• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhodan

Neo Member
Don't forget Mass Effect too. Best year in gaming...for me at least.

Oh man how did I forget ME was that year too /whimsical nostalgia

No love for Crysis :(
I still think it's one of the best fps games this gen. Really loved the sneaking in the woods, sniping those Koreans. I have to admit that the aliens weren't too hot though.

Yeh I loved the shit out of Crysis, definetly my favourite pure FPS this gen, even the alien bits I didnt find as bad as most people seemed to find them, although they definitely were a low point in the game

JoduanER2

Woops, Might and Magic Heroes :D Their naming for the series always confuses me. There's all the various older 90s games and the 5th game was called Heroes of Might and Magic and aggggh

tumblr_lkdcv0alkm1qjwx5mo1_400.gif

god i love that scene from scanners, and i think a remake is coming

Danj

I have a Steam question.. I'll be building a new gaming PC soon, with an SSD as the system drive and a massive HDD for storage. Can I install Steam on the SSD but have it download games to the HDD? Should I do that? Or is it better to just install Steam to the HDD?

Parallacs

Roller Coaster 3...

I voted it for the chance that the previous ones drop the same rate.

So far that hasn't worked for Deus Ex and Hitman.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I have a Steam question.. I'll be building a new gaming PC soon, with an SSD as the system drive and a massive HDD for storage. Can I install Steam on the SSD but have it download games to the HDD? Should I do that? Or is it better to just install Steam to the HDD?

That's how I have mine set up now. Steam application on SSD, games on HDD.

LiK

I really cant speak for Uncharted as I havent played it, but there's more charm and character in 10 seconds of a trailer featuring Nathan Drake than in whatever number of hours it took me to finish that TR turd. It's so full of itself.

WHY, play it~!!!!!

Tellaerin

Putting something like the above shouldn't take 1-2 minutes. If only more people tried. D:

Hey, I'd have given it a shot, but I thought the drawing was restricted to the people who had posted before to say they wanted it! I WASN'T NEGLECTING YOUR CONTEST, I SWEAR~ orz

And we're supposed to be voting on these? Mark down my vote for "Salsa Crashers", then. For some reason, that made me chuckle.

JoduanER2

Started playing MIght and Magic VI and went to change my avatar but the only option is to create some horrible 360 avatar rip off with 90s 3D graphics :O I want to be Brooks ;-;

Should get one, they're quite cheap now. Or a Wii U once some more titles hit, although I don't regret getting mine. Lot of really good, unique Wii games out there. Dolphin is also a wonderful thing, although I can't recommend it without actually owning a wii because that's illegal and awful.

i think i might, which are the essentials?

Mario Galaxy 1,2
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Super Paper Mario

am i missing something?

Skab

I'm in a mad rush to sell cards before the flash sale ends so I can buy the Deus Ex collection.

IS THIS REALLY WHAT I'VE BECOME?

i think i might, what are the essentials?

Mario Galaxy 1,2
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Super Paper Mario

am i missing something?

Fatal Frame 4/Fatal Frame 2 Wii Edition

No More Heroes 1/2

Pandora's Tower

Xenoblade

I'm sure more things will come to mind but there is a lot of great stuff on the wii.

Edit: Kirby Return to Dreamland is pretty great as well, first return to the traditional Kirby gameplay with the sucking and enemy power absorption in a while.

Dmax3901

I'm playing the Uncharted series through now and holy fuck is the first one frustrating and not very interesting.

I'm sure it was innovative at the time but god damn.

Second one is loads better so far, in literally every aspect.

Sorral

Hey, I'd have given it a shot, but I thought the drawing was restricted to the people who had posted before to say they wanted it! I WASN'T NEGLECTING YOUR CONTEST, I SWEAR~ orz

And we're supposed to be voting on these? Mark down my vote for "Salsa Crashers", then. For some reason, that made me chuckle.

Oh sorry about that. I thought that me taking other entries outside of who said they wanted it made it obvious. I guess I should have explicitly mentioned that.

Thanks for the vote. Would love it if more people voted on something so I can send this already.

antitrop

Install Steam to the HDD, install a few games you specifically would like to load instantly in the SDD.

JoduanER2

Fatal Frame 4/Fatal Frame 2 Wii Edition

No More Heroes 1/2

Pandora's Tower

Xenoblade

I'm sure more things will come to mind but there is a lot of great stuff on the wii.

shit xenoblade of course, already played fatal frame 2 on xbox, what a great game, that shit was scary as fuck, all horror fans should play this.

BorntoPlay

good list but you missed:

no more heroes 1 & 2
mad world
punch out
xenoblade
sin & punishment
the last history
pandoras tower
etc..

Mario Galaxy 1,2
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Super Paper Mario

am i missing something?

Mario Galaxy 1,2
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Super Paper Mario

am i missing something?

There's also New Super Mario Bros and Wii Sports/Resort. Oh, and Endless Ocean.

As for third-party, you've got Red Steel 2, RE4 if you haven't played it already. Trauma Center 1/2/Trauma Team. Those are off the top of my head right now, but that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Exeunt

[
Yea, VtMB launched a few days after Half Life 2. It never had a chance. Troika (the developer) was shut shortly thereafter. So the patch is even more necessary as they didn't have any time to fix the problems officially.

*Shameless self-promotion*

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines Patch/Mod Guide. (Second half of the OT)

*End Shameless self-promotion*

Oh wow. Didn't know the game got sent to die like that. Well, I do hope it goes on sale over the next few days!

Yondy604

Banned
Skyward sword, the most underrated Zelda game of all time.

Had more fun with that zelda then every other zelda minus 64 + link from the past.

The first boss in skyward made me feel like a god.

Salsa

I stopped installing stuff on the SSD pretty much. Difference is minimal in 99 percent of the games. Only game where it truly made a world of difference was BF3, mostly when loading a map.

It's kind of a hassle installing and uninstalling (120gb SSD). It's great for the OS and photoshop tho, that's for sure.

shit xenoblade of course, already played fatal frame 2 on xbox, what a great game, that shit was scary as fuck, all horror fans should play this.

Yeah, Fatal Frame 2 is probably my favorite horror game. Wii Version is still worth considering though, the new camera really makes it feel like a different game and they adjusted some minor gameplay and story elements(including a new ending)

Only negatives is it doesn't have any of the amazing extras from the xbox version, such as the Mission mode and FPS view.

antitrop

I stopped installing stuff on the SSD pretty much. Difference is minimal in 99 percent of the games. Only game where it truly made a world of difference was BF3, mostly when loading a map.

It's kind of a hassle installing and uninstalling (120gb SSD). It's great for the OS and photoshop tho, that's for sure.
SSD is awesome for SC2 and LoL.

Is F3AR really that bad? I really liked the first, expansions were terrible, have FEAR 2 but haven't played it yet. Condemned was meh and I thought the demo of the second was better.

Also any advantage of going after a level 2 Steam sale card?

Really hope Dust Force shows up in the flash sales or as a daily. The fact that there hasn't been any kind of discount on it since the summer sale started doesn't mean that it's not participating in the sale, does it?

Yeah, its absence is odd, since it was a pretty big deal when it was released, and in the last sale.

JoduanER2

Yeah, Fatal Frame 2 is probably my favorite horror game. Wii Version is still worth considering though, the new camera really makes it feel like a different game and they adjusted some minor gameplay and story elements(including a new ending)

Only negatives is it doesn't have any of the amazing extras from the xbox version, such as the Mission mode and FPS view.

it really is one of the scariest games ive ever played

Oublieux

I think SSD helps best in open world, streaming games: GTA IV, Skyrim, Witcher 2, etc. The constant data that's being pushed makes SSD's awesome. I couldn't care less if I had to wait a few more seconds for a loading screen on an HDD versus an SSD in other games though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom