• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I bought it on sale too, just the 1st one and expansions though.

I got it as a gift from Evad, I can't wait to try it.

I might get burnt out on First Person games though.

Playing through Hard Reset right now, got Portal 2 as a gift, picked up Dishonored, Bioshock 2 is about to drop GFWL/Securom, and I want to do a second play through of Bioshock Infinite for achievements.

Nabs

So the Rush Bros 2 pack is $3.75. Don't tempt me Steam... That might be worth the morningbus commentary.

edit: lol @ all the spam in the RB Steam forum.

Card Boy

Banned
A question to Scam-Z buyers.

v3dLz.gif

Yes it is. Otherwise how would you care about your soldiers if they all look alike?

Seriously, both DLCs offer customization options for your soldiers (hats, helmets, new armor, color, hair etc) and the Slingshot DLC also gives your 3 extra missions and a new story character. I highly recommend both DLCs (even though I normally never buy costumes and stuff) so you will care more about your soldiers and make their death hurt that much more.

Hey, thanks for your reply.
Even though playing with this DLC will bring sorrow, it's the good kind of pain that brings impact and meaning to the experience.

Let's do this.

spiderman_crying.gif

Tempted once again by Borderlands 2

Never played the first one so here's where GAF comes in.

Should I buy Borderlands 2 or grab Borderlands Game of the Year edition to start out?

owlbeak

Should I buy Borderlands 2 or grab Borderlands Game of the Year edition to start out?
I personally didn't enjoy Borderlands 2 as much as the first one, but YMMV! I'd go for the first one!

Grief.exe

The game is honestly monotonous. GAF either likes the game, or they don't, there is no in between.

If you have a few friends, it can be fun for co-op. Otherwise, stay away.

It helps to have played Borderlands 1 and formed an opinion about that, its literally the same game.

Toothpick

Hey gaf, looking to buy a good multiplayer game that'll keep me busy for a while.

Should I go for Chivalry or CS:GO? I will only buy one. I already own CSS btw.

The game is honestly monotonous. GAF either likes the game, or they don't, there is no in between.

If you have a few friends, it can be fun for co-op. Otherwise, stay away.

It helps to have played Borderlands 1 and formed an opinion about that, its literally the same game.

Not much into co-op was hoping for some fun single player action guess I'll stay away.

Might still pick up 1 since it's a mere 7.50 just for the sake of science

Prophane33

Borderlans can be fan with friends, playing solo is boring as phak.

Exactly. I played it like 2-3 hours with a friend in local multiplayer on 360 and thought it was awesome. Someone gave me the GOTY version as a gift shortly after it came out (still 360) and I've never put more than 20 minutes into it. I hear the PC version is not the best version either. I haven't tried the 2nd game, but I assume the PC version is the one to get of that one.

LuffyZoro

I tried to send the link to as many people as possible, but I think quite a few of them suspected me of being hacked and waited for me to "prove" I was me before jumping in too late. Still, I was able to get a few people in.

Probably would have been better of just buying more of my own copies, but I was afraid Best Buy would see the rapid transactions and cancel them all. :(

I bought it, but they canceled my order. ;/

Prophane33

Yep.

One of the most active indie multiplayer only games on PC too outside Mount and Blade.

Would be even more worth it if it had horse combat.

I absolutely adore Mount and Blade online. So glad I picked up Chivalry 50 minutes ago....only 4 more minutes and I'll be getting myself horribly maimed on the battlefield.

Fuck you Gabe for having no self respect and letting this WarZ scam on your front page. Bad buyer experience, even if it's the buyers responsibility. Do you walk into a grocery store and see them selling you rotten fruit for 5c? No! Instead they sell you decent fruit at a fair price. Steam just got taken down a notch for giving this trash even a modicum of visibility.

MikeDown

Banned
Hey fellow GAFfers, so it seems I'll be out of Town on the next two days (helping some friends in need) so this means no Sales but worst is I won't be able to participate on the ups & downs with all of you, great people until Sunday at very late hours or Monday morning :( I may try to get some service on mobile and Log in on Steam but it's going to be hard.

Never forget what we have here good GAFfers. We have built the best Community to share our passion for gaming, deals, Steam and friendship. It's been a great ride all these years and it just keep getting better.

I will miss you all for the upcoming 2-3 days, send me a PM giving a Bro-GAF-Hug later so I can have something to read when I'm back! I hope you can all enjoy these days and I hope to be back for the final day of this Summer Sale.

If I may, let me repost (it's a repost, don't ban me fellow Mods) a reminder of how great this Community is, which we have been working and interacting for so long:

------

A wise man once told me that if we collect all the Rocks we found on the ground we could, one day, build a Castle with all of them.

Sometimes I think that we, as a Community can become much more powerful when united. I believe that we have the best members on any Website or Message Board ever known simply because no matter how different we are, we share the same love for Games.

That is what makes me proud. All of you, fellow GAFfers.

dRwwOv0.jpg

There is a total of 335 fellow GAFfers in this picture that posted in this thread. There's more but after so many hours collecting these Avatars I might have missed some. I'm very sorry for that but the reason why I did this is:

We are one, we love Games, Steam, Backlogs, threads, hype trains, gifs, and so much more but all of this is unique because, when everything fails, we do not.
put this piece of art in a museum!

DukeBobby

Fuck you Gabe for having no self respect and letting this WarZ scam on your front page. Bad buyer experience, even if it's the buyers responsibility. Do you walk into a grocery store and see them selling you rotten fruit for 5c? No! Instead they sell you decent fruit at a fair price. Steam just got taken down a notch for giving this trash even a modicum of visibility.

No, but I've seen them selling a lot of mouldy bread.

I absolutely adore Mount and Blade online. So glad I picked up Chivalry 50 minutes ago....only 4 more minutes and I'll be getting myself horribly maimed on the battlefield.

Like another poster here mentioned, it's an easy game to get into. You can probably join a large multiplayer TDM and swing away, still get kills, all while learning the mechanics.

Yet, try going into a dueling mode server and attempt to pull off the same tactic against a decent player, you'll get stomped. Mind games and skill are king in such a scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom