• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Might just say "screw it" and buy Star Trek instead on the flash sale. I know it's terrible (I played a bit of it on the Xbox 360) but... damn it... it's Star Trek.

Grief.exe

BTW Advent Rising even been discounted on this sale? I don't even have it in my store.

Nope, Majesco doesn't care.

Bloodrayne, Bloodrayne 2, and Advent Rising are never discounted.

I'm probably going to pick up Advent Rising after the sale. No chance of them running out of keys anytime soon.

maneil99

Will regular trading card prices go up or down after the sale. Was looking. Seems like i can get about 190 cards. Cant sell until the 22nd though because some asshole revoked his awesomenauts and scammed me a week ago

Chavelo

Monaco 4-pack Group still going:

1. Chavelo
2: Ardvert
3. OPEN
4. OPEN

Send me a PM and an add on Steam (ID: Chavelo) If you want in!

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Does Monaco require any actual finesse or will you be fine if you're half-decent at puzzlers and not an asshole?

It sounds kind of fun and I'm thinking about joining one of the 4-packs that's getting flung around, but it's been so long since I played anything against or with other people that I'm unsure of my skill level.

NIGHT-

I don't wanna say this sale has been "bad" but I was really expecting to buy more stuff... I guess we won't really see anything "new" tomorrow either. Most dailies have just been repeats of flash sales.

Grief.exe

Removed but it had a nasty DRM anyway. The GOG version is better. It was 5$ last week, dunno if the sale is over?

Yep the GOG version is better anyways.

No Tages.

Atari is looking to sell their assets off at one point. Hopefully a good publisher picks up NWN2, Riddick, etc and releases the games back on Steam.

Aquila

I think it was, there was a community choice vote for 80% off that failed. It's 75% off at Green Man right now though.Clicky

Good deal, though it's the same price as buying SS0/Infinity individually through Steam right now. I love the genre so I'll be buying both before the sale is over. Is the bundle worthwhile? How is the Heros of the Fleet and Raptor ship dlc?

Also, stealth plea for friends and gaf community membership:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/AquilaEureka/

Everybody I know is only playing Civ5....

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Sweet, there's Baldur's gate EE for $5. My summer sale is complete.

can anyone please list me Rayman's regional prices? Steamprices gives me an error. I want to know if it's cheaper in Russia or Brazil or something. Still can't access enough PP money, grr.

Any hidden gems on sale? these dailies are things I own or dont want already

what are games that most likely wont be a daily/flash sale but are worth getting while cheap

Ok, obviously I would advise to wait until the very last day but maybe PixelJunk Eden would suit you? According to Enhanced Steam the historical low is "$2.00 at Steam on Sun Jul 15 2012" which was in the last Summer Sale so it could very well go lower (really, anything could go lower so you should really wait until the last day as opposed to buying something today just because you don't like the dailies) but if you think you'd like the game that may be something you could consider.

garath

Prison Architect will be tomorrow's spotlight deal; it's now the one and only game featured on the Summer Sale cards that hasn't been a Daily.

Prison Architect will be tomorrow's daily. La Mulana will not be a daily or flash sale at all.

Excellent to Prison Architect. I thought it strange that it wasn't a daily yet even though it was a card. Sucks that Mulana won't be a daily. But it's still a decent price.

Or you could get a DRM-Free version from GOG :)
Unity of Command is 66% off already ya cheapskate.

First rule of Steam Sale. Don't buy until the last day. I'll happily buy it on the last day but I'll definitely pick it up as a daily.

If you bought unepic from a bundle you can get a steam key free from their website. I did.

I must have missed all the bundles for UnEpic. It looks cool. I'll buy it at full price once I work through a few Sale pickups.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
How is the Trials Evo port? I've been waiting forever for it to go cheaper than what it was listed as.

I see it has UPlay DRM, which fuckin' sucks, but other than that how does it run?

Chavelo

Monaco 4-pack Group still going:

1. Chavelo
2: Ardvert
3. Wynnebeck
4. OPEN

Send me a PM and an add on Steam (ID: Chavelo) If you want in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom