• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 Thread #3 - Many questions answered in the OP's FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
He's only offering what's in the list.
That's interesting, I wouldn't mind getting Arkham City GOTY and Euro Truck Simulator 2 for $5 and $4, respectively.

Here's a little question, though I'm not sure if anyone will know the answer: will Paypal charge me a fee for sending money from Argentina to people in other countries? I looked around in the site and googled it and couldn't find any proper answer, only this:

Transferring money
Usually Free - Sending money to friends and family is free for you and the recipient when you fund the transfer with your bank account or PayPal balance. You can also use a debit or credit card or make an international transfer for a small fee.

PayPal balance or bank account: Free when sending money inside the US.
Debit/Credit card fee: 2.9% of total amount sent plus $0.30 per transaction (the sender decides who pays this fee).
Outside the US: Small fee of 0.5% to 2% (depends on destination) when fully funded with bank account or PayPal balance. 3.4% to 3.9% if paying with a credit or debit card.

I'd be paying with a credit card. Does that mean I should add 3.9% to the game price? Are there any other charges on top from that?

Sorry for asking this stuff here, but I've never bought anything from Paypal that wasn't an indie bundle or backing Broken Age, and I still don't really know how it works.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Aww what the hell - the same two cards for system shock 2 dropped on me. :(

The dupe count has gone up exponentially since the sale began. It's not exactly uncommon to use up all your drops and discover you have just one unique card.

Tecl0n

Both Registry apps for Batman: AA and Baman AC GOTY editions were just updated with a new beta build.

Both games have the same build, titled qa_69257 and with the same decription CL#69257.

Its the first time I've seen both apps updated at the same time. I will actually see both Batman: AC and Bioshock 2 get updated around the same time though.

They are adding achievements to both Bioshock 2 and Batman: AA, and possibly removing both GFWL and Securom.

Check this thread for more info http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619976

A shame Dark Souls will not get that treatment.

Khronico

Games bought so far:
Monaco
Ys 1&2
Mark of the Ninja
Endless Space Gold
Gnomoria
Spiderweb Humble Weekly Bundle

Money Spent: $30, saved $4 from card sales.

Hows the sale been treating you so far, folks?

Fireblend

Banned
XCOM:EU expansion pack.

KuGsj.gif

:'(

That's interesting, I wouldn't mind getting Arkham City GOTY and Euro Truck Simulator 2 for $5 and $4, respectively.

Here's a little question, though I'm not sure if anyone will know the answer: will Paypal charge me a fee for sending money from Argentina to people in other countries? I looked around in the site and googled it and couldn't find any proper answer, only this:

I'd be paying with a credit card. Does that mean I should add 3.9% to the game price? Are there any other charges on top from that?

Sorry for asking this stuff here, but I've never bought anything from Paypal that wasn't an indie bundle or backing Broken Age, and I still don't really know how it works.

It should tell you how much fee is added before sending your money to someone. They will a be a confirmation screen telling the total you are sending. Make sure its fee come out of your bank account and not the balance of the person you are sending to, so the person doesn't take a loss.

Wok

So far, I have spent 11 euros for games (Surgeon Simulator, Dark Souls) and 13 euros for cards (including the level 5 summer badge).

Eternia

Both Registry apps for Batman: AA and Baman AC GOTY editions were just updated with a new beta build.

Both games have the same build, titled qa_69257 and with the same decription CL#69257.

Its the first time I've seen both apps updated at the same time. I will actually see both Batman: AC and Bioshock 2 get updated around the same time though.

They are adding achievements to both Bioshock 2 and Batman: AA, and possibly removing both GFWL and Securom.

Check this thread for more info http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=619976
I hope it's true in the end, especially the Securom part. They can't hate money that much...

Grief.exe

Civ 6, I bet.

I don't know. Historically, there is about a 5 year gap between Civilization releases.

The reasoning is, there is so much gameplay available in one release it probably takes that long for most fans of the genre to finally put down a game.
They would effectively cannibalize sales if they release the next Civ game too soon, since the majority of their fan base would still be enjoying the prior release.

That is why they just stopped releasing DLC 3 years after release. What other game can do that other Civilization?
leaving out the obvious answers like F2P games and MMOs that business models rely on content updates

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

You always pay a fee from Argentina to other countries, $ 1 U.S. dollar should cover it.

antitrop

I don't know. Historically, there is about a 5 year gap between Civilization releases.

Would you like to have a conversation about the gap between numbered Battlefield sequels and how gaps can change to benefit marketing? :p

I'm being sort of facetious, but I do think the next Firaxis game will probably be Civ 6.

Grief.exe

A shame Dark Souls will not get that treatment.

Remains to be seen.

The writing is on the wall for GFWL support, Microsoft may have told companies that they are not going to support GFWL after 2013 or 2014.

From potentially could assign a small team to fixing up the Dark Souls 1 port after the second game is finished.

My gut reaction? We will probably be playing single player Dark Souls in a year.

antitrop

The reasoning is, there is so much gameplay available in one release it probably takes that long for most fans of the genre to finally put down a game.
They would effectively cannibalize sales if they release the next Civ game too soon, since the majority of their fan base would still be enjoying the prior release.

That is why they just stopped releasing DLC 3 years after release. What other game can do that other Civilization?
leaving out the obvious answers like F2P games and MMOs that business models rely on content updates

That totally makes perfect sense, which is exactly why I think they are going to try to rush the next Civ game.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

Spent over $100.

Got (if I can remember right) :

Bioshock Infinite
Dark Souls
FEZ
FTL
Rayman Origins
Tomb Raider
Euro Truck Sim 2
Mark of Ninja
Dear Esther (no idea why)
Universe Sandbox
Kinetic Void
Tropico 4

Won:
Oil Rush

I think that's it. Infinite was the biggest wallet hit but I knew I was going to buy it at the Summer Sale if it was offered. I've been waiting for it.

EDIT: 113.26 ..... I forgot about Max Payne 3

neoism

Games bought so far:
Monaco
Ys 1&2
Mark of the Ninja
Endless Space Gold
Gnomoria
Spiderweb Humble Weekly Bundle

Money Spent: $30, saved $4 from card sales.

Anomaly Warzone Earth free
Torchlight II $4.99
System Shock 2 $2.49
Sleeping Dogs $6.74
Darksiders free
Bastion $2.49
Hotline Miami $2.49
Aquaria free
Half-Life 2: Episode Two $1.99
Crayon Physics Deluxe free
NightSky free

steam says $23.44 spent have $45.31 from $61.00

soo made about $8+ from cards and still have like 25 to farm...
this sale has been ok not great.........

Would you like to have a conversation about the gap between numbered Battlefield sequels and how gaps can change to benefit marketing? :p

I'm being sort of facetious, but I do think the next Firaxis game will probably be Civ 6.

There'll probably be an Xcom expansion somewhere between Brave New World and 6 but yeah, I can't see their next full game being anything else.

Decided to start Sniper Ghost Warrior SP campaign. Don't know if I'll muster the courage to finish it, the game is insanely mediocre.

Hell, even the music is stolen from the Modern Warfare games.

Grief.exe

That totally makes perfect sense, which is exactly why I think they are going to try to rush the next Civ game.

It would go against historical precedence and good business sense, but there is a possibility. Who knows what 2K will make them do?

Their next project will be another iteration of XCOM, Civ VI won't be for a while.

http://kotaku.com/5992126/could-this-be-a-new-xcom-game-in-the-works

Before debuting a teaser trailer for the game during a PAX East panel today, designer Jake Solomon said, "It's big," noting that "we're not going to be able to talk about it for a while."

Soo is awesomenauts good?

Is the online dead (outside of sale time)?

I've had a lot of fun with it, so there's that. It's nowhere near a complex as the average MOBA, though.

And the community is well and alive.

It would go against historical precedence and good business sense, but there is a possibility. Who knows what 2K will make them do?

Their next project will be another iteration of XCOM, Civ VI won't be for a while.

http://kotaku.com/5992126/could-this-be-a-new-xcom-game-in-the-works

I really should try XCOM again. I loved it, but my playthrough quickly went south once I accidentally killed my Argentinian.

Martian

Kind of off topic: but are there any games like euro truck simulator but with cars?
I like the simulating part, the gear shifting and the driving around in the real world, but trucks arent really my thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom