• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

How can they just get rid of hiding information like this?

They didn't even switch to a new registry entry, they just straight up changed the name and deleted the metacritic.

BvisRPu.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm finally Steam level 20 so I can have the game collector showcase on my profile.

Featured game: Bad Rats. Displayed with pride.

Prophane33

If UT3 wins and people actually buy it, add me on steam so we can get some multi going! Had it forever but haven't really played it much.

Fireblend

Banned
Oh. This is ridiculous. XCOM gets to be a daily and still it doesn't get cards? Firaxis, wtf. Why does it like to pretend their GOTY 2012 doesn't exist?

rybrad

Sounds like Iron Brigade, might still buy for the sp.
It is not bad in singeplayer, just don't expect to be blown away. I am a pretty big fan of ARPG so I try most of them out and I would say Van Helsing is average. You have a much smaller set of skills to work with (2-4 usually) and the main mechanic is powering up those skills with different modifiers. The main problem is to use the modifiers you have to have rage which you generally only get from killing enemies so boss fights are pretty dry and tedious.

If you are an ARPG fan and don't mind using the same small subset skills the whole game then I think the setting is interesting enough to take a look. That being said, if someone was considering getting this instead of Torchlight 2, that would be a monumental mistake.

EXGN

I somehow still haven't bought XCom yet so good day for me. FC3 a good deal, or can you find it elsewhere for cheaper?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
How can they just get rid of hiding information like this?

They didn't even switch to a new registry entry, they just straight up changed the name and deleted the metacritic.

BvisRPu.png
Publishers can choose whether they want the Metacritic displayed.

Martian

I can't really get over the fact that I bought CoD:Warchest + World at War last winter for 25 euros combined.

what the hell: Did Activision think: ''Hey, those suckers bought those ancient games for such low prices, how about we increase the fuck out of those prices to get more money from games that are so old, they were launch titles for the Xbox''

Ridiculous, and yes, I am pissed

Copons

Am sitting on a Dark Souls gift because I can't figure out this fucking Modbot system. The OP is confusing me. Do i need to send a PM to modbot with my "receive your gift" link first, and then keys are sent to me so I can write the "register" PM to modbot? Or does the "receive your gift" link get entered in the "register" PM in place of the keys? God damn I feel stupid right now. This is what I get for doing this for the first time while at work.

Or, if you want, you could just send it over here... :D

Stimpack

I voted for Arma II, because I've decided I want to stare at it again for a few hours before deciding it's best not to buy it.

Also I'm no longer a junior member! Woohoo!

Lucifon

Unreal Tournament 3.

CS:GO all the way. I have a couple of buddies who missed out on the last deal. Surprised how fun that game is. After 6 years with the amount of super cheap Unreal deals there's been in the past few years most of the world should own that game by now.

So GAF what's the consensus on Risen 2? I enjoyed the first, heard some negative things about the 2nd but that's a super cheap price...

Aaron

Anyone else think that with the dailies / flashes / community votes we've seen all the deals we're going to see? The repeats are becoming more and more common like the tail end of the last big sale.

DocSeuss

Alright GAF you have my vote..

Which is it?
V644QgM.png

What do you need I think I have some extras? I already have the badge.

Unreal or ARMA.

GO's a Valve game; it's been on deal, and it'll go on a deal again. There's never any point voting for Valve games.

Then again, voting is weird. Still scratching my head trying to figure out how Hitman: Absolution wins over Dishonored (unless people already have one and not the other), and how Bastion beats out its competition (More than 70 friends on my friendslist own it, despite the fact that it's got pretty boring gameplay and is really only worth it for the sound/narrative).

Zeliard

This is a Humble Bundle but worth a post in here. Fifteen Spiderweb RPGs, all with Steam keys:

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

There are only 15 mins left so if you want it, better jump on it quickly. Fun turn-based combat, good character writing, inventive world-building, and great exploration are what these games are generally known for. What usually turns people off are the low-fidelity visuals, but if you can get past that, it's well-worth the experience.

As I said, I love this game. Very difficult to beat. Very rewarding though when you do. Such is the case with Rogue-likes (or fake rogue-likes, whatever)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Binding of Isaac #4 -- MB-0578534E6A6FFEF0 - Taken by PandaPedinte
Binding of Isaac #3 -- MB-26A886285AF3ED0B - Taken by xtop
Binding of Isaac #2 -- MB-DB2C39721F9BE8F1 - Taken by Razorskin
Binding of Isaac -- MB-66081EE0EC1A298D - Taken by Lighthouse

Thanks modbot for putting them in reverse order =P

Divius

Am sitting on a Dark Souls gift because I can't figure out this fucking Modbot system. The OP is confusing me. Do i need to send a PM to modbot with my "receive your gift" link first, and then keys are sent to me so I can write the "register" PM to modbot? Or does the "receive your gift" link get entered in the "register" PM in place of the keys? God damn I feel stupid right now. This is what I get for doing this for the first time while at work.

1. PM ModBot
title: "register"​
body: "Dark Souls: YOU-RKE-YHE-RE!"​

2. ModBot replies to you

3. Post the PM you received from ModBot in the thread.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
In your extension you should put a big red banner on the Infestation page saying "THIS IS WARZ DONT BUY"

I had honestly thought about doing this. However, Enhanced Steam is just an informational tool. If someone wants to spend money on this garbage, they can use Enhanced Steam to at least make sure they're buying it at the lowest possible price.

Although I'm looking into adding Metacritic scores (and user scores) to games on Steam that don't already have them listed (like this one).

1. PM ModBot
title: "register"​
body: "Dark Souls: YOU-RKE-YHE-RE!"​

2. ModBot replies to you

3. Post the PM you received from ModBot in the thread.

Or if you have a gift, you send teh gifting email to yourself, and instead of the key, give modbot the link.

First giveaway of many :D

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Death and the Fly -- MB-7D92FDDA36E8F8B7 - Taken by YianGaruga

liezryou

This is a Humble Bundle but worth a post in here. Fifteen Spiderweb RPGs, all with Steam keys:

There are only 15 mins left so if you want it, better jump on it quickly. Fun turn-based combat, good character writing, inventive world-building, and great exploration are what these games are generally known for. What usually turns people off are the low-fidelity visuals, but if you can get past that, it's well-worth the experience.

Hope the new weekly will be better, not much of a fan of isometric rpgs.

nah, i'am a shame for my steam account

True.

Groggy

Neo Member
I'm disappointed that there haven't been any good deals from Capcom. I've got Half-Life 2: Episode One, if anyone wants to trade a game for it PM me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Slight correction: Avernum: The First Trilogy isn't on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom