• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

$10 for X-Com or $20 for RE6?

Or just pass on both?

I believe you will get much more value for the XCOM regarding Gameplay & Price at this moment fellow GAFfer. I finished RE6 on Co-op on the PS3 when I had it and I had some great fun in Co-op.

But XCOM for that price will get you many, many hours of play time. Hope it helped. :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Price cut to 5.5$ steam wallet. That's almost half of sale price. Since I'm selling for steam wallet you can use your card sale money here, don't need paypal.

Users can't trade Wallet funds directly. There's a roundabout method by way of listing an item on the Market, but then you also have to factor in transaction fees, which increases the price.

HoosTrax

It's a relaxing driving game / big rig simulator mixed with business management.
Maybe it's just because I drive the DC Beltway every day, but being a big rig driver sounds like one of the most stressful un-fun jobs I can imagine. Crazy drivers cutting you off, getting brake-checked constantly, unending stop-and-go traffic etc.

Valve needs to come under some fire for featuring Infestation/WarZ as a front page daily like that. What were they thinking? That was the first serious misstep they've made this sale.

Wok

Users can't trade Wallet funds directly. There's a roundabout method by way of listing an item on the Market, but then you also have to factor in transaction fees, which increases the price.

This is what he did I think. I remember Dunder selling the game for $4.

liezryou

I'm a trader, this ain't my first rodeo. I say 5.5$ steam wallet because i mean i need you to buy me tf2 stuff off the market for 5.5$ and then trade it to me for the game :).

This is what he did I think. I remember Dunder selling the game for $4.

Dunder only accepts paypal, i am offering an option for people who have steam wallet funds only.

rybrad

Reposting this from the Steam indie thread so people don't buy Van Helsing if they only want to play co-op.
PSA: Van Helsing Co-op is Busted
If you are thinking of getting The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing primarily for co-op then do not get it. The co-op is still broken almost two months after release. Games can go anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 minutes before the lag makes the game unplayable for the person that joined. They have made countless excuses and promises on fixing this but the co-op is still unplayable for a large amount of users.
Just to add to this a bit, my friend and I try to play this every single patch and it is always the same end result with lag making it unplayable within 10 minutes. Users go the forums and bitch, the devs say they are working on it, next patch comes out and the co-op is still busted. On top of that, they announced a sequel a few weeks ago while the game is still not functioning as sold which is annoying to say the least.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Valve needs to come under some fire for featuring Infestation/WarZ as a front page daily like that. What were they thinking? That was the first serious misstep they've made this sale.
If it's allowed on the store, why can't it be part of the daily deals?

Nymphae

Banned
Am sitting on a Dark Souls gift because I can't figure out this fucking Modbot system. The OP is confusing me. Do i need to send a PM to modbot with my "receive your gift" link first, and then keys are sent to me so I can write the "register" PM to modbot? Or does the "receive your gift" link get entered in the "register" PM in place of the keys? God damn I feel stupid right now. This is what I get for doing this for the first time while at work.

Agreed. There doesn't seem to be enough interest among publisher to warrant 11 days.
Yeah I guess the sale is pretty much over. All we'll get is repeats from now on. Seems weird to have it last that long and not have enough sales to cover it.

I remember a few years ago when they just had a wrap up day to end it. Now that day has turned in to a week!

Tomodachi

Anyone up right now for gifting me (with paypal in advance) RE6 from the UK? I kinda have to go out in 10 minutes and I'm afraid I might lose the flash deal since I'll probably come back half drunk.

antitrop

Ya, true that about the Van Helsing co-op, but it's great in single player, which is how I prefer to play ARPGs anyway.

Get stoned and zone out with a podcast or some chill music and gather loot.

I just want AE to go on sale so my friend will actually get it : (

I'll even take SFxT so he'll get that too...

because it's a good game mired by stupid business decisions

Prophane33

Yeah, I love Euro Truck Sim 2. One of my go to games when I just want to relax and enjoy myself. I already have 43 hours into it and I'm nowhere near tired of it, at all.

It's a relaxing driving game / big rig simulator mixed with business management. I say relaxing, but sometimes not so much, as when you are hauling an urgent trailer of toxic waste through the pouring rain in the middle of the night, and you are tired and need to sleep but the customer wants their cargo, and you need gas, and yeah I just missed that offramp back there and now I have to quick plan out an alternate route to my destination because you can't just turn around a big rig full of toxic waste in the middle of the highway during a midnight thunderstorm, yeah relaxing mixed in with tense moments, lol.

Hell, I love just parking the damn trucks. The backup beeper does get tiring after too long of hearing it though.

Think the old space game Elite but with trucks, and really good graphics. Like, amazing looking game sometimes.

See! I'm not the only one. I'm always mixing exits when it rains for some reason.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Am sitting on a Dark Souls gift because I can't figure out this fucking Modbot system. The OP is confusing me. Do i need to send a PM to modbot with my "receive your gift" link first, and then keys are sent to me so I can write the "register" PM to modbot? Or does the "receive your gift" link get entered in the "register" PM in place of the keys? God damn I feel stupid right now. This is what I get for doing this for the first time while at work.

You put the link instead of a key code.

fantomena

thoughts on War z?

pile_of_shit.gif

You register the "receive your gift" link to Modbot.

Enco

thoughts on War z?

A highly underrated indie game that's innovative and highly enjoyable. It's a well polished and has a thriving community of both casual and hardcore gamers. It's something that will likely be copied by other developers so you best buy it to experience the original.

9/10

lol

zero01101

Neo Member
euro truck sim 2: is it as comfy as i've heard? i need something rather chill and comfytruck sounds like it'll hit that spot.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

You send a register PM to ModBot.
The subject is register
The body is in the format
Dark Souls - http://receive_gift_url_here/ackgift/farts
RECEIPT
NOWINNERSDAILY
etc

You get a PM back that gives you the encrypted keys, which you quote and post in the thread.

holy shit! I thought it was just a demo or pre-order coming next week... any word on price yet?

HYPE! so bummed I don't have my controller with me right now though...

Sorry dude its early Access. I overread some facts. I try to find out the price.

Early Access seems to be 25% off. Kickstarter price was 15$. So assuming that the Early Access is 15$ with 25% it could be 11.25$. Or it could jump from 20$ (higher than Kickstarter) to 15$.

Prophane33

How do people make so much money from cards? Everytime I get one and hit the sell button it claims they're only worth a quarter.

Sell a lot of them. Thanks to cards I managed to buy: Euro Truck 2, Super House of Dead Ninjas, both Castle Crashers DLC, and picked up Risen today with .05 to spare in my steam wallet. I sell every card I get (I have no more games to get them from now, sadly) and I try and sell them for the cheapest (so they move).

Edit: Helps that I had one foil which netted me about a buck.

derExperte

Reposting this from the Steam indie thread so people don't buy Van Helsing if they only want to play co-op.

Sounds like Iron Brigade, might still buy for the sp.

How do people make so much money from cards? Everytime I get one and hit the sell button it claims they're only worth a quarter.

Sell enough. Also most of us started selling during the golden age aka beta when prices were higher.

liezryou

do it like this

title: register

body:
Dark Souls: *insert URL here*
TAG#1
TAG#2

Tags being whatever limitations you want to put on the giveaway (givers only or whatever).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom