTY material.

AC1 is the game I use to judge games by. If it's worse than AC1, it gets a shining gold turd for being the worst game I've ever played. If it's on par with AC1, it's just plain bad. If it's better than AC1, it means it's at least decent.

Do I need to get the Dawn Of War II pack(14.99)? It comes with all three DOW II games. Almost bought Retribution, but saw they had a pack. Are they all linked? Or can I played them in any order?

Gvaz

Banned
Voted for Farming sim. Euro was already on a daily so it likely will show up on the last day anyways as a redux sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom