• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatty

Let me know if you have any problems with it, and enjoy!

Actually I do have a couple of questions that you or others might be able to help out with, where are these background profiles you speak of? I've looked around and just can't find them. Other question is 'is there a way to see how long you're been a member of Steam'? Thanks.

Cth

Like I said, name recognition.

Bully and Dragons Age had the advantage with that. DA had some negative feedback associated, while Bully seemed pretty well received.

At that point it's down to the bigger drop or cheaper price if everything was on equal footing.

Keep in mind, the majority of people aren't voting for the deal they want, they're voting on name recognition (and to get cards)

Since people helped me, here's a list of mods I found and selected, in order of importance:

edit: You can also add SweetFX if you know what you're doing - I think it changes the game's look too much, I'd rather pass on HDR but keep the exact colorimetry the devs intended.

edit: For the sake of 'exhaustiveness', I'll add those even though I won't use them:

Okay, I finally purchased Dark Souls on the PC. I'm ready to give it another go.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Actually I do have a couple of questions that you or others might be able to help out with, where are these background profiles you speak of? I've looked around and just can't find them.

You need to be level 10 to set a profile background.

Other question is 'is there a way to see how long you're been a member of Steam'? Thanks.

Click your "Years of Service" badge.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Actually I do have a couple of questions that you or others might be able to help out with, where are these background profiles you speak of? I've looked around and just can't find them. Other question is 'is there a way to see how long you're been a member of Steam'? Thanks.

You can change your "Enhanced Steam" custom profile background on your profile edit page. Even if you're not yet level 10.

You can see how long you've been on Steam by looking at your Years of Service badge.

fatty

You need to be level 10 to set a profile background.

Click your "Years of Service" badge.

Ah, thanks! I love the way Enhanced Steam shows the DRM, very easy to spot.

You can change your "Enhanced Steam" custom profile background on your profile edit page. Even if you're not yet level 10.

You can see how long you've been on Steam by looking at your Years of Service badge.

Ah, I can do it through Enhanced Steam, this is awesome, lol.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Specs? Did you have fun building?
My dad, who knows a lot more about computers then I do/did, and I chose the parts, a local hardware store put it together. Copy-paste;
Intel i7-3770K
MSI Z77 MPower
Western Digital 2TB SATAIII
MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozer (temperal, will be replaced with a 770 Lightning when it arrives from backorder. There are 120 backorders in The Netherlands at this moment :/)
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 32GB
LG Bluray Writer (14 speed)
Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced
Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W

My wallet's a lot lighter.

JaseC

Did they remove the exact date you joined from your profile? With the profile update it seems to have disappeared.

Yes, that info was moved to the YoS badge description, which you can set as your featured badge if you so desire.

Someone overwrote my Steam password in my onenote, which was only there because I reset it last week and was trying to memorize it after someone tried to gain access to my account. Is there any way to reset your password without your current password? I'm fine with my market privileges being revoked for a few weeks or any other issues that may arise as a result of this, just need to be able to reset my password.

Grief.exe

My dad, who knows a lot more about computers then I do/did, and I chose the parts, a local hardware store put it together. Copy-paste;
Intel i7-3770K
MSI Z77 MPower
Western Digital 2TB SATAIII
MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozer (temperal, will be replaced with a 770 Lightning when it arrives from backorder. There are 120 backorders in The Netherlands at this moment :/)
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 32GB
LG Bluray Writer (14 speed)
Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced
Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1000W

My wallet's a lot lighter.

I would recommend waiting on the 770.

The 700 series is a stop gap for Nvidia, they aren't all new cards but refreshes. Wait for the 800 series, a 660 will give you more than enough power to get there.

Haswell CPUs are a stopgap for Intel as well, wait for Skylake.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Bully better win damnit

Since people helped me, here's a list of mods I found and selected, in order of importance:

edit: You can also add SweetFX if you know what you're doing - I think it changes the game's look too much, I'd rather pass on HDR but keep the exact colorimetry the devs intended.

edit: For the sake of 'exhaustiveness', I'll add those even though I won't use them:

I'll keep this in mind.

Uiki

starting to get drunk just before a sale is really really really not a good idea.

tumblr_lwij6bzK4Y1r8q0iuo1_500.png

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

The 700 series is a stop gap for Nvidia, they aren't all new cards but refreshes. Wait for the 800 series, a 660 will give you more than enough power to get there.

+1

Or get a 7950 like me?

JaseC

Someone overwrote my Steam password in my onenote, which was only there because I reset it last week and was trying to memorize it after someone tried to gain access to my account. Is there any way to reset your password without your current password? I'm fine with my market privileges being revoked for a few weeks or any other issues that may arise as a result of this, just need to be able to reset my password.

You can reset it via e-mail if you know your account name, or using a game key if you don't.

Addnan

Skylake is a long way off. Haswell refresh next year, then broadwell, then skylake. Not that I would recommend Haswell to anyone. It's shit.

Like I said, name recognition.

Bully and Dragons Age had the advantage with that. DA had some negative feedback associated, while Bully seemed pretty well received.

At that point it's down to the bigger drop or cheaper price if everything was on equal footing.

Keep in mind, the majority of people aren't voting for the deal they want, they're voting on name recognition (and to get cards)

the first DA? I know the 2nd got crushed, but pretty sure the 1st was WELL received.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Well he should probably wait for the 9000 series, which comes out by the end of the year.

A 7950 should be able to get you through this generation, its twice as powerful as the GPU in the PS4.

Yep, I was just throwing out the 7950 because it's a good alternative to the 660 and will serve the same purpose of making it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom