• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Yeah I noticed the double DRM obviously. I guess the PC version is pretty bad?

Any DRM above Steam and I'm out, if your company wants to hurt the consumer, than I won't consume.

Obviously you might have a different ideology than me.

The other three left are all great games in their own right. Between Monaco, Rayman, and Euro Truck, it all comes down to personal preference.

Exile550

Guys , I'm going on my honeymoon (leaving at 3 pm for the airport) and I won't have access to the internet for a week. The only game missing from my wishlist is ghost recon future soldier. If any of you would be so kind to buy the game when/if it comes up as daily/comm choice/flash and I will paypal once I get back next Sunday.

Pm me in the next few minutes if possible. Thanks!!

cicero

No. I have never played Baldur's Gate and have always meant to. I assume I'd want the newer version.
I was going to reply and saw what summed up what I was going to say.

Enhanced Edition has a shittier intro, tons of new bugs and doesn't support the old version's mods.

Of course he is. There's no way someone could seriously say that.
Seeing as how he asked it RIGHT after it was commented on multiple times, yeah, it did seem like trolling.

rockx4

I'll never understand the 'I must have everything on Steam' mentality.

GOG is a great service and completely DRM free.

GOG seems nice and all, but I'd prefer to keep my digital purchases in one spot. I'm considering BG:EE, I'm not likely to use any of the BG mods anyway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So are sale cards going to start becoming more expensive as they become something of a 'rarity' after the sale ends?

Given the sheer amount of them you're looking at quite a long while before any meaningful price increases occur.

masterkajo

Alright GAF:

• Monaco
  • Rayman Origins
  • Fable III
  • Euro Truck Simulator

I don't have enough money to buy more than 1. Which should i pick?

Keeping all the money for when I win your video contest, right ;)

I wouldn't get Fable 3. It is a pretty bad game. Euro Truck I have never played but it looks really nice and relaxing (and features - as far as I can tell at lest a highway sign to - my hometown: Salzburg). Big plus right there. Rayman I heard is good but I never played Origins. Monaco is only good in coop. So when you got some people to play it could be a fun time.

So if I had to choose I would pick Euro Truck. A totally different experience for once.

So are sale cards going to start becoming more expensive as they become something of a 'rarity' after the sale ends?
Considering people will still be able to craft badges after the sale ends but the cards themselves won't drop anymore, I'd say there's a good chance of prices going up after the sale, particularly the foils.

Yoritomo

TRY THE DEMO BEFORE BUYING TRIALS EVO

I tried it earlier and it's a terrible port. I won't buy this unplayable stuttering mess until it gets fixed (if ever).
It's a shame because it's one of my favorite game on 360, I really wanted to have it on steam. Fuck.

Disable SLI or crossfire.

Eternia

Well, I already bought it, but the price was not that bad, I think.
I paid for Albion the equivalent to US$ 3,81 (R$ 8,49 - brazilian currency).
But thanks for the tip anyway! :)

I was eager to play the game. In fact, Star Citizen was the reason I bought X3.
When I saw the Star Citizen trailers, I felt I was watching some 3DMark benchmark, and started to think the huge scale of the game and all the possibilities. So I felt in need to play a good space sim "now". And found X3 (and there`s a sequel coming for this one, right?).

I'm really enjoying it, and can't wait to put my hands on Star Citizen too. I'm really excited for this game (and X3 sequel too).
A sequel has been in the works for a while, not sure if they hit a snag or something as I haven't been keeping up.

Glad to see someone else that enjoys X3. Very few games out there that offers that kind of experience in a single player mode.

What's better, Dishonored or Blood Dragon?

I prefer Dishonored (the store currently isn't loading for me at this time but is that still on sale? I thought it would have been off by now) and, assuming it's on sale, it's only slightly more expensive than Blood Dragon (which I know should still have the discount). Blood Dragon has the much better soundtrack, is cheaper, and is more humorous while simultaneously being completely (purposely) over the top, but that's pretty much where it's advantage ends as far as I'm concerned. The gameplay isn't as enjoyable (but again, this is mostly my personal preference but I feel you have much more freedom in playing Dishonored than you do in Blood Dragon; Blood Dragon also is primarily concerned with guns while Dishonored places a lesser emphasis on them), it's not as replayable, the art design isn't as good (again, personal preference; Dishonored's art style is more appealing to me when compared to Blood Dragon which I found quite annoying [in that it made things too dark and while I realise the appearance it was going for, I just found it grating]) and the level design in Dishonored is magnificent (with numerous ways to traverse the levels that accomodate the powers at your disposal; the levels are somewhat linear but they're open enough to allow for some exploration). Dishonored isn't perfect by any means, it has numerous flaws; but overall I received more enjoyment from Dishonored than Far Cry.

Either game is a worthy purchase but I'd go for Dishonored between the two. Ultimately it depends on what you're looking for in the game as with the exception that they're both in the first person perspective, they both have long-range firearms, and they both have some stealth elements in them, they're very different games.

EDIT: Ok I've just gotten the store working and Dishonored is €18 which makes it a more difficult choice. Between the two I'd still go with Dishonored but if you're unsure on it I can't really advise as to what the best choice for you would be. If Dishonored appeared again in the sale I wouldn't hesitate to recomment you buy it but at €18 it's a much more difficult thing to recommend considering how cheap a large amount of items are.

maneil99

Anyone know how long steam support takes to reply. My wishlist fits my budget almost exactly but now that i found out my awesomenauts was revoked at some point in the last few months i need to reconsider my games. Hopefully they either give me the game or the game i traded for it

cicero

Alright then. May as well just find the old disks at a thrift shop then.
GOG.com has it for sale. I would wait until they have a major sale to buy it though. You will get it for at least 50% off, so $5 instead of $10, or better yet, wait for a special D&D bundle to happen during their big sales, and they always do have one, where you can get it along with all of the other D&D titles for 75-80% off.
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/baldurs_gate_the_original_saga
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/baldurs_gate_2_complete

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Any DRM above Steam and I'm out, if your company wants to hurt the consumer, than I won't consume.

Obviously you might have a different ideology than me.

The other three left are all great games in their own right. Between Monaco, Rayman, and Euro Truck, it all comes down to personal preference.

Obviously I felt that 3rd party DRM warranted having a giant red banner on the steam store, so I'm with ya.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone know how long steam support takes to reply. My wishlist fits my budget almost exactly but now that i found out my awesomenauts was revoked at some point in the last few months i need to reconsider my games. Hopefully they either give me the game or the game i traded for it

2-3 days generally, usually longer during sale periods. Xelios received a response after 30 hours or so, but I assume account restrictions (in his case, purchasing restrictions) are given higher priority.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Common sense should tell anyone that a highly successful game isn't going to have some huge sale only three weeks after its release. At the least, it certainly wouldn't go below the pre-order price of $10.

I don't think anyone expected 75% off but I wouldn't be surprised if it would have matched pre-order pricing.

Grief.exe

Obviously I felt that 3rd party DRM warranted having a giant red banner on the steam store, so I'm with ya.

lol I was up on my soapbox there for a second.

That will probably be my favorite enhanced steam option for that video. When is the deadline? EDIT: you just answered my question.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
lol I was up on my soapbox there for a second.

That will probably be my favorite enhanced steam option for that video. When is the deadline?

Ends on the 21st. :)

It'll be hard to top Salsa's video lol

AndyCH

Banned
Any hidden gems on sale? these dailies are things I own or dont want already

what are games that most likely wont be a daily/flash sale but are worth getting while cheap

MikeDown

Banned
Alright GAF:

• Monaco
  • Rayman Origins
  • Fable III
  • Euro Truck Simulator

I don't have enough money to buy more than 1. Which should i pick?
I can't tell you want to get, although I would suggest avoiding Fable 3. The exploration in that game is fairly limited, so are the customization options, including weapons, hair and clothing. Furthermore the quests are somewhat simplistic.

Dec

I like having everything conveniently located in one place with updates and such.

It's just simpler that way.

Seems strange to me. Game is old, so updates wont be a problem, and it can just be added to your Steam library as a non Steam game anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom