• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought X3 Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude. Both are very cheap right now.
TC 75% off and AP 50% off.

Pretty fun game so far, but it's becoming hard as hell since I took over an enemy Xenon L.
Looks like enemies got... smarter. Idk for sure, maybe the problem is just me being a noob.

Grief.exe

Since people helped me, here's a list of mods I found and selected, in order of importance:

edit: You can also add SweetFX if you know what you're doing - I think it changes the game's look too much, I'd rather pass on HDR but keep the exact colorimetry the devs intended.

Bookmarked

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
So what games have you guys started playing?

Currently about halfway or so through Tomb Raider. Enjoying it far more than I thought I would.

Dec

Reeaaaally enjoying Torchlight II.

Be sure to try mods if you get bored/beat it. There are lots, and they are pretty substantial (new classes, spells etc.). Also... make your pet 350% of it's normal size, cause why the hell not.

Tecl0n

Since people helped me, here's a list of mods I found and selected, in order of importance:

edit: You can also add SweetFX if you know what you're doing - I think it changes the game's look too much, I'd rather pass on HDR but keep the exact colorimetry the devs intended.

Connectivity fix?

FloatOn

Any recommendations that look nice? I'm currently using the Pig Hotline Miami background.

This one from Alan Wake best represents my pacific northwest heritage:
X0IhrxI.jpg

Grief.exe

I bought X3 Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude. Both are very cheap right now.
TC 75% off and AP 50% off.

Pretty fun game so far, but it's becoming hard as hell since I took over an enemy Xenon L.
Looks like enemies got... smarter. Idk for sure, maybe the problem is just me being a noob.

Wait for the dailies! Albion Prelude has been lower than that. Albeit not by much.

http://www.steamprices.com/us/dlc/201310/x3-albion-prelude

The Steam Registry entry just got an update, so its a possibility the game will go on sale today.

Have you heard of Star CItizen?

MikeDown

Banned
Damn, Battlefront 2 is still so expensive for an eight year-old game.
IMHO, Battlefront 2, while it has many fun features, the base maps aren't as open or varied compared to the original battlefront. Don't get me wrong, it is still fun game, but I would hold off till Battlefront 3. Again just my opinion

This one from Alan Wake best represents my pacific northwest heritage:
*bro fist Pacific Northwest FTW, we truely have the best climate, deserts, alpine, grasslands, savannas, swamps, ocean, dunes, volcano, plains, rolling hills and beautiful canyons & gorges all within walking distance.

Uiki

I got .16 in my cc and i can't sell trading cards untill next week (fuck you, steamguard!).

HL 3 on sale confirmed.

and saved for the next time i decide to dive it.

LQX

Ugh, so fucking disgusting. Can't believe Wargame lost that vote. All those other games routinely get great deals like that. Here is a game that was $30 last month that they can get for $5 and they don't vote for it. Why the fuck are they even participating in this Steam sale? Ridiculous. That said, I would have felt like shit that people are now paying $5 for a game I just spent $20 for.

Dec

Currently about halfway or so through Tomb Raider. Enjoying it far more than I thought I would.

I've actually managed to beat 3 or so games since the sale started.

Ys1, Gunpoint, and Mark of The Ninja. All fantastic with the exception of some disappointing controls in Ninja, the rest of the game was great. Suffers from Mass Effect syndrome where one button does like 1,000 things.

Might and Magic Clash of heroes or Ys2 will be next I think.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Ugh, so fucking disgusting. Can't believe Wargame lost that vote. All those other games routinely get great deals like that. Here is a game that was $30 last month that they can get for $5 and they don't vote for it. Why the fuck are they even participating in this Steam sale? Ridiculous. That said, I would have felt like shit that people are now paying $5 for a game I just spent $20 for.

You gonna be okay?

Grief.exe

My thoughts exactly.

fatty

Just gotta say, I was hesitant about installing Enhanced Steam, I didn't want an add-on running on my browser but wow, it is very impressive. I'm glad I did.

Downside is that I feel stupid when I get interested in a game and log in to see that the game is highlighted in green because I already own it.

cicero

I agree with this. How many times has Bully been on sale anyway.

Wargame already was a daily at that price. No reason to get upset.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.

I'm still busy installing my brand new PC, received quite some games with my purchase and almost my complete steam collection works now, or a lot better, so i've booted up a lot :p
But I find myself playing Torchlight II and Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon quite often. Especially Torchlight II. So good.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just gotta say, I was hesitant about installing Enhanced Steam, I didn't want an add-on running on my browser but wow, it is very impressive. I'm glad I did.

Downside is that I feel stupid when I get interested in a game and log in to see that the game is highlighted in green because I already own it.

Let me know if you have any problems with it, and enjoy!

wait, do I have to pay (register) to download files larger than 2mb from that site?

Grief.exe

Wargame already was a daily at that price. No reason to get upset.

That it has http://www.steamprices.com/us/app/58610/wargame-european-escalation

I'm not mad now, I just want to give all games their time in the sun.

I'm still busy installing my brand new PC, received quite some games with my purchase and almost my complete steam collection works now, or a lot better, so i've booted up a lot :p
But I find myself playing Torchlight II and Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon quite often. Especially Torchlight II. So good.

Specs? Did you have fun building?

wait, do I have to pay (register) to download files larger than 2mb from that site?

Nope, just have to login.

Acccent

Connectivity fix?

Yeah, I added it and other things since people have bookmarked the post. Now there's pretty much everything you need besides SweetFX presets (since if you can't set if yourself you shouldn't use it anyway) and custom equipment mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom