• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

That is what makes me proud. All of you, fellow GAFfers.[/I]

http://i.imgur.com/dRwwOv0.jpg[IMG]

[I]There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:[/I]

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.[/QUOTE]

*Not on the picture*

Well then, time to throw out my PC and pre-order some more consoles.

Enjoy your trip, duder!

Grief.exe

I'm not on there. I hate you. </3

where the fuck am i in that damn pic, if that motherf... forget me im gonna fu... oh its cool im there. See you soon bro you're fucking cool and i heart you =)

I believe that pic was made during the first Steam thread, so if you didn't post that much in that thread you might not be included.

I also remember monk saying he got very tired and gave up at one point.

Its crazy, I recognize the majority of the avatars in that picture. We do have quite a community.

Excuse me if I'm asking a redundant question...

Is a purchase of the XCOM DLC a smart move?

Three bucks I could put towards a different game if not. Thanks.

BTW, I'm hoping for Brothers in Arms to go on daily/flash sale. I'm sure I have seen it in previous sales but it hasn't popped up this Summer as a daily I don't think.

Dunlop

picked up Chivalry,

First time I use Paypal on Steam, it is the first time I had to re-enter my login in credentials (username) as it seems to be it's own custom portal.

I have to enter my password after every purchase right on Paypal with Steam? I really do not want it having it on file

Inversive

My friend gifted me WarZ, is it still a con game or is it playable now? Should i feel bad for accepting the gift and not telling him what it is? He was excited as hell for WarZ until the truth emerged hahaha

Sullichin

picked up Chivalry,

First time I use Paypal on Steam, it is the first time I had to re-enter my login in credentials (username) as it seems to be it's own custom portal.

I have to enter my password after every purchase right on Paypal with Steam? I really do not want it having it on file

yes, you have to enter your PayPal password every time. At least I do

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
My friend gifted me WarZ, is it still a con game or is it playable now? Should i feel bad for accepting the gift and not telling him what it is? He was excited as hell for WarZ until the truth emerged hahaha

Go die one time and come back to us.

Sianos

I tried to send the link to as many people as possible, but I think quite a few of them suspected me of being hacked and waited for me to "prove" I was me before jumping in too late. Still, I was able to get a few people in.

Probably would have been better of just buying more of my own copies, but I was afraid Best Buy would see the rapid transactions and cancel them all. :(

Hip Hop

Honestly, it was a fun 5 hours or so that me and my friend played.

Anything can be fun when friends are involved. Well, most things.

I believe that pic was made during the first Steam thread, so if you didn't post that much in that thread you might not be included.

I also remember monk saying he got very tired and gave up at one point.

Its crazy, I recognize the majority of the avatars in that picture. We do have quite a community.
I'm not in it and I posted a fair bit. I even quoted Monk when he first said he was collecting the avatars D:

Darkroronoa

Getting Metro: Last Light for a cent well makes up for missing Counter Strike for fourteen.

Every single time the deals change i am on the client,every single time,every 8 hours,except this single time,this single time i had to try fallout 3...5 minutes before the refresh i boot up fallout 3...

I tried to send the link to as many people as possible, but I think quite a few of them suspected me of being hacked and waited for me to "prove" I was me before jumping in too late. Still, I was able to get a few people in.

Probably would have been better of just buying more of my own copies, but I was afraid Best Buy would see the rapid transactions and cancel them all. :(
I was unfortunately asleep when you and others alerted me of it. V^V

Still haven't played 2033 though so I'm in no rush.

masterkajo

Excuse me if I'm asking a redundant question...

Is a purchase of the XCOM DLC a smart move?

Three bucks I could put towards a different game if not. Thanks.

BTW, I'm hoping for Brothers in Arms to go on daily/flash sale. I'm sure I have seen it in previous sales but it hasn't popped up this Summer as a daily I don't think.

Yes it is. Otherwise how would you care about your soldiers if they all look alike?

Seriously, both DLCs offer customization options for your soldiers (hats, helmets, new armor, color, hair etc) and the Slingshot DLC also gives your 3 extra missions and a new story character. I highly recommend both DLCs (even though I normally never buy costumes and stuff) so you will care more about your soldiers and make their death hurt that much more.

x3r0123

Try adjusting the FOV value, if the FOV is too low, then you will feel sick if you are susceptible to motion sickness.

I had problems playing through Borderlands 1 because the FOV was so low. The only fix would get reset whenever you sprint, ADS, or got in a card. The constant resetting actually made me more sick!

thanks but it didnt help. I'm so sick that I had to threw up

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man, suddenly the sales look kinda meh

Hey fellow GAFfers, so it seems I'll be out of Town on the next two days (helping some friends in need) so this means no Sales but worst is I won't be able to participate on the ups & downs with all of you, great people until Sunday at very late hours or Monday morning :( I may try to get some service on mobile and Log in on Steam but it's going to be hard.

Never forget what we have here good GAFfers. We have built the best Community to share our passion for gaming, deals, Steam and friendship. It's been a great ride all these years and it just keep getting better.

I will miss you all for the upcoming 2-3 days, send me a PM giving a Bro-GAF-Hug later so I can have something to read when I'm back! I hope you can all enjoy these days and I hope to be back for the final day of this Summer Sale.

If I may, let me repost (it's a repost, don't ban me fellow Mods) a reminder of how great this Community is, which we have been working and interacting for so long:

------

A wise man once told me that if we collect all the Rocks we found on the ground we could, one day, build a Castle with all of them.

Sometimes I think that we, as a Community can become much more powerful when united. I believe that we have the best members on any Website or Message Board ever known simply because no matter how different we are, we share the same love for Games.

That is what makes me proud. All of you, fellow GAFfers.

dRwwOv0.jpg

There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.

Dawwwwwwww

Good luck man

legacyzero

Banned
Hey fellow GAFfers, so it seems I'll be out of Town on the next two days (helping some friends in need) so this means no Sales but worst is I won't be able to participate on the ups & downs with all of you, great people until Sunday at very late hours or Monday morning :( I may try to get some service on mobile and Log in on Steam but it's going to be hard.

Never forget what we have here good GAFfers. We have built the best Community to share our passion for gaming, deals, Steam and friendship. It's been a great ride all these years and it just keep getting better.

I will miss you all for the upcoming 2-3 days, send me a PM giving a Bro-GAF-Hug later so I can have something to read when I'm back! I hope you can all enjoy these days and I hope to be back for the final day of this Summer Sale.

If I may, let me repost (it's a repost, don't ban me fellow Mods) a reminder of how great this Community is, which we have been working and interacting for so long:

------

A wise man once told me that if we collect all the Rocks we found on the ground we could, one day, build a Castle with all of them.

Sometimes I think that we, as a Community can become much more powerful when united. I believe that we have the best members on any Website or Message Board ever known simply because no matter how different we are, we share the same love for Games.

That is what makes me proud. All of you, fellow GAFfers.

dRwwOv0.jpg

There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.
You my bro, Monk!

Volotaire

Yo need some help guys would anyone in the USA willing to buy Mount and Blade Warband on AMazon US for me (STEAM DRM) so i can avoid the 1£ transaction tax and use the code gooncave?

It will be 4.24$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom