• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronomac

Why is dust force only 25% off?

I've had Dustforce on my wishlist for a month and haven't seen it go on sale at all.

In other news, Dust: An Elysian Tale is preeeeetty good. I still don't like the style of the characters, but it's a pretty game nonetheless and runs well on my laptop, surprisingly. The combat seemed relatively simple at first but really expands. I played over an hour, got all the cards, and I'm looking forward to more this weekend.

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

You made me shoot coffee out my nose because I chortled heartily when I read that... and now my nose is burning. And is filled with the scent of hazelnut.

binary_domain_3.jpg

Tsukari

Neo Member
Didn't receive the steam cards for my purchase just no, did it happen before that it takes a bit longer?

I bought something yesterday and didn't realize I was supposed to get a card... a couple hours later and I just randomly got a summer sale card, so it seems like it can be delayed sometimes.

bcn1138

Neo Member
Real talk, Binary Domain had a better single player campaign than any of the Gears of War games.

No tell me it's a horrible game. If it goes on sale I'll have to buy yet another game that i won't have time to play. Between this sale and my recent re-addiction to buying board games, my wife is gonna kill me.

Didn't receive the steam cards for my purchase just no, did it happen before that it takes a bit longer?

Its been like that for many people these last few days. If you look at the "how do I earn more cards" link from your badges inventory you will see new purchases are not being added to the total. It sucks.

edit. Ah, apparently it just takes time, good to know.

Copenap

The cards can occasionally take several hours to hit your inventory. They'll appear eventually.

Don't worry, you will get them eventually. I made purchases last night and received my cards some time overnight.

Thanks, I kinda expected as much. Just shows how addicting collecting stuff is -_-
When I look at my total count it even looks like I already got them. Could it be that I just don't get this little message "new item in inventory" when I already got all the cards and they where just doubles?

Nabs

Sang-Froid is on sale there.

If you missed the flash sale, that's your chance.

Why is dust force only 25% off?

The Dustforce devs hate Summer. Look at their Steam discount this year (and last!). I don't get it.
I have a feeling that today will be the worst day of deals yet.

We've seen so many of the deals already, so there's a good chance of that. We may also get some community losers.

Crayons

Banned
Today hoping for deals on

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD,
TimeShift,
Rogue Legacy,
Incredipede,
Ms. Splosion Man,
Receiver
Retro/Grade
Kentucky Route Zero

Digoman

Steam isn't recognizing the amount spent either :/

It took Steam a long time yesterday to recognize some in-game purchase I made in Dota 2 to give more card drops. I actually just notice tthat it finally updated the total number. I also had the problem of summer cards dropping hours late.

So far, everything that has been delayed eventually updated, but their system does appear to be struggling (all those cards! heheh).

Grief.exe

It's not a Metroidvania, which, to me, is a tremendous missed opportunity. When the game was announced, I was expecting a post-apocalyptic Shadow Complex, but alas.

Did you see the announcement of Strider yesterday?

Non-linear, open-world, metroidvania. Basically all of our favorite adjectives.

Grief.exe

Did you see the announcement of Strider yesterday?

Non-linear, open-world, metroidvania. Basically all of our favorite adjectives.
By Double Helix. I have mixed feelings :(

A valid point, hopefully they can craft an amazing game.

They should be playing through Super Metroid, Symphony of the Night, Metroid Zero Mission, and Aria of Sorrow to get inspiration.

Damn, Battlefront 2 is still so expensive for an eight year-old game.

Wait for the dailies.

I've been meaning to start Binary Domain the past few days instead of buying something like Tomb Raider or Dishonored.. I think this may just be the motivation I needed.

edit: hell yes top of page fuck steam sales

Do it. Binary Domain is great. The shooting feels kind of loose until you get a few upgrades but once it kicks in the game is some crazy Nagoshi goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom