• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec

How is the Trials Evo port? I've been waiting forever for it to go cheaper than what it was listed as.

I see it has UPlay DRM, which fuckin' sucks, but other than that how does it run?

Try the demo. Some people get weird stuttering if the framerate drops even 1 frame from 60fps.

liezryou

Ok trials too expensive, ill wait for next sale.

Rayman seems nice, thoughts?

Star trek... damn how the mighty have fallen, still doesn't seem worth it.

P.S. Developer accidentally put Kenshi (http://store.steampowered.com/app/233860) for 33% off for the sale, this will be the lowest it will be for a while [dev says he might actually raise the base price], if anyone is interested. WARNING: It is very EARLY ALPHA.

$14.99

40% off

"SUMMER SALE! Offer ends 22 July"

That's not a daily. I believe the poster you were replying to was commenting on the lack of a Daily Deal for The Elder Scrolls series (Skyrim, instead, being the only one with a discount from what I can see) because, typically, when one game is the Daily Deal, the previous games will also get a Daily Deal. It would seem that a few people, myself included, were expecting Oblivion and Morrowind to also go on sale when Skyrim was.

Deadbeat

Banned
I dont even know what to buy anymore because of the lack of vanilla skyrim price drop. I guess Ill get Bionic Commando Rearmed. Then im done till tomorrow.

AsylumX

For the buyer, it's well known the longer you wait, the more the price drops.

That depends. The summer sale cards will worth a lot more once the sale is over. You can't get them anymore. The best way to make some money of them is to stash them until the sale is over and wait for a week for those who need to level up their badges.

Supply and demand....

Ryan_

So I'm kind of in a predicament...

My friend left me €25 on his steam for some good games (and some good co-op titles)
since he has to work the whole time.

My question is, would I better buy Rayman: origins or Monaco? provided I buy the same one for co-op. I'm hearing some mixed reactions on Monaco and I'm not quite sure if we'll play it that much. then again, i'm not sure of Rayman either.

liezryou

It's not exactly uncommon for Early Access games to go on sale.

Direct Quote from the developer's site: "Also, due to a minor mis-communication I accidentally put the game in the Steam sales for 33% off. I'm thinking of actually increasing the price a bit more soon, so now is actually the cheapest you will ever get the game for if you don't already have it."

I never spout bullshit ;).

PlayDat

Copped X-Com earlier this morning for $10. Still downloading.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but is there any word on whether there'll be a greatest hits type sale near the end where the bring back the the most popular deals for a day? Was pinching my pennies earlier this week and decided not to pull the trigger on F:NV Ultimate Edition.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Direct Quote from the developer's site: "Also, due to a minor mis-communication I accidentally put the game in the Steam sales for 33% off. I'm thinking of actually increasing the price a bit more soon, so now is actually the cheapest you will ever get the game for if you don't already have it."

I never spout bullshit ;).

The game still being discounted is no accident, though. It's an "issue" a single e-mail could fix.

Fireblend

Banned
So I'm kind of in a predicament...

My friend left me €25 on his steam for some good games (and some good co-op titles)
since he has to work the whole time.

My question is, would I better buy Rayman: origins or Monaco? provided I buy the same one for co-op. I'm hearing some mixed reactions on Monaco and I'm not quite sure if we'll play it that much. then again, i'm not sure of Rayman either.

Rayman is the best co-op experience on Steam, period. Monaco looks great as well though. Maybe you can get both if you get on a 4pack for the latter? Still, I'd go for Rayman. In co-op it's the most fun I've had in years.

Grief.exe

Need

Kerbal Space Program Card

Have

Reus
Bioshock Infinite

Copped X-Com earlier this morning for $10. Still downloading.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but is there any word on whether there'll be a greatest hits type sale near the end where the bring back the the most popular deals for a day? Was pinching my pennies earlier this week and decided not to pull the trigger on F:NV Ultimate Edition.

Yes, they always do a repeat.

liezryou

Alright probably last ( or maybe second last call ) for anyone who wants Euro Truck Simulator 2 for 5.5$. I'm kind of running low on tf2 keys, so would highly prefer payment in steam wallet funds, but i can still accept paypal.

Dec

Alright probably last ( or maybe second last call ) for anyone who wants Euro Truck Simulator 2 for 5.5$. I'm kind of running low on tf2 keys, so would highly prefer payment in steam wallet funds, but i can still accept paypal.

You can trade wallet funds for a game? I'll buy it if so, don't want a paypal account.

I'm guessing Driver San Francisco won't be discounted further for this sale, and neither will any of the Splinter Cell games. Disappointing to be honest.

masterkajo

Another question.. Is XCOM fully playable with a controller, or should I just use keyboard/mouse?

Both work fine. I use mouse and keyboard when I sit at my PC since you have a but more shortcuts and quickslots and I use the controller when I feel like relaxing on my couch.

mrgone

tried the demo for Binary Domain... couldn't even get the controls to work...
major turn off

It's a little weird. There's an external program used for all the settings that I believe was added after the game's release. The demo might not have been updated :p

I actually preferred a controller. Totally implementation.

I wonder if they ever fixed the batshit craziness to the mouse+keyboard in the more complex levels. I preferred m+k early on, but switched over to controller when the mouse cursor refused to make up its mind about what floor it was pointing at. Even the controller was a little weird at times, but definitely beyond my wildest expectations for a game of this type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom