• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jørdan

I went to go buy Port Royale 2 as a gift because Port Royale 3 is on sale, and now I see that it has been pulled from Steam. When did this happen and does anyone know the reason why?
Pissed about that myself, it wasn't wasn't on my priority list yet I was planning to pick it up during a sale at some point.

Does difficulty affect Torchlight II's loot?
No, loot is unaffected by difficulty settings.

Gvaz

Banned
Did you like Far Cry 3? If yes, get Blood Dragon because it's basically the same game with a different skin. If not, then don't buy it for the same reason.

I said, right in the thing you quoted, i've never played any farcry.

I have FC2 but i've played it all of ten minutes.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
In zero of these collages. The disrespect.

Is this Van Hellsing game any good? How does it compare to Torchlight 2 and the like.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
OT, but the guy running http://www.howlongtobeat.com seems to completely fuck up the usability of his site with every update. Instead of a nice long list of games by letter, now you get pretty pictures and 50+ pages to click though if you just want to browse.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
All this collage creating has got me feeling generous. Fellow GAFfers, I made something for you all to remember this glorious Summer 2013 Steam Sale by. Something that truly represents what is great about our community:

mymosaicl9sdf.jpg

:)

Sajjaja

All this collage creating has got me feeling generous. Fellow GAFfers, I made something for you all to remember this glorious Summer 2013 Steam Sale by. Something that truly represents what is great about our community:

mymosaicl9sdf.jpg

:)

All hail our mighty overlord, Kipp.

Zia

Sorry, putting up Borderlands 2 on various sales 50 times is a bigger priority this week.

I would like to see some numbers that validated recycling high-profile games for casual customers that don't log into Steam each day versus one-time sales for less popular games. It's hard for me to believe that a big game's third sale in five or six days is more profitable than freeing up that slot for an indie that previously had a banner advertisement on your service, but hasn't yet had a deep discount, such as KR0, La-Mulana or Cart Life

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You guys should put more effort on those photos mosaic and actually do a real mosaic, not some bullshit overlayed with translucent picture mosaics.

I mean, getting all the avatars is the hardest part.

FACE

Banned
I said, right in the thing you quoted, i've never played any farcry.

I have FC2 but i've played it all of ten minutes.

Sorry, I'm sleepy.

How much do you like inane fetch quests and copious amounts hand holding? You'll like FC3/Blood Dragon if you like those.

It really is.

Those people who grabbed it for $0.01 are lucky bastards.

Indubitably. That said, I have no regrets paying $30 for it and supporting the developers as best I can. One can only hope we see more Metro in a few years...

Giveaway time, albeit somewhat-lame-but-I-wanted-to-do-something in honor of my no longer being a junior style:

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both five or fewer posts in this Steam thread and five or fewer posts in the immediate previous one--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Company of Heroes -- MB-BEBA6A4F1B419397 - Taken by JoduanER2

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
You guys should put more effort on those photos mosaic and actually do a real mosaic, not some bullshit overlayed with translucent picture mosaics.

I mean, getting all the avatars is the hardest part.

What are you implying!? That I didn't put effort into my piece of art!? What a thankless job trying to be a good member of the community is...

Just bougt Borderlands 2 and Chivalry. I am absolutely done with this sale. Totally finishes. Done. Nata. Finess. Fafloogin. Bazunggg.

Dammit, Rogue Legacy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom