• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Uplay avatars are so ugly.

ibv1xCx2kS0ZES.PNG
That reminds me, are Avatars gone on the Xbone?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Alright guys I'm exhausted and headed to bed but I wanted to see if I could get some of your guy's help.

I've got the newest version of Enhanced Steam pushing out for Google Chrome users. The latest version (3.9.5) restores the ability to set a profile background, after authenticating with Steam via "Sign in with Steam".

Can you guys do me a favor and try to change your profile backgrounds as soon as you get it? You can change it back afterwards. I just want to make sure that the process is working for everyone.

As always, feel free to PM me with any issues. Thanks!

Is F3AR really that bad? I really liked the first, expansions were terrible, have FEAR 2 but haven't played it yet. Condemned was meh and I thought the demo of the second was better.

Also any advantage of going after a level 2 Steam sale card?

It's fun with a friend, the game in general though just feels really boring in terms of the level design and everything else despite some neat coop elements. It also looks kind of bad, almost worse than the second game at times with some particularly bad character models.

The multiplayer modes are really fun though, Run Like Hell is pretty unique and worth a few hours of play.

In any case, it just didn't live up the FEAR franchise and feels quite low budget in comparison.

That reminds me, of Avatars gone on the Xbone?

I thought so but apparently they came back and said they would make an appearance. Which I'm honestly happy about, I really like the 360 avatars.

I'm really late to the discussion, but it's something I care too much about. I just want to say that the people who said Tomb Raider is terrible earlier are right.

Salsa

I think SSD helps best in open world, streaming games: GTA IV, Skyrim, Witcher 2, etc. The constant data that's being pushed makes SSD's awesome. I couldn't care less if I had to wait a few more seconds for a loading screen on an HDD versus an SSD in other games though.

texture popping and that sort of stuff is ussually remnants of a console port and just how the game's optimized, and would happen regardless. I really think there's no discernable difference between a GOOD hdd and an ssd beyond loading times in some stuff, wich (unless games like BF3 or apparently mobas) you can do without just fine.

I could never go back to HDD windows startup times tho.

Oublieux

I'm really late to the discussion, but it's something I care too much about. I just want to say that the people who said Tomb Raider is terrible earlier are right.

I didn't get the hate... I honestly thought it was a well paced action game. Sure, some skills were useless, the QTE's were a lame inclusion, and the plot was forgettable, but the gameplay was tons of fun in my opinion. It was what I expected walking into the game; I'd say it's similar to watching a movie that's just a popcorn flick--it's not going to be ground breaking, but take it for what it is and it'll be fun.

Tellaerin

Oh sorry about that. I thought that me taking other entries outside of who said they wanted it made it obvious. I guess I should have explicitly mentioned that.

Thanks for the vote. Would love it if more people voted on something so I can send this already.

Nah, my bad. Thread was moving fast and I wasn't paying enough attention to which people responded with art. Not a big deal.

Though I do think you might want to repost the entries and shout at folks to vote, since they may have missed it the first time. (Unless they already did and I missed it, which is possible. >.> )

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
texture popping and that sort of stuff is ussually remnants of a console port and just how the game's optimized, and would happen regardless. I really think there's no discernable difference between a GOOD hdd and an ssd beyond loading times in some stuff, wich (unless games like BF3 or apparently mobas) you can do without just fine.

I could never go back to HDD windows startup times tho.
Volition better fix that for Saints Row 4; pop in is rampant in The Third. I hates it!
LLShC.gif

I thought so but apparently they came back and said they would make an appearance. Which I'm honestly happy about, I really like the 360 avatars.
Miis are still my favorite, but Xbox avatars are find too. Better than what was found in Playstation Home...

Sorral

Two pages and only 1 vote (for Salsa Crashers).

tumblr_m6cowbBLK41rys4czo1_500.gif

Oh well. More votes please guys? On these.

Nah, my bad. Thread was moving fast and I wasn't paying enough attention to which people responded with art. Not a big deal.

Though I do think you might want to repost the entries and shout at folks to vote, since they may have missed it the first time. (Unless they already did and I missed it, which is possible. >.> )
Yeah, that's true that the thread is really moving fast.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Everything except for the graphics and gameplay in Tomb Raider was pretty bad, but I had a ton of fun playing it. It's basically Uncharted but with shitty characters and more satisfying gunplay. It also controls like a dream.

These should still be good. I hope.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam Hd The Second Encounter -- MB-66833CCCF80A31BE - Taken by Pestilence11
Serious Sam HD The First Encounter -- MB-7C32D66B9D95B6E1 - Taken by Red Blaster

Man, Might and Magic Heroes VI looks gorgeous, honestly kind of shocked. Still incredibly bummed that the franchise pack didn't include the expansion for VI, very shady of Ubisoft and steam refused to offer a refund so oh well. Paid 25 dollars for it via Dunder so not as much as I would have lost otherwise.

donny2112

I didn't get the hate... I honestly thought it was a well paced action game. Sure, some skills were useless, the QTE's were a lame inclusion, and the plot was forgettable, but the gameplay was tons of fun in my opinion. It was what I expected walking into the game; I'd say it's similar to watching a movie that's just a popcorn flick--it's not going to be ground breaking, but take it for what it is and it'll be fun.

Tress FX sold me on the game. Was only marginally interested in it before. It may run at 5-15 fps in closeups, but that's some nice hair. The game itself (only a few hours in) seems fine. Non-required collectathon, and some fun set pieces. Hunting with the bow (still prefer it over guns, currently) is nice.

BHK3

Banned
So what Unreal games should I buy? Never played the. I've heard Unreal Tournament 3 is pretty much dead.

They're all dead, each game has a couple servers up but I think UT3 is the deadest. Get the Unreal Deal Pack or just UT 2004 if you don't care for the history/progress of Unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom